ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 48
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:34 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Cant wait for more scenes and dialogue with Finn and Rose

:-)

Seriously though...the franchise now is a god damn dumpster fire.

Disney doesn't care though...Star Wars is about making toys/merch more than it is making movies, they can make it as fucking shitty as they want to...and they have.
Except NO ONE IS BUYING THE TOYS. Seriously. The toy sales are in the shitter.
[Reply]
007 03:24 AM 02-15-2019
Its interesting seeing SDH and HP on opposite sides.

I loved Star Wars. Then the prequels came out and dampened my spirits. Now the new trilogy has started and made me feel that the prequels are fucking gold in comparison.

I was willing to forgive JJ for only making a soft reboot but then to have Rian come in and shit all over the franchise? Fuck him.

Also, my boys lost all interest in Star Wars after Force Awakens. My daughter doesn't even care about Star Wars.
[Reply]
007 03:27 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Bastardizing the original content is perhaps the biggest cardinal sin Disney is committing. They just do not get it. Stupid, stupid video. There are so many more ways they could have celebrated Leia's heroism without slandering the other original characters.
That video is complete and utter bullshit. Leia was never weak. Why they felt the need to do that is beyond stupid.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:32 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by 007:

I loved Star Wars. Then the prequels came out and dampened my spirits. Now the new trilogy has started and made me feel that the prequels are fucking gold in comparison.

I was willing to forgive JJ for only making a soft reboot but then to have Rian come in and shit all over the franchise? Fuck him.

Also, my boys lost all interest in Star Wars after Force Awakens. My daughter doesn't even care about Star Wars.
The prequels are not better than the sequel trilogy.

They were sloppy, haphazardly written and poorly executed CGI wankfests and even Rose isn't as annoyingly awful a character as Jar Jar.

At least the ST has a consistent villain.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:49 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The prequels are not better than the sequel trilogy.

They were sloppy, haphazardly written and poorly executed CGI wankfests and even Rose isn't as annoyingly awful a character as Jar Jar.

At least the ST has a consistent villain.
I'd rather watch any of the prequels again than watch the stain that is TLJ. I saw TLJ in the theater and came away underwhelmed and feeling something was missing. I watched TLJ again when it hit Netflix, and sweet baby jesus it was just terrible. I'll wait for video before watching the next one.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:54 AM 02-15-2019
Lies.

No one wants to watch Attack of the Clones over anything ever again.

"i truly...deeply...love you!"

:-)
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 AM 02-15-2019

I loved Star Wars. Then the prequels came out and dampened my spirits. Now the new trilogy has started and made me feel that the prequels are ****ing gold in comparison.

I was willing to forgive JJ for only making a soft reboot but then to have Rian come in and shit all over the franchise? **** him.

Same here, kids loved the originals, love Phantom Menace (the kid and pod racing), but won’t watch any of the new movies.

Disney is going to have major issues in the future. They pissed off a lot of their die hard fans, and have very little support from the young kids.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:13 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Same here, kids loved the originals, love Phantom Menace (the kid and pod racing), but won’t watch any of the new movies.

Disney is going to have major issues in the future. They pissed off a lot of their die hard fans, and have very little support from the young kids.
Which corp exec would you rather be: someone with the Mouse trying to gaslight people into thinking Rian Johnson's adventures were a good idea or the goon at Universal who has to keep interest in the Harry Potter IP to generations who did not grow up during the book releases?
[Reply]
notorious 09:17 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Which corp exec would you rather be: someone with the Mouse trying to gaslight people into thinking Rian Johnson's adventures were a good idea or the goon at Universal who has to keep interest in the Harry Potter IP to generations who did not grow up during the book releases?
Both are brutal, but they made their own beds with stupid decisions.

I can’t believe Disney attacked their own fans. If they would have stayed quiet and let the disappointment blow over they would be in a much better position right now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:29 AM 02-15-2019

I don't buy it.

Between BB-8 and the LEGION of young girls who love Rey they are fine.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:53 AM 02-15-2019

It's quite simple; I like SW for specific reasons related to story and character. Those reasons have been replaced with disposable, pop-culture garbage that will be forgotten quickly. End of story.

And like others have said, Marvel is proving my hypothesis correct with each passing movie. They know how to present a hero and villain. They don't waste time murking about in "shades of gray", and doing it in a piss-poor fashion like Rian Johnson.

Simple. No great math required here at all.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:55 AM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't buy it.

Between BB-8 and the LEGION of young girls who love Rey they are fine.
"Legion" my ass. Would you care to guess which main character is selling the least in the toy aisle?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:43 PM 02-15-2019
Jar Jar IS the main antagonist in the prequels. He is the foil to Yoda. A character that is made to look foolish only to be the most powerful SITH LORD in the galaxy.

He was just so annoying that Lucas wrote him out.

Jar Jar influences a lot of things by acting stupid, mind control on the queen, force jumps, etc. You just have to look for it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:32 PM 02-15-2019
Both are brutal, but they made their own beds with stupid decisions.
.. what did Universal do wrong?
[Reply]
notorious 02:15 PM 02-15-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
.. what did Universal do wrong?
Timing is everything.

I really don’t know, though. I am older than the Potter generation.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 48
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up