ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>Netflix: Lost in Space
stumppy 03:37 PM 04-13-2018
Didn't see a thread about it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104198

Dropped today, I'm going to have to give it a go. Robot looks cool as hell.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:26 AM 04-14-2018
A lot of overly critical opinions going on in this thread.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:11 AM 04-14-2018
I'm on episode 5 and they're building a large Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Kind of weird but OK.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:21 PM 04-14-2018
Let me guess: people are complaining that it’s a SJW liberal remake with all kinds of weird minority and gender choices in casting? Why can’t they just leave well enough alone and make our men white, our children straight, and our women servile?
[Reply]
007 02:05 PM 04-14-2018
Some of you will never be happy with anything.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:23 PM 04-14-2018
I made it through the pilot ep, which seemed okay, although maybe a little slow.

However, the latest season of Bosch dropped yesterday, too, and it's REALLY good, at least through 6 episodes. So once I'm done with that I'll try more Lost in Space.
[Reply]
007 07:11 PM 04-14-2018
Just finished it. Very enjoyable.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:54 PM 04-14-2018
Just finished the second episode. It's okay. Certainly better than the source material.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:01 AM 04-15-2018
some glaring plot holes, but it was enjoyable. :-) :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 04:42 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Let me guess: people are complaining that it’s a SJW liberal remake with all kinds of weird minority and gender choices in casting? Why can’t they just leave well enough alone and make our men white, our children straight, and our women servile?
Is that really a guess or did you plagiarize it from my rotten tomatoes review?! :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 07:03 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just finished the second episode. It's okay. Certainly better than the source material.
That's for sure. But damnit, I want the robot to start talking.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:04 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Is that really a guess or did you plagiarize it from my rotten tomatoes review?! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:01 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
That's for sure. But damnit, I want the robot to start talking.
When I was a little kid I was obsessed with Lost in Space, because I could never watch it. The reruns were broadcast on channel 41 out of Kansas City and Jeff City cable didn't carry it. I might be able to see an episode or two a year if I was visiting relatives. Being able to see an episode was almost magical.

Finally, I found it on syfy and tried to watch - it was awful. Like worse than the worst original Star Trek episode.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:04 AM 04-15-2018
When I was a little kid I was obsessed with Lost in Space, because I could never watch it. The reruns were broadcast on channel 41 out of Kansas City and Jeff City cable didn't carry it. I might be able to see an episode or two a year if I was visiting relatives. Being able to see an episode was almost magical.

Finally, I found it on syfy and tried to watch - it was awful. Like worse than the worst original Star Trek episode.
Same here. I stumbled across a few episode over the last few years and they suck. It's a case of remembering what I wanted it to be instead of what it was.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:04 AM 04-15-2018

It required the magic of a child’s eye, that’s for sure.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 AM 04-15-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Same here. I stumbled across a few episode over the last few years and they suck. It's a case of remembering what I wanted it to be instead of what it was.
To be fair, only about half of the original Star Treks are watchable. I'd sooner watch a soccer game than the episode about the space hippies. Ugh. In fact, now that I have the ability to watch them any time I want on Netflix, even with the updated CGI, I'll still only a handful of them. And the only one I watch with any regularity is The Doomsday Machine.

But back in the day Star Trek was on every Saturday night at 10:15, and I watched it religiously.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up