ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 240
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:58 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Hindsight is 20/20.

On paper in 2013, Alex was the better choice. It's the same thing as looking at the relative strengths and weaknesses of a couple teams, say the Chiefs and the Colts, and deciding that on paper, the Chiefs should win that game.

Reality can and sometimes will diverge wildly from all analysis at any time. But no one in their right mind with everything on the line bucks the evidence and picks Foles over Smith in 2013.

People seem to forget just how raw and poor Foles was in 2012. His record was 1-5, a 60% completion rate, threw 6 TDs and 5 INTs.

Not great.

In fact, comparing his numbers to Alex Smith's in 2012, it's not even a question. Alex was by far the better choice in 2013.

Alex Smith numbers from 2011:

13-3, 61% completion percentage, 3144 yds, 17 TDs 5 INTs.

Alex Smith's numbers from 2013, benched in Week 10 for CK:

6-2-1, 1737 yds, 70.3 completion percentage, 13 TDs 5 INTs.

No one, and I mean no one, picks Foles over Smith after looking at those numbers. It's not even close.
Alex Smith was a Chief in 2013.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:00 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is the most ridiculous overreaction I’ve ever seen on here. And there’s an embarrassing amount of people contributing.
/thread

One big circle jerk... :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Alex Smith was a Chief in 2013.
Yes. He was traded by the 49ers to the Chiefs in the spring of 2013.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/...e-chiefs-49ers

And your point?

Never mind. I mis-typed 2013 when I meant 2012 at the very end of that post. Fixed.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:26 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Reid is a helluva coach, guys.

Hes not Belichick and never will be but he can absolutely win a SB with the right talent.
Andy Reid has had all sorts of talent for decades and has failed to do anything with it. Andy is one of these outstanding coordinators that get promoted above their appropriate level because they are so good.

Andy Reid is somewhere between a coordinator and a head coach. Too good to stay a coordinator and not good enough to win the big one at the next level. You can say the same about Marty Schottenheimer. Andy and Marty, two guys who dominate during the regular season but get their shit pushed in against the superior talent of the playoffs.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:38 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Andy Reid has had all sorts of talent for decades and has failed to do anything with it. Andy is one of these outstanding coordinators that get promoted above their appropriate level because they are so good.

Andy Reid is somewhere between a coordinator and a head coach. Too good to stay a coordinator and not good enough to win the big one at the next level. You can say the same about Marty Schottenheimer. Andy and Marty, two guys who dominate during the regular season but get their shit pushed in against the superior talent of the playoffs.
I propose a trade.

CP receives:
RobertWeathers

PatriotsPlanet receives:
JakeF
OkChiefs
RedDawg

I'd even be willing to throw in a young prospect on the practice squad. Goes by Ubeja and has a photographic memory when it comes to the 1971 Chiefs and the best blues musicians in Nashville circa 1983. Guy is a real blue chip, go-getter.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:45 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I propose a trade.

CP receives:
RobertWeathers
A Defiant Goose

PatriotsPlanet receives:
JakeF
OkChiefs
RedDawg
Uchieffyburger
BWillie
diphlg9

I'd even be willing to throw in a young prospect on the practice squad. Goes by Ubeja and has a photographic memory when it comes to the 1971 Chiefs and the best blues musicians in Nashville circa 1983. Guy is a real blue chip, go-getter.
Fixed, but yes. Let's make this happen.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 05:01 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Fixed, but yes. Let's make this happen.
There he goes AGAIN!!....

:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:15 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
There he goes AGAIN!!....

:-)
You posting selfies again?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:11 PM 10-13-2019
Andy Reid just got outcoached by Bill O'Brien.

I'd just like to point that out.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:15 PM 10-13-2019
After this year fire him. I"m not kidding, not one damn bit. That mother fucker has had YEARS to address the defense, and the defense has been shit for 4 years now. I'm sick of this, you will have a ridiculous line of suitors because Mahomes is the QB, pick the best one and go. Pederson won the fucking Superbowl with Nick Foles, we can do better guys, I don't care what your responses are, this is the camp I'm in until Reid is gone, Superbowl or not, he's a shitty coach that is all smoke and mirrors. We've fallen for his bullshit for long enough.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:16 PM 10-13-2019
Andy Reid's play calling is the epitome of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:19 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Andy Reid's play calling is the epitome of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5 minutes to go, down 7, 2nd and 14, have only called 10 runs, and Mahomes is your QB.

Let's call a RUN!

That one call epitomizes Reid.

Dude is a great play designer. But he is tone deaf when it comes to managing a game.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:19 PM 10-13-2019
He called ANOTHER 2nd and long run on ANOTHER must score 4th quarter drive.

Like what the FUCK
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:21 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
After this year fire him. I"m not kidding, not one damn bit. That mother ****er has had YEARS to address the defense, and the defense has been shit for 4 years now. I'm sick of this, you will have a ridiculous line of suitors because Mahomes is the QB, pick the best one and go. Pederson won the ****ing Superbowl with Nick Foles, we can do better guys, I don't care what your responses are, this is the camp I'm in until Reid is gone, Superbowl or not, he's a shitty coach that is all smoke and mirrors. We've fallen for his bullshit for long enough.

We're wed to Clark and Hitchens and Mathieu for years.

At every level we have a bountiful of suck.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:22 PM 10-13-2019
Outcoached by Bill Fucking O'Brien.
[Reply]
Page 141 of 240
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191 > Last »
Up