ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Hall of Classics>Guess what? Gretz call us classless and deranged
Ultra Peanut 04:56 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They did this weird thing, and it probably saved my life. Between shooting Tom and Kenny, they all sat down, and they had taken some Peanuts books from the bedroom I shared with Kenny, and they read them out loud. Pete, the white guy, read the male voices, and Julie, the girl, she read the female voices. The black guy - I think his name was Lincoln or something, but I never remembered that until now - he went in and made a sandwich in the kitchen and then came out and listened to them while Kenny and I were tied up.

They were reading one of the books where Lucy was a psychiatrist and Charlie Brown would tell her his worries, and then she would be mean to him and then charge him a nickel. The guy looked up at me and asked me if I had a nickel and I didn't, and he said that he would've let me go if I only had a nickel. She did a high voice for Charlie Brown's little sister, and they all laughed about it, and Lincoln was eating his sandwich and to this day I smell gunpowder when I see a loaf of Wonder bread.
Oh. My. God.

:-) x 100000000000000000000!
[Reply]
stanleychief 05:11 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
They did this weird thing, and it probably saved my life. Between shooting Tom and Kenny, they all sat down, and they had taken some Peanuts books from the bedroom I shared with Kenny, and they read them out loud. Pete, the white guy, read the male voices, and Julie, the girl, she read the female voices. The black guy - I think his name was Lincoln or something, but I never remembered that until now - he went in and made a sandwich in the kitchen and then came out and listened to them while Kenny and I were tied up.

They were reading one of the books where Lucy was a psychiatrist and Charlie Brown would tell her his worries, and then she would be mean to him and then charge him a nickel. The guy looked up at me and asked me if I had a nickel and I didn't, and he said that he would've let me go if I only had a nickel. She did a high voice for Charlie Brown's little sister, and they all laughed about it, and Lincoln was eating his sandwich and to this day I smell gunpowder when I see a loaf of Wonder bread.
You know.. with your writing talent and Talisman's artistic skills, I think you should look into making a children's book. I could see popups and even some polls being worked into the book.

You could call it something like: My day With the Deranged and Twisted Hippie Chief Fans
[Reply]
Talisman 04:54 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by deRainged Man:
The guy looked up at me and asked me if I had a nickel and I didn't, and he said that he would've let me go if I only had a nickel.
I believe this is how they got the idea for Monty Hall's "Let's Make a Deal."
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:45 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by Talisman:
I believe this is how they got the idea for Monty Hall's "Let's Make a Deal."
You may be right, because after they killed Tom, they told me they were going to kill me next, but gave me the option to pick what they said was "Curtain Number 2." I didn't know what they meant, but I thought I had no choice, so I said, "Curtain Number 2." They laughed and said that Curtain Number 2 meant that they would kill Kenny first. I remember them pulling him over near the lava lamp and putting the gun to his head, and then the shooting. He slumped over, and I thought to myself, "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!"
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:21 PM 01-14-2004
AAAAAAUUUUUGGHHHHHH! IT'S LIKE IT'S HAPPENING ALL OVER AGAIN!

[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:50 PM 01-14-2004
well denise you should know that most of the time the planet is a clam place but when your dc killed our chance at a superbowl we have the right to go crazy
[Reply]
davebutler 06:07 PM 01-14-2004
I'm sick and tired of listening to Bob Gretz who is no more than a cheerleader and mouth piece for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is certainly NOT a journalist, as his comments are always biased towards the Chiefs and his "job" is dependent upon having a good relationship with the Chiefs. Don't believe it? Ask Jason Whitlock about what happens when the professional sports teams you report on black list you.

Sure Gretz has it good - rubbing elbows with the players, with Carl Peterson (what's with the hair Carl???) and other A list people, and being invited to great parties, etc. Must be a lot of fun and an enviable position, but isn't your first duty, Mr. Gretz, to be impartial and report on the Chiefs?

Gretz is so biased that it is almost impossible to listen to him on the Fox. Just listening to him suck up to and kiss Carl P's rump makes me want to puke. Have you no pride Bob? How many times has Gretz cut off a caller in order to protect Carl or the organization from a difficult or embarassing question? More times than I can remember.

The latest back bending ^ss-kissing given by Gretz were the comments about the FireGregRobinson.com website. What happened to people's first amendment rights? Gretz's name calling was unwarranted.

Gretz was dramatic in his discussion of Robinson's firing and about what a great guy he and the franchise is. Geeze Bob, that's nice, let me shed a tear for another millionaire losing a job. I'm sure GR's benefits will eclipse what most people make in a lifetime. How does Gretz know GR wasn't asked to resign? Given his connection with DV, it would make sense. That way Vermeil wouldn't have to embarass a good friend by firing him.

I wish Gretz would have as much empathy for the hundreds or perhaps thousands of hard working people who have been laid off in the past couple of years by Sprint and other local companies.

I have a lot more empathy for those hard working people than an Asst. football coach who makes more money than the average person would know what to do with. GR will surely land on his feet, with or without Gretz's flowery comments. I'm not so sure about people who have lost their life savings after being laid off from local companies.
[Reply]
ExtremeChief 06:23 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by davebutler:
I'm sick and tired of listening to Bob Gretz who is no more than a cheerleader and mouth piece for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is certainly NOT a journalist, as his comments are always biased towards the Chiefs and his "job" is dependent upon having a good relationship with the Chiefs. Don't believe it? Ask Jason Whitlock about what happens when the professional sports teams you report on black list you.

Sure Gretz has it good - rubbing elbows with the players, with Carl Peterson (what's with the hair Carl???) and other A list people, and being invited to great parties, etc. Must be a lot of fun and an enviable position, but isn't your first duty, Mr. Gretz, to be impartial and report on the Chiefs?

Gretz is so biased that it is almost impossible to listen to him on the Fox. Just listening to him suck up to and kiss Carl P's rump makes me want to puke. Have you no pride Bob? How many times has Gretz cut off a caller in order to protect Carl or the organization from a difficult or embarassing question? More times than I can remember.

The latest back bending ^ss-kissing given by Gretz were the comments about the FireGregRobinson.com website. What happened to people's first amendment rights? Gretz's name calling was unwarranted.

Gretz was dramatic in his discussion of Robinson's firing and about what a great guy he and the franchise is. Geeze Bob, that's nice, let me shed a tear for another millionaire losing a job. I'm sure GR's benefits will eclipse what most people make in a lifetime. How does Gretz know GR wasn't asked to resign? Given his connection with DV, it would make sense. That way Vermeil wouldn't have to embarass a good friend by firing him.

I wish Gretz would have as much empathy for the hundreds or perhaps thousands of hard working people who have been laid off in the past couple of years by Sprint and other local companies.

I have a lot more empathy for those hard working people than an Asst. football coach who makes more money than the average person would know what to do with. GR will surely land on his feet, with or without Gretz's flowery comments. I'm not so sure about people who have lost their life savings after being laid off from local companies.

I must say that is an excellent 1st post.
[Reply]
jettio 06:37 PM 01-14-2004
Never liked Gretz, but if his use of two negative words to describe a group of people leads to a 200+ post thread, that seems to indicate that people can be awful sensitive to criticism.

People who dedicate time, effort, and money for the primary purpose of criticizing somebody, need to be able to accept a little criticism directed towards them.

Seems like some folks delight in letting us know that they are willing to take the low road.

Quite Frankly, if you brag about taking the low road, no need to get all worked-up about somebody saying that you took the low road.

It is remarkable that somebody went through the trouble of starting a website with that title. If you want to do something remarkable, expect a few remarks.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 07:26 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by jettio:
Never liked Gretz, but if his use of two negative words to describe a group of people leads to a 200+ post thread, that seems to indicate that people can be awful sensitive to criticism.

People who dedicate time, effort, and money for the primary purpose of criticizing somebody, need to be able to accept a little criticism directed towards them.

Seems like some folks delight in letting us know that they are willing to take the low road.

Quite Frankly, if you brag about taking the low road, no need to get all worked-up about somebody saying that you took the low road.

It is remarkable that somebody went through the trouble of starting a website with that title. If you want to do something remarkable, expect a few remarks.
How is making a website to get a failing DC fired taking the low road?

I found it pretty remarkable that you kissed Taco John's ass so much in his departure.

People can accept criticism. But when you say someone is 'deranged' and needs professional help because they want to see a change in this team then you're going a little bit too far.

That's not "just a little criticism". That's a heavy personal attack that Gretz just flug around like it was one of his 4 chins.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:36 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by :
People can accept criticism. But when you say someone is 'deranged' and needs professional help because they want to see a change in this team then you're going a little bit too far.
Exactly. Gretz's owes Chiefs' fans an apology. In fact, his quotes should be put up on the the GR web site. How dare Gretz go off on Chiefs fans for simply trying to voice their opinions? How is saying GR should have been fired a bad thing?
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 07:40 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Exactly. Gretz's owes Chiefs' fans an apology. In fact, his quotes should be put up on the the GR web site. How dare Gretz go off on Chiefs fans for simply trying to voice their opinions? How is saying GR should have been fired a bad thing?
Go to the site. They were put up.
[Reply]
jettio 08:10 PM 01-14-2004
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
How is making a website to get a failing DC fired taking the low road?

I found it pretty remarkable that you kissed Taco John's ass so much in his departure.

That's not "just a little criticism". That's a heavy personal attack that Gretz just flug around like it was one of his 4 chins.
:-) Crack pipe down. :-)
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:19 PM 01-14-2004
Good response.

Were you ever able to get your nose removed from Taco's ass?
[Reply]
headsnap 08:20 PM 01-14-2004
the "attacks" on GR on the firegregrobinson.com site were quite a bit milder than "classless," "deranged," and "needs professional help."
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up