ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 162
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:36 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
To a degree.....this^

to put more simply:

Physical = we're going to run all over you, control the line, and swarm to ball

Finess = scheme to win

But more importantly, it's hyperbole. I'd say it applies more in the College game, where lesser teams have gone to a spread style in hopes of making up for lack of physicality and athleticism v. the bigger schools.

It can't really exist in the NFL since everyone is fairly equivalent in skill and talent (at least, the drop off is negligible for the standard NFL Players).

For example: The Tits are the model for physical football, they build everything around Henry, want to control the game, and play solid Defense.

Except, this year, they are #2 in offensive yards, tied for #1 in scoring, and can't stop anyone to save their lives, especially on 3rd down. So, are they really any more physical than anyone else....probably not....
I was addressing his question concerning defenses, so most of my comments focus on that side of the ball.

But, you raise an interesting question. I think for the Titans, on defense they are all about the scheme, because they don't have any overpowering defensive players.

But on offense, they do want to be a physical team, and to some degree they are because Henry has a lot of success running the ball, but because Henry runs the ball so well, they scheme up a lot of play action passing plays to help Tannehill be successful, which is kind of the definition of finesse.

So, do we consider the Titans a physical team, or a finesse team?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:58 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Seen a lot of them saying they think they won the draft day trade where we got Mahomes, an MVP and Super Bowl winner, because the pieces they got + later drafting Allen has finally let them win their division once.
Took Brady leaving and BB thinking he’s smarter than everyone for the Bills to even win that division. They’re much further away than they realize.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:22 AM 12-23-2020
Not related to the Steelers or Bills but interesting stat from the NFC

The Jets and Jaguars both have the same amount of wins against teams with winning records as the Packers

— Mike Renner (@PFF_Mike) December 22, 2020

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:28 AM 12-23-2020
Bengals have more.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:30 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Took Brady leaving and BB thinking he’s smarter than everyone for the Bills to even win that division. They’re much further away than they realize.
?

They're probably going 12-4.

just how far away are they?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:31 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I was addressing his question concerning defenses, so most of my comments focus on that side of the ball.

But, you raise an interesting question. I think for the Titans, on defense they are all about the scheme, because they don't have any overpowering defensive players.

But on offense, they do want to be a physical team, and to some degree they are because Henry has a lot of success running the ball, but because Henry runs the ball so well, they scheme up a lot of play action passing plays to help Tannehill be successful, which is kind of the definition of finesse.

So, do we consider the Titans a physical team, or a finesse team?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
play-action isn't finesse. It's the byproduct of being physical. Andy Reid's motion and misdirection and weird shit that confuses the fuck out of defenses is finesse.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:36 AM 12-23-2020
The Steelers are going to lose out and finish 11-5.

The Browns will take the division at 12-4.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:37 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The Steelers are going to lose out and finish 11-5.

The Browns will take the division at 12-4.
Pittsburgh magically beats the Browns. Again. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:40 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
nah.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:41 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not the same old Browns, man. It's just not.

They might run for 300 yards against Pittsburgh in that game.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:44 AM 12-23-2020
Bills have losing record against playoff teams. They are having a great year but they are in a division where Miami is one year away and the Jets, Patriots imploded.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:46 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Bills have losing record against playoff teams. They are having a great year but they are in a division where Miami is one year away and the Jets, Patriots imploded.
everybody can't be us.

doesn't mean they're not really good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 AM 12-23-2020
It's not the same old Browns, man. It's just not.

They might run for 300 yards against Pittsburgh in that game.
We'll see.

The Browns are gonna have to prove they're not the same old Browns, especially after shitting down their leg against a RB-turned-QB who just got done shitting down his leg...literally.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:49 AM 12-23-2020
everybody can't be us.

doesn't mean they're not really good.
Does really good mean they easily win their first playoff game?

Because I see a rock paper scissors scenario. If Buffalo draws Baltimore, Tennessee first they go home.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:54 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Does really good mean they easily win their first playoff game?

Because I see a rock paper scissors scenario. If Buffalo draws Baltimore, Tennessee first they go home.
I don't think we should think anyone "easily" wins a play-off game. I mean it happens sometimes but I don't think you should expect it.

I think they can beat either of those teams.

I think they're the distant second best team in the AFC.

I think the Browns are the 3rd.

But we'll see.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 162
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153 > Last »
Up