ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2476 of 4840
« First < 1476197623762426246624722473247424752476 247724782479248024862526257629763476 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:54 PM 05-01-2020
With the Donks declining the Garrett Bolles 5th year option today, let's rewind back to Draft Day 2017 to see what Knowmo had to say about the Bolles selection!

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Didn't want a tackle but with McCaffery, Allen, and Howard off the board I guess I'll take it.

At least Denver got to pick the guy they wanted at LT without having to trade up.

The OL could be one of the 5 best in the league next year if Bolles works out.

:-)
When Ryan Clady was a rookie they called him sweet feet too...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...les?id=2558014

[Reply]
RealSNR 03:58 PM 05-01-2020
Before the draft started, Knowmo was feeling very confident that night.

Dorsey hopes and prays his guys fall to him. Elway goes up and gets them.
If he only knew that hours from the time he posted this, Dorsey would be the one to move up for the league's best QB for the foreseeable future, and Elway would be the one to stand pat for a half-retarded offensive lineman in his mid-20s
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:04 PM 05-01-2020
Knowmo, this guy had a Wonderlic score of 9 at a position that kind of requires you're at least not a total retard.

But please tell us about how he scored high in protective instincts, Sandra Bullock
[Reply]
staylor26 04:05 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Knowmo, this guy had a Wonderlic score of 9 at a position that kind of requires you're at least not a total retard.

But please tell us about how he scored high in protective instincts, Sandra Bullock
What’s funny is Jeudy also had an extremely low Wonderlic, so Elway clearly doesn’t value smarts whatsoever.
[Reply]
Jethopper 04:22 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What’s funny is Jeudy also had an extremely low Wonderlic, so Elway clearly doesn’t value smarts whatsoever.
Yep, He knows his audience well.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:21 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Lock < Mahomes

Fant < Kelce

Jeudy < Cheetah

Sutton < Watkins

Hamler < Hardman

Not a great formula for the Broncos. There will be some entertaining games in the next few years for sure though.
I'm a Chiefs fan, but I have to be real and say that Courtland Sutton is better than Watkins. Maybe not by a lot, but by a decent margin.

I think Sutton would destroy in our offense. Other than Von Miller, he is the player on the Broncos that I wish was on our team.

Watkins is great in his role within our offense, but Sutton is better.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:31 PM 05-01-2020
With the Donks declining the Garrett Bolles 5th year option today, let's rewind back to Draft Day 2017 to see what Knowmo had to say about the Bolles selection!
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:34 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I'm a Chiefs fan, but I have to be real and say that Courtland Sutton is better than Watson. Maybe not by a lot, but by a decent margin.

I think Sutton would destroy in our offense. Other than Von Miller, he is the player on the Broncos that I wish was on our team.

Watson is great in his role within our offense, but Sutton is better.

...?

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:37 PM 05-01-2020
...?

Thank you. I fixed it. Swyping without my glasses on sometimes causes autocorrect to make me look foolish.

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:37 AM 05-02-2020
Not sure what type of emphasis to put on that test...

Marino scored a 15. Johnny Football scored a 32, supposedly.
Reggie Wayne scored 13. Frank Gore scored a 6. Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:48 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Not sure what type of emphasis to put on that test...

Marino scored a 15. Johnny Football scored a 32, supposedly.
Reggie Wayne scored 13. Frank Gore scored a 6. Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48.
Funny because we had this conversation when I tried to tell you Broncos fans on CP that Paxton Lynch was too stupid.

There are always outliers, but you won’t find many under a 10. Just look at your list.

It matters for some positions more than others (QB), but it’s definitely part of the overall picture in terms of evaluating a prospect. There’s a reason they still do it, despite everybody on the outside thinking it’s silly.

For the record, I don’t think Jeudy is going to bust because of it or anything, but in an offseason like this one, it could be an issue in terms of learning the offense and making an immediate impact.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:21 AM 05-02-2020
Funny because we had this conversation when I tried to tell you Broncos fans on CP that Paxton Lynch was too stupid.

There are always outliers, but you won’t find many under a 10. Just look at your list.

It matters for some positions more than others (QB), but it’s definitely part of the overall picture in terms of evaluating a prospect. There’s a reason they still do it, despite everybody on the outside thinking it’s silly.

For the record, I don’t think Jeudy is going to bust because of it or anything, but in an offseason like this one, it could be an issue in terms of learning the offense and making an immediate impact.
Sure, there's a reason they still do it - much like other tests in various fields. Wonder what the breakdown is on high scores failing vs low scores failing? I mean, would you rate Fitzpatrick as a raging success?

Nate Stanley scored 40 while Tua scored 13.

https://iqtestprep.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:33 AM 05-02-2020
You do realize that in the 4 wins that Lock had...it was against teams with a 25-38-1 record?

He threw for 134 in the victory over the Chargers (4.8 YPA), 177 against the Raiders and 192 against the 3-11-1 Lions?

He did top 200 yards against KC (208) but took 40 attempts....18-40.

In 4 out of 5 games...he averaged 5.5 yards per attempt....177 yards.

The more you know....

He did beat the Texans...the same team that KC put up 51 points in 3 quarters.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:39 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Both of those QBs have terrible records against good teams...

It's also worth noting..teams had no real scouting/analytic reports on Lock. Once DCs get a read on tendencies...it gets a lot tougher.

Did you know Matt Stafford's record against winning teams is 9-54...Cousins is 5-24? Yikes...

If I were the GM of Detroit...and had that large of sample-size...I would have moved him this off-season and drafted Tua. Dude's never going to be a winner....I dont care how many yards he throws for..
I’ve compared Lock to Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr. I think he’s a mix of the two.

He can put up stats with talent around him and look better than perceived, but folds under pressure.

Every time I watch this kid he struggles when there is even a slight amount of pressure, which still makes me laugh because they had extra picks in one of the deepest OT classes in years and passed on the following players:

Josh Jones
Ezra Cleveland
Lucas Niang
Matt Peart
Ben Bartch
Saadihq Charles

They are relying on Mongo and Wilkinson, the guy we embarrassed when we faced Lock.

Bold strategy El Fraud
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:54 AM 05-02-2020
I would rate their AFC starting QB situation as 4th worst in the conference...ahead of Jacksonville, NE and Oakland (Carr)...and even that its debatable.
[Reply]
Page 2476 of 4840
« First < 1476197623762426246624722473247424752476 247724782479248024862526257629763476 > Last »
Up