ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 341
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:35 AM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
KSG runs around seven bills if you’re patient. That’s what I paid for one a few years ago.

I carry a S&W 2.0 in 9mm on duty. I had a Glock prior. That S&W is by far my favorite pistol I’ve ever owned. The trigger is beast and feels great in my hand. Some don’t like the rough textured grip though. I love it.

If I loved modern firearms I’d own the 2.0 in 4” as well.

I think that’s the first time I have ever heard something nice about a s&w trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 12:00 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
G19 is a fine handgun, although some dont like the ergonomics and claim they are boring.

I have a g26 which is a subcompact version of the 19. I like it a lot.
Before I got my 19, I was pretty much set on getting a CZ P10C. Looks better, cooler, etc. than the Glock, and I have a couple of CZs that I really like. I wasn't even considering the 19. But if you watch videos reviewing the comparable sized pistols, every one of them compares the subject pistol to the 19. That should tell you something. Then I asked my gunsmith, who is also a grand master shooter, if I should get the CZ, and he said to get the Glock that I eventually bought (Gen 5 with night sights). It's pretty much the gold standard for that type of gun. One thing I've finally learned to do is listen to people who know far more than me. Getting a Glock isn't my advice; it's his.

And the Gen 5 does feel better in my hand than the older models, so I really can't even complain about that.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:10 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Before I got my 19, I was pretty much set on getting a CZ P10C. Looks better, cooler, etc. than the Glock, and I have a couple of CZs that I really like. I wasn't even considering the 19. But if you watch videos reviewing the comparable sized pistols, every one of them compares the subject pistol to the 19. That should tell you something. Then I asked my gunsmith, who is also a grand master shooter, if I should get the CZ, and he said to get the Glock that I eventually bought (Gen 5 with night sights). It's pretty much the gold standard for that type of gun. One thing I've finally learned to do is listen to people who know far more than me. Getting a Glock isn't my advice; it's his.

And the Gen 5 does feel better in my hand than the older models, so I really can't even complain about that.
I've got nothing against glock as a whole, i think they are damn fine guns especially for their price. But i will admit the long slide versions are a bit goofy looking. I have a Vp9 for a full frame polymer handgun which i love, but i wouldn't mind a g19 in my collection.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:31 PM 11-24-2018
I've got nothing against glock as a whole, i think they are damn fine guns especially for their price. But i will admit the long slide versions are a bit goofy looking. I have a Vp9 for a full frame polymer handgun which i love, but i wouldn't mind a g19 in my collection.
Definitely not the sexy pick. But that's not what it's for.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:32 PM 11-24-2018
Anyone familiar with this 80% lower AR-15 stuff? I don't want to get my dog shot by the ATF.
[Reply]
notorious 01:30 PM 11-24-2018
The VP9 is 10x better.

It's just my opinion, but I've shot hundreds if not thousands of rounds through both. Not even comparable.

Hell, I find myself pulling out the VP more than my SW 1911 anymore.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:24 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I think that’s the first time I have ever heard something nice about a s&w trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s surprising. A large majority at my department mention how nice the trigger is.
[Reply]
notorious 02:33 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
That’s surprising. A large majority at my department mention how nice the trigger is.
My SW 1911 trigger is silky.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:08 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I’m with frazod. Nothing beats the simplicity of a common glock handgun. It’s a reliable, straight shooter with no extra controls to get in the way. (No external safety, decocker, or hammer.)

Shoot - I will never argue against a Glock - hell, you can't. But I don't like them.... I have never been able to develop a "feel" for Glock. Good guns? You bet, but not for me.

For me? It's Sigs. I have had a long standing love affair with both Sigs and Springfield pistols.

If I'm not using my 1911 - then it's my Sig P220. If I'm in the mood for 9mm - It's the P226 or the SP2022. Love them both.

Next up on the "to buy" list? The P320 Compact..... I'm hopeless.... :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 03:23 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Shoot - I will never argue against a Glock - hell, you can't. But I don't like them.... I have never been able to develop a "feel" for Glock. Good guns? You bet, but not for me.

For me? It's Sigs. I have had a long standing love affair with both Sigs and Springfield pistols.

If I'm not using my 1911 - then it's my Sig P220. If I'm in the mood for 9mm - It's the P226 or the SP2022. Love them both.

I felt the same way until the Gen 5. It fits my hand far better than the previous generations.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:01 PM 11-24-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:

Shot a Walther? Not that they aren't all really good, they are, but I believe the Walther just fits my hand like a glove.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:09 AM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Shot a Walther? Not that they aren't all really good, they are, but I believe the Walther just fits my hand like a glove.

Yep.....My Wife carries a PPK. I've always liked the "feel" of the smaller pistol and, with the right ammo, is most definitely a good self-defense pistol.

Just ask 007 :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:00 AM 11-25-2018
Appreciate all the feedback, fellas. Being a n00b shooter, and after a little more research, I think I'm going to look at the Glock 19. I'm interested in the Gen 4 for the larger mag, but I'll fire it and the Gen 5 just to see which I feel more comfortable with. Thanks again, and maybe I'll start having more of a presence in this thread. You guys all seem to be serious about it and know your shit.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:02 AM 11-25-2018
Taurus Judge is a meme gun.

Also, 9mm is fine
Now I have a picture of the South Park skier meme in my mind saying "If you have a Taurus Judge as a home defense weapon, you're going to have a bad time", lol.
[Reply]
bigjosh 10:08 AM 11-25-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Appreciate all the feedback, fellas. Being a n00b shooter, and after a little more research, I think I'm going to look at the Glock 19. I'm interested in the Gen 4 for the larger mag, but I'll fire it and the Gen 5 just to see which I feel more comfortable with. Thanks again, and maybe I'll start having more of a presence in this thread. You guys all seem to be serious about it and know your shit.

All glock 19 are 15 rounds standard capacity. The gen 3 and 4 have finger grooves, the gen 5 has a smooth grip. The trigger is completely different in a gen 5, as they went back to a 2 pin setup. Any higher capacity glock 9mm mags fit in a 19. I use 17rd mags and have a couple 33rds just because I can. Don’t believe what everyone is saying about glocks being boring and basic. There are tons of parts and accessories to murder it out with. The aftermarket is huge for g19.

[Reply]
Page 134 of 341
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144184234 > Last »
Up