ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 642 of 3903
« First < 142542592632638639640641642 64364464564665269274211421642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 09:15 PM 03-22-2020

Some of Italian nurses & doctors after long hours of work in intensive care. ❤️���� pic.twitter.com/YAG9oVcgrq

— Travelito (@Travelito24) March 22, 2020

True heroes.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:16 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Pete is pretty awful for the most part and seems like the type that is always right and never admits he's wrong.
Yeah, I never admit when I am wrong.....:-)
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:16 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No, and no one has been directed by our system to do so. Patient facing staff are required to take their temp before they leave for work and after they return every day. That has been the extent of it thus far.
Seemed like you’d have a fever or cough before you’d get anywhere near having to worry about lung function. Thanks for sharing that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:19 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Actually it seems no one who is involved on the medical side really needs testing. Docs are moving forward assuming if the symptoms are there, treat them as an active case. Testing wont change treatment or how we deal with patients.....testing and all of the hand wringing over tests needs to be set aside and deal with the people.

How many tests would you be pleased with? If you had enough tests to make you happy would we have fewer people infected? And would the rate of expansion decrease if you had more tests?

I am pretty sure they test for influenza the very first thing and then if that is negative then they suspect Covid-19 probably.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:20 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Seemed like you’d have a fever or cough before you’d get anywhere near having to worry about lung function. Thanks for sharing that.
The loss of lung function is caused by pneumonia. So yeah, I would think you would see other symptoms first. But for people who are at risk that could be a very short time between say an onset of fever and small cough to having trouble breathing.

As DR. FAUCI HAS SAID, most people who get this will have mild symptoms.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:22 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am pretty sure they test for influenza the very first thing and then if that is negative then they suspect Covid-19 probably.
That has been my understanding as well. As far as I have heard they are not just testing you for Covid-19 and nothing else. And that would make sense. If they diagnose you with the flu they save a test and PPE gear. You may still need to be hospitalized though, of course.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:25 PM 03-22-2020
That has been my understanding as well. As far as I have heard they are not just testing you for Covid-19 and nothing else. And that would make sense. If they diagnose you with the flu they save a test and PPE gear. You may still need to be hospitalized though, of course.
Still would need the PPE for influenza.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:26 PM 03-22-2020
LOL. Love that bit!
[Reply]
petegz28 09:28 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Still would need the PPE for influenza.
Fair point.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:31 PM 03-22-2020
I get you have a bit of a doomsday take on it but so far a lot of your math isn't showing up. I hope it doesn't either for all of ours sake.

Our death rate if you will has been trending lower and lower. Granted that is helped by increasing numbers in total cases but still, it's better that it goes down than up.

We were supposed to be Italy by this time. Now those same people are saying it's going to take another 2 weeks and THEN we will be Italy. Even though they said 2 weeks ago we would be there by now.

Let's just hope you're wrong.
Again, I think you’re applying current infected and death rates when the time it takes for an infection to become serious/critical and lead to death is anywhere from a few days to two weeks or more. That’s why getting the overall infected numbers and rate of infection down now will keep the critical/death number down in 1-2 weeks.

And it technically isn’t “my” number with respect to the percentage that require hospitalization or ventilators. It’s what the government and WHO are saying. But I agree with you, let’s hope they’re wrong.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:33 PM 03-22-2020
I never said I was Dr Fauci. So once again all you want to do is flip shit my way. I am very, very aware of what he and other medical professionals are saying, contrary to what you may think.

And you're being a dick, as usual.
You're entitled to your opinion. Don't get mad because someone is merely repeating what medical experts who know more than yourself have said. I'm merely pointing out the fact that if we don't practice social distance this virus' peak would be a hell of a lot worse than if we didn't. Who knows how bad it would be but it's pretty obvious our healthcare system wouldn't be able to handle it and a lot of people would die who didn't have to.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:35 PM 03-22-2020
Canada and Australia pull out of 2020 Olympics. Feels a tad premature but I bet it starts a chain reaction.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:36 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You're entitled to your opinion. Don't get mad because someone is merely repeating what medical experts who know more than yourself have said. I'm merely pointing out the fact that if we don't practice social distance this virus' peak would be a hell of a lot worse than if we didn't. Who knows how bad it would be but it's pretty obvious our healthcare system wouldn't be able to handle it and a lot of people would die who didn't have to.
No, you don't merely repeat what experts say. You toss in a butt load of backhanded comments with it and then act like you aren't.

Don't get mad because I am not pretending you do otherwise.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:36 PM 03-22-2020
As DR. FAUCI HAS SAID, most people who get this will have mild symptoms.
He also said in one interview that Pneumonia is included in the mild symptoms and Pneumonia is not actually mild.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:39 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
He also said in one interview that Pneumonia is included in the mild symptoms and Pneumonia is not actually mild.
This is true.

If you don’t get hospitalized you’re “mild.”
[Reply]
Page 642 of 3903
« First < 142542592632638639640641642 64364464564665269274211421642 > Last »
Up