ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1242 of 3903
« First < 24274211421192123212381239124012411242 124312441245124612521292134217422242 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hes saying there isnt enough data. Fine. What about the ICU doctors who have said it's not helping their sickest patients? I'll trust those folks over the calvary of posters on a message board who said this thing was the flu and only parrot what a certain politician said. Those people have continously proven themselves wrong in this thread.
Read the studies?

It's been addressed and acknowledged. For the sickest patients it appears that administration has come after the cytokine storm and this does nothing to alleviate THOSE problems. By the time that's taken place, there's little in the way of promising therapeutic options right now.

But the positive developments are coming in those that are treated earlier.

I suggest you not 'trust' what any single source says because right now it sure sounds like you're operating from about 30% of the knowledge needed to offer even a nominally informed opinion.

Now there's not a clear answer out there, but there's enough information to suggest that you should be a damn sight more open-minded about the possibilities than you are.

I still say there's a 60/40 shot at best that this thing becomes a 'go to' treatment protocol and that even if it does, it would only reach peak effectiveness if we have large-scale testing that allows it to be used earlier enough to be most efficient and effective.

But shit man, you sure do pick and choose when/how you're willing to slam the door on an argument based on incomplete information.
[Reply]
eDave 04-08-2020, 03:22 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
SupDock 03:23 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
WTF is wrong with you people? :-)

I said except for where it worked it doesn't work.

Get the fuck out of here with this shit.

You lack the ability to critically analyze information. That makes it really frustrating to debate with you.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:23 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That video you posted is inherently political. Did you even watch it?
Yes I posted it for the politics. That was sooooooo evident
[Reply]
petegz28 03:24 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
You lack the ability to critically analyze information. That makes it really frustrating to debate with you.
You mean I am not saying what you want to hear and you don't like it. Do you have proof this didn't work with the people who claim it worked for them?
[Reply]
limested 03:24 PM 04-08-2020
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-care-in-study
[Reply]
Donger 03:24 PM 04-08-2020
No, you asked me to validate an assumption. You did not ask me a question. A question would have been "do you think they should give this drug to people?".

An assumption is what you said.
Did you see the "correct" part? Asking you to validate or repudiate an assumption IS a question, pete.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:25 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Yes, welcome to Donger 3 weeks ago.....
[Reply]
eDave 03:25 PM 04-08-2020
Your politics prompted your post. Scientific data is all that matters here. Get with the program or get out of the way.
[Reply]
Donger 03:25 PM 04-08-2020
I don't know if you did or didn't. But it is political. All you have to do is listen to Carlson's intro.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:25 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Did you see the "correct" part? Asking you to validate or repudiate an assumption IS a question, pete.
Yes, that is what made your question and assumption. No it ins't. It's you making an asinine assumption to try and play your typical bullshit games.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:25 PM 04-08-2020
Hes saying there isnt enough data. Fine. What about the ICU doctors who have said it's not helping their sickest patients? I'll trust those folks over the calvary of posters on a message board who said this thing was the flu and only parrot what a certain politician said. Those people have continously proven themselves wrong in this thread.

"No miraculous recovery": Some ICU doctors say hydroxychloroquine isn't helping the sickest patients https://t.co/qs5WiA3ZdN

— NBC News (@NBCNews) April 8, 2020

:-) it wasnt an NBC piece where I read it at. I see where you are going with this and all the nutty shit you've posted . Keep it to DC please.
ok?

From the Piece you CLEARLY referenced (To be fair you might have read it on another site)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:26 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Feel free to not take a drug that is safe, and cheap. By all means, all the Doctors and Governments buying the drug must be doing it on a hunch.

Nah you got it, I mean the 2005 Study of the drug for SARS showed it to be very good for preventative measures to that virus.

But nah dismiss it,
It's not safe for everyone, moron and there's been absolutely ZERO confirmed proof by a peer reviewed study that states otherwise.

And stop with this shit. Your ass should have been booted a LONG time ago but for some reason, the Mods either don't understand your coded posts or just don't care.

But stop with the conspiracy fucking horseshit.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 03:26 PM 04-08-2020
Isn’t use of hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 supported by the first rule of medicine: what do you have to lose?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:27 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Yeah you can shove that Chinese study up your ass
[Reply]
SupDock 03:27 PM 04-08-2020
You mean I am not saying what you want to hear and you don't like it. Do you have proof this didn't work with the people who claim it worked for them?
I dont need to prove something didn't work when there is not evidence that it did work. That's not how the burden of proof works here

I am hopeful it will prove effective, but there isn't nearly enough evidence at this point.

There are plenty of people taking supplements that don't do anything, and are claiming they are miracle drugs.
[Reply]
Page 1242 of 3903
« First < 24274211421192123212381239124012411242 124312441245124612521292134217422242 > Last »
Up