ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1152 of 3903
« First < 15265210521102114211481149115011511152 115311541155115611621202125216522152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:54 AM 04-06-2020
Every projection model I have seen today has reduced their projected Cases/Deaths totals pretty dramatically...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:56 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Masters in November which is gonna be super weird lol...
I don't know how some of you watch golf. So boring
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:57 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Really? Were you alive for 9/11? Remember how the public reacted? You are seriously underestimating the American public's "fear" portion on how we get out of this mess.

The chance of getting killed in a terrorist attack was so minuscule but they still stayed at home. Since 9/11, foreign-born terrorists have killed roughly one American per year.

Someone can look it up but the chance of getting coronavirus and dying is a helluva lot higher than one person per year.
Yes, I do.

"After 9/11, domestic flights were grounded for three days, but the effects from fear and speculation lasted much longer and eventually led to a period of bankruptcies, bailouts, layoffs, mergers and acquisitions for the airline industry."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...industry%3famp
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:58 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Every projection model I have seen today has reduced their projected Cases/Deaths totals pretty dramatically...
Yeah,
extreme dramatic reduction, but that might be because social distancing is working.

NY is supposed to peak in 2 days. We will see, but recovered is now out pacing deaths. Need that trend to accelerate
[Reply]
Pablo 10:00 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I don't know how some of you watch golf. So boring
We just pretend its Spurs basketball or an Alex Smith led offense.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:00 AM 04-06-2020
If your not following Scott Gottlieb you need to

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:11 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
We just pretend its Spurs basketball or an Alex Smith led offense.
:-)

To each their own. I ain't mad at ya duck boy.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It's not misleading. Coronaviruses have been around a long time.
Originally Posted by Pants:
There is such a thing. Coronavirus is a type of a virus (Coronaviridae family). There are a myriad of Coronaviruses. This particular one is SARS-CoV-2.
If you cut out the semantics, though, you would understand what I’m trying to say. The fact is no one knows what this Covid-19 strain is capable of. Not even Fauci which he has admitted time and time again but not many people like to highlight those talking points. The doomsday predictions with huge numbers make much better charts and news ratings, though.

Im sure it makes it better for a lot of people to think they’re saving hundreds of thousands of lives sitting at home on their couches, but there are also millions more out there with anxiety issues that now have to look at the constant doomsday predictions and try to figure out how to increase there Xanax dosages in a stressful time like this. There’s truly no way to know what any other dimension on the timeline would have looked like because this is the first time any of us in the world are dealing with Covid-19.

Lots of experts in this thread. Some of you have some very good information and I’m not trying to argue against social distancing or any of the measures we have or haven’t taken. I’m just trying to remind some of you experts that it’s a virus and it’s the universe. Go smoke a joint or pour a drink and listen to “Let it be“ and remember we’re doing the best we can.

***disclaimer:this long rant brought to you by an essential traveler that is tired of getting looked at like some sort of serial killer on the loose***
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:14 AM 04-06-2020
Hey some good news

[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Hey some good news

These numbers keep changing so much it's really hard to know what to believe or trust.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:22 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
If you cut out the semantics, though, you would understand what I’m trying to say. The fact is no one knows what this Covid-19 strain is capable of. Not even Fauci which he has admitted time and time again but not many people like to highlight those talking points. The doomsday predictions with huge numbers make much better charts and news ratings, though.

Im sure it makes it better for a lot of people to think they’re saving hundreds of thousands of lives sitting at home on their couches, but there are also millions more out there with anxiety issues that now have to look at the constant doomsday predictions and try to figure out how to increase there Xanax dosages in a stressful time like this. There’s truly no way to know what any other dimension on the timeline would have looked like because this is the first time any of us in the world are dealing with Covid-19.

Lots of experts in this thread. Some of you have some very good information and I’m not trying to argue against social distancing or any of the measures we have or haven’t taken. I’m just trying to remind some of you experts that it’s a virus and it’s the universe. Go smoke a joint or pour a drink and listen to “Let it be“ and remember we’re doing the best we can.

***disclaimer:this long rant brought to you by an essential traveler that is tired of getting looked at like some sort of serial killer on the loose***
I just how the medical world operates the odds of dying during a minor surgical procedure is pretty low but they still have to mentions all possible complications, not because the surgeon is all doom and gloom and is trying to get more ratings.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:25 AM 04-06-2020
Doctors and medical expert don't mind being wrong and in certain cases prefer it , when the tumor comes back negative for cancer they are pretty happy they were wrong.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:25 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I just how the medical world operates the odds of dying during a minor surgical procedure is pretty low but they still have to mentions all possible complications, not because the surgeon is all doom and gloom and is trying to get more ratings.
And it’s wonderful to mention them. It’s when you start charging us all for the possible complications that a lot of people would have an issue with it. Case in point...
[Reply]
Ghost of Maslowski 10:28 AM 04-06-2020
University of Texas: Probability of current COVID-19 outbreaks in all US counties
[Reply]
Monticore 10:29 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
And it’s wonderful to mention them. It’s when you start charging us all for the possible complications that a lot of people would have an issue with it. Case in point...
If you don't mention them to people they might not adhere to the treatment.
[Reply]
Page 1152 of 3903
« First < 15265210521102114211481149115011511152 115311541155115611621202125216522152 > Last »
Up