ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Hall of Classics>Starting the Season off with a Bang - Literally
Frazod 08:15 AM 09-11-2005
OMFG - after staying up until 4:00 a.m. farting around on the computer, I was rudely awakened by the burglar alarm about ten minutes ago. Grabbed the .38 and charged downstairs to find the door to the garage slightly ajar. Cocked the .38, pulled the door open. Nothing there.

My wife hadn't checked to make sure the door was closed when she activated the alarm, and one of the cats had pawed the door open. It's happened before. :-)

Unfortunately, what hadn't happened before is me, tired and freaked out, having my thumb slip off the hammer of the .38 when I was trying to uncock it. Just shot a f#cking hole through the wall in the hallway which exited through the pantry door onto the kitchen floor. :-)

Shit.

:-)

So I've had four hours of sleep, my ears are still ringing from the alarm and the gunshot, I just shot up my own f#cking house, and no way am I going to be able to go back to sleep now.

Sure hope my day improves with a Chiefs victory.

That is all.

[Reply]
Simplex3 08:34 AM 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by frazod:
She's actually pretty pissed at me right now for shooting up the kitchen. :-)
WTF? It's not like you shot the refrigerator.

Besides, if she hadn't left the f**king door open would you have been running around the house with a loaded gun? NO. This s**t is her fault if you really think about it.
[Reply]
Braincase 08:35 AM 09-11-2005
Did you play basketball for Mizzou a while back?
[Reply]
R&GHomer 08:36 AM 09-11-2005
I'm glad your house is the only thing with holes in it this morning.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:36 AM 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by cheeeefs:
you need to take a weapons safety course if you plan on running around like a bandit with a loaded gun. jesus man, a gun should never accidently go off.
Ah, Mr. Perfect chimes in. It's always nice to hear from you. I suppose you're at your best on four hours of sleep with a piercing alarm ringing in your ear, right?

It was a mistake, and I'll learn from it. It was also the first time in my life I ever accidently discharged a firearm. And the bullet did not endanger anyone else, since I had the weapon pointed down at the time, because I do know gun safety.
[Reply]
Dr. Chief 08:39 AM 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by Braincase:
Did you play basketball for Mizzou a while back?
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 08:41 AM 09-11-2005
Cheeefs,
That's why you always control your muzzle. To say it should never happen is dumb. I've handled guns my entire life. It's happened to me once. today was Fraz's turn. Be happy that it was pointed in a safe direction and noone was hurt. Ohh and don't be a dick.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:46 AM 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You have a panty door? Hm, what happens in there?
maybe it was a panty drawer he shot through?
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:52 AM 09-11-2005
I'm sorry but as a lifelong gun owner, I have to disagree. Accidental discharges are %100 preventable. That said, it is worth noting that fraz did have the gun pointed down. It's all about following proper procedures, and making sure the equipment works. Cheefs, quit bein' a dick.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 08:58 AM 09-11-2005
Ever drop a plate or hit your thumb whith a hammer. 100% preventable but it still happens. A gun is a tool treat it with respect and use proper procedures so if an accident happens everyone is safe. I've had one accidental discharge in 25 years, but i'm not so arrogant to think it'll never happen. That is why we use proper gun safety, for when things go wrong.
[Reply]
Scorp 09:01 AM 09-11-2005
What would have really sucked is if you shot a hole in your foot. Can you imagine? You would feel pretty stupid for a long time. Envision this conversation:

Wow what happened to you man?
Ummm I got shot in the foot.
Oh my God, were you mugged?
No
Were you in Iraq?
No
Were you attacked by looting New Orleanians?
I shot myself in the focking foot, OK Mr. Enquirer!

See........It could be worse. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:01 AM 09-11-2005
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
I'm sorry but as a lifelong gun owner, I have to disagree. Accidental discharges are %100 preventable. That said, it is worth noting that fraz did have the gun pointed down. It's all about following proper procedures, and making sure the equipment works. Cheefs, quit bein' a dick.
That's a fair assessment, and I agree. As I said, it was a learning experience, and those are almost always mistakes. At least the damage is easily fixable with a little putty and some paint.

In hindsight, I should have grabbed the Glock instead (no hammer to deal with, and this wouldn't have happened). Just happened to grab the .38. I think in the future I'll move the .38 to the back of the drawer and keep the Glock in front.
[Reply]
Boise_Chief 09:02 AM 09-11-2005
heh he might have got some pity lovin, now he's in the dog house and cut off for about a week.
[Reply]
ExtremeChief 09:25 AM 09-11-2005
Way to go, Martha.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 09:33 AM 09-11-2005
Guns don't shoot houses, people do! :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:34 AM 09-11-2005
Frazod is so gangsta not even the pantry is safe from being blasted
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >