ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 163
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:32 PM 11-14-2018
https://nationaldeeralliance.com/pre...ith-your-phone

Probably far too much information here, but it's a start!

I've never hunted near the Deadwood area. Hunted near Belle Fourche when i was younger. Some good dear in the area. That damn EHD destroyed our whitetail populations on the Eastern half. Took out about 90% of our deer from 2012-2017. They do however look to be rebounding finally.
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:23 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
https://nationaldeeralliance.com/pre...ith-your-phone

Probably far too much information here, but it's a start!

I've never hunted near the Deadwood area. Hunted near Belle Fourche when i was younger. Some good dear in the area. That damn EHD destroyed our whitetail populations on the Eastern half. Took out about 90% of our deer from 2012-2017. They do however look to be rebounding finally.
I love the whole area up around the black hills. Its one of my favorite places. I enjoyed the hunt up there. It was my first hunt and it was with a bow. (easier to get a tag) However it is a difficult way to begin hunting.

Yep we did everything wrong for those pics. We did wait until the next day but it was damn cold that night and the deer was getting a little stiff. The guides took all the pics. Put a few on their facebook page. I just looked at those and they look a little better.
Attached: First buck.jpg (169.1 KB) Tony and I with Buck.jpg (222.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:30 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I love the whole area up around the black hills. Its one of my favorite places. I enjoyed the hunt up there. It was my first hunt and it was with a bow. (easier to get a tag) However it is a difficult way to begin hunting.

Yep we did everything wrong for those pics. We did wait until the next day but it was damn cold that night and the deer was getting a little stiff. The guides took all the pics. Put a few on their facebook page. I just looked at those and they look a little better.
I passed up a much younger 4x2 that had the same frame as that. Maybe 2 weeks ago. Pretty funny now that i got to looking at yours. I have video. I'll have to see how i can get that posted on here.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 09:25 PM 11-14-2018
Last year I hunted up near Deadwood. This year was Northern MO. on a farm in Greencastle. The guys I hunted with took all the pictures. Now that you mention it I didn't I actually take any.
I grew up running around in Green Castle, went to school in Green City. Hunted all over those hills.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:39 PM 11-14-2018
That's awsome! Thanks for the accolades. It was my second hunt. I bow hunted last year up in South Dakota and went home empty handed. I didn't want that to happen again! Thy guys I hunted with this week were awsome and were very happy for me to get my first.
Hunters are like hockey players (IMO), it's an art/skill/past-time that you enjoy sharing. It's carnal at some level, a life lesson at another, and something anybody who eats meat should try at least once. I've never, EVER, expected anybody I've introduced to hunting to come fall in love with it, it's not for everybody, but it's a life lesson. My older son couldn't give two shits about sitting in the cold to shoot bambi when every grocery story has rib-eye in the meat department, but he tried it, "survived" it (as he says), and will always appreciate it. As I found out a couple of weeks ago, my younger son loves to hunt, appreciates the ethics behind the hunt, the kill, the harvest, and butchering process.

It's all good friend, enjoy the never-ending learning process called hunting. Like fishing, there's always something more you need to buy, it's the scope's problem, and you're doing it right if you're hearing stories...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:40 PM 11-14-2018

Wow, you got some neck meat waiting for you there!
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:00 AM 11-15-2018
Seems like the injured/sick deer are more commonplace.

Already put down a seemingly healthy buck that was doing the trademark walking in a circle, large pocket of pus coming from the antler base (brain abscess).

In Kansas we have to worry about CWD (and EHD), but the injury deaths are also an issue.
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:44 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by mac459:
I grew up running around in Green Castle, went to school in Green City. Hunted all over those hills.
We actually stayed in Cincinnati Iowa and drove down to the leased farm everyday. I had never been up in that neck of the woods.
[Reply]
srvy 09:08 AM 11-15-2018
Thought I would share my first deer with the Planet. Shot on Monday up in Northern Missouri
Congratulations on the first Deer wow many go a lifetime for a buck like that. It can be a curse because now the expectation is to top that :-). CP will be watching and keeping track.

You started hunting the hard way with a bow. Dont give it up the true art of the chase is to take a deer with bow and arrow. When you can trick that magnificent beast into bow range then stick him through the heart you have mastered the art.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:25 AM 11-15-2018
What's up fellas? Hope everyone's season is going well. shot my first bow buck after the Browns game. Being a rifle/muzzle loader hunter my whole life, let me tell you I'm a bow hunter now. Such a rush. Shot a decent 10 that would have been better in a year or so but still a nice buck for north east oklahoma. All I think about at night is releasing that arrow now!

[Reply]
ptlyon 09:32 AM 11-15-2018
Love it guys! :-) Keep em coming!
[Reply]
threebag 09:35 AM 11-15-2018
Hoping to get out and hit some birds
[Reply]
srvy 10:18 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What's up fellas? Hope everyone's season is going well. shot my first bow buck after the Browns game. Being a rifle/muzzle loader hunter my whole life, let me tell you I'm a bow hunter now. Such a rush. Shot a decent 10 that would have been better in a year or so but still a nice buck for north east oklahoma. All I think about at night is releasing that arrow now!
Awesome
[Reply]
Strongside 10:19 AM 11-15-2018
Can we talk about how crazy it is that this thread is 15 years old?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:18 PM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Nice. Love the pics man. Good times with the kids....
[Reply]
Page 141 of 163
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Up