ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hobbies....what's yours?
Lprechaun 06:37 PM 11-14-2018
Other than hitting F5 on CP what do you do to pass the time?
My music days are few and far between now and I've found myself clamoring for a hobby.
I started leather working and have had fun making out of the norm stuff that everyone does in belts and wallets.
Made some armor for the recent excuse to drink a lot from a horn and look at wenches.
[Reply]
notorious 08:44 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
wood working or shooting?
Woodworking/wood floors.

There’s no money in shooting/guns unless it’s a side gig.
[Reply]
srvy 08:44 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
Drawing is my favorite hobby because its the only hobby I have that nets me something every time I do it.

Lately I have been recreating ink drawings that were done by Frank Frazetta.

in my own artwork, I like to draw on a very small scale and then enlarge the drawing with a photo/scan. for example, this pic is about 220% of actual size. the largest figure in the drawing would almost fit on a quarter.

actual size

enlarged.
:-) Damned good.
[Reply]
Fish 08:57 AM 11-15-2018
Squirrel breeding.
Competitive rock polishing.
Tacos.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:04 AM 11-15-2018
Fishing
Camping
Golf
Bowling
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:06 AM 11-15-2018
Judging by the posts to this point.. I have no hobbies to speak of.
[Reply]
tooge 09:06 AM 11-15-2018
I probably have too many hobbies actually. Jack of all trades, master of none type of thing. I'll list em in order of time I spend doing them.

Fishing
baseball hitting lessons
hunting
camping
hiking
working on my old jeep
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 09:07 AM 11-15-2018
My monstrously busy schedule has caused my girl to complain that I'm not spending enough quality time with her.

I actually took a break a couple days ago for about 2 or 3 minutes. I noticed it was like, 18 degrees outside.

So I started thinking to the ultimate complete limit, and then it hit me.

I got us a microwave fireplace. Sit in front of the fire all night in just 15 minutes.

Dinny
[Reply]
bobbything 09:08 AM 11-15-2018
Guitar. Did the band thing for a little while. It was such a blast. We had an interesting gimmick where about 90% of the songs we did were "Oh yeah...I remember that song" songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. Not necessarily one-hit-wonders, just the forgotten songs from various artists (like, In the Meantime by Spacehog, Breakup Song by Greg Kihn, Interstate Love Song by STP, Run by Collective Soul, Open Up Your Eyes by Tonic, Strutter by KISS).

Writing. It's weird, I love to write but don't really like to read that much. Wrote a book. Took me about 1.5 years. It was a lot of fun. Not trying to make any money off of it or anything. Just wanted to see if it could be done. Had about 50 of them printed. Hardback. Hand them out to friends who enjoy reading.

Tennis and Platform Tennis. Grew up playing competitive tennis. Played collegiately. Have way more fun now playing than I did when I was younger. It's basically just an excuse to get together, hit some balls, and pound some cheap domestic swill. Platform tennis is a winter sport that I just picked up last year. It's a cross between tennis, ping pong, and racquetball. Small tennis court, inside a cage, that you play off the walls. Lots and lots of fun.

Remodeling. The wife and I, since 2012, have bought and sold 4 different houses. We buy one that needs work, fix it up, live in it for two years, avoid capital gains, then sell it. Fun hobby that has made us a few extra $$s. Though, we barely broke even on our 2nd house.
[Reply]
tooge 09:08 AM 11-15-2018
Oh yea, forgot Golf.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:51 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
I started skateboarding out here. Haven’t skated since my early twenties (I turn 42 next month) but it didn’t take long for me to relearn how to push, balance and turn. I fell down a couple of times and got a few scratches but nothing major. I did pull my hamstring trying to push too hard. Not trying to ollie or take on any vert ramps, I just enjoy cruising on the bike paths and taking my board wherever I got. There’s a lot of smooth concrete here so there’s a lot of places to ride.

I bought a deck and setup for $100 at a local skate shop. A couple of weeks later I wanted to see if I could learn to ride one of those little 22” penny boards so I bought a knockoff at the local Chinese wal-mart for $12 and replaced the wheels and bearings for $30. The knockoff penny turned out to be a blast to ride once you figure it out. It’s fast as shit going down inclines. I feel like I’m too old to be doing this shit but most of the time when I feel like I’m losing control of the board, I just jump off.

You're probably going to get hurt (I'm frequently hurt from mountain biking), and it's not that big of a deal. HOWEVER, it takes a LOT longer to feel 100% than when you were younger. Also, things that I would have bounced up from in my younger days will have me hurting for a week afterward, now.

I still take risks and ride aggressively, but I try to manage those risks. I really can't afford, professionally or personally, to be laid up with a broken leg these days. On top of that, I don't want to have a serious injury and lose ability to workout and maintain fitness at my age.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:14 AM 11-15-2018
My hobbies include: Cycling (ride between 4000-5000 miles/yr), photography (have posted a couple of my favorite pictures on CP), drinking beer and eating BBQ, golf (even though a suck at it)
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 10:27 AM 11-15-2018
But seriously...

It might be more a compellsion than a hobby. I have ARD, so I'm not quite like the other kids. And my socks fit too loose.

I am positively fascinated with all those purty jazz guitar chords. I gave up playing drums on the reg about 3 years ago due to physical limitations.

I picked up a guitar to learn some chords. Found a tuba player that plays bass, so I had to start learning a bunch of songs. He turned me on to the music of Antonio Carlos "Tom" Jobim.

Heavens to Murgatroid!!!!

My Songlist

Girl From Ipanema
Corcovado
Agua De Beber
Desafinado
Outra Vez
My Foolish Heart
Rio De Janeiro Blue
Look To The Sky
So Danco Samba
Mas Que Nada

Satin Doll
Take 5
Flintstones Theme
I Wanna Be Seduced - Guitar & Tuba
Ain't Misbehavin' - Guitar & Tuba
Puttin' On The Ritz
Shine On Harvest Moon - Guitar & Tuba
Just A Gigolo/Got Nobody
Steppin' Out (with my baby)
Jump Jive And Wail
You Bring Out The Boogie In Me
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You
Just The Way You Are
Begin The Beguine
What A Day For A Daydream - Ukulele & Tuba
In The Summertime - Ukulele & Tuba
If You Want Me To Stay - Ukulele & Tuba
(that's correct a funk song)
Cheese And Onions - Guitar & Tuba
Banana Split For My Baby - Guitar & Tuba
Werewolves Of London
Kung Fu Fighting

The Christmas Song
Christmas Time Is Here
My Favorite Things
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year (my next one to chart)

Currently working on Christmas songs

All songs guitar and upright bass unless specified.

Dinny
[Reply]
God of Thunder 10:29 AM 11-15-2018
We collect arcade machines and fish tournaments.
[Reply]
srvy 10:42 AM 11-15-2018
I have had so many over the years that have gone the wayside.

Silhouette 3d bow shoots in the summer time with hand made osage orange longbow.

Stump shooting with above bow on farm for practice.

woodcarving mostly goes to the fireplace.

Primitive camping and hunting. By primitive I mean a tent not building lean to shelter and using barebow traditional type archery.

My favorite hobby though is dressing in a clown suit and popping out of the woods late at night scaring the bejesus out of folks.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 11-15-2018
Golf and masturbating.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up