< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bob Suttons Defense actually leads the league in sacks
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:50 PM 11-14-2018
Hard to believe

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/t...nse/sort/sacks
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:21 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
True, but we also haven’t even had both Houston and Ford healthy for the majority of the season.
Yeah true,

Here's my thing - I thought I knew where I stood on DOD and Niemann but I'm more confused as ever now, after last game. DOD did fair but had a few plays where he looked confused. Someone mentioned Niemann's lack of size (if only by 10lbs or so) a few weeks ago. I dismissed that - but I'm afraid he'll need to bulk up just a tad, he seems somewhat undersized. After last game, I think I agree with that poster who'd said that. That's not to take anything away from either of those players. Also Daniel looked lost as well for the first few plays he hit the field - I think w/ him, it's just rust. Aside from these minor complaints, I'm pretty darned happy with them, right now. That's def. subject to change, they absolutely seem inconsistent. :-)
[Reply]
Maine 08:22 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yeah true,

Here's my thing - I thought I knew where I stood on DOD and Niemann but I'm more confused as ever now, after last game. DOD did fair but had a few plays where he looked confused. Someone mentioned Niemann's lack of size (if only by 10lbs or so) a few weeks ago. I dismissed that - but I'm afraid he'll need to bulk up just a tad, he seems somewhat undersized. After last game, I think I agree with that poster who'd said that. That's not to take anything away from either of those players. Also Daniel looked lost as well for the first few plays he hit the field - I think w/ him, it's just rust. Aside from these minor complaints, I'm pretty darned happy with them, right now. That's def. subject to change, they absolutely seem inconsistent. :-)
They seem like they're really trying!
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:24 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Sutton has never been the problem
Here's my thing w/ Bob - he does very well with talent, but if he's dealt a mediocre hand - he's shitty at improvising. So 50/50 on that take, I guess.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:24 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Maine:
They seem like they're really trying!
OH YES! :-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:04 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
16th in PPG

Keep pretending it’s a bottom 5 D though ****ing moron
Playing 7 of your last 8 games against the dregs of the league will do that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:08 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Playing 7 of your last 8 games against the dregs of the league will do that.
Bullshit narrative

Cincy is 11th in scoring offense

We held Denver to their season average twice
Held Arizona to their season average
Held Cleveland and Jacksonville under their season average
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:14 PM 11-14-2018
This is surprising given our general questioning of the defense. I feel like it's a good sign somehow.
[Reply]
Maine 10:16 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is surprising given our general questioning of the defense. I feel like it's a good sign somehow.
They no longer go prevent when up 10 points and instead bring the blitz. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:17 PM 11-14-2018

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:42 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I wanna see that stat for every team. I'd say it's pretty similar for every team in the league.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:43 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by penguinz:
That missed sack had no effect on the outcome of the game.
It's like people forget that a penalty was called.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:48 PM 11-14-2018
That is hard to believe. Why does our defense still feel so soft? Hopefully we get healthy and it continues to improve.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:53 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Sutton has never been the problem
So what is the problem then?

Sutton has never been the problem.
Veach is an uber GM that was held back by that worthless POS Dorsey.
Reid is one of the best head coaches in the history of the league.

So what is the problem?

No problem at all, just a bunch of stupid fans who don't know anything?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:09 PM 11-14-2018
Fire Sob Button!!!!!!!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:25 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
So what is the problem then?

Sutton has never been the problem.
Veach is an uber GM that was held back by that worthless POS Dorsey.
Reid is one of the best head coaches in the history of the league.

So what is the problem?

No problem at all, just a bunch of stupid fans who don't know anything?
John Dorsey and injuries.

No surprise that the defense was excellent the first part of last season and then went to shit last year when Eric Berry and then Dee Ford got hurt.

Good job by Dorsey for giving a broken down Tamba a big ass contract to have 1 tackle all year. Good job by Dorsey having Frank Zombo and a completely raw unprepared rookie Tanoh Kpassagnon be our depth.
Also what a great job by Dorsey getting zero corners that worked out. Terrance Mitchell, Phillip Gaines, Kenneth Acker and our favorite pal Marcus Peters all sucked ass last year.
Also gotta hand it to Dorsey for not being to find a single competent ILB to replace an old DJ, or even play next to him.

It’s no wonder this defense sucked at the end of last season. Look at our defensive starters in the 2nd half of the Titans game when Chris Jones got hurt.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up