ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Highest over/under in 30 years
HemiEd 10:57 AM 11-13-2018
NFL Week 11 early odds: Chiefs-Rams in Mexico City gets highest over/under in at least 30 years

When the Rams and Chiefs meet in Mexico City next week, the two teams might break a record before they even step on the field.

Oddsmakers in Las Vegas are fully expecting an offensive explosion and they've set an over-under for the game that reflects that. The showdown between Kansas City and Los Angeles has opened with an over/under of 64 points, which marks just the third time this century that an NFL game has been given a total of 60 or more points.

According to ESPN.com, the over/under is also the highest total in any NFL game since at least 1986. The total might actually be the highest over/under in NFL history, but it's hard to say for sure because record-keeping as it relates to gambling was spotty during the league's earlier years.

Of course, it's easy to see why oddsmakers think that these two teams are going to light up the scoreboard at Estadio Azteca. For one, the Chiefs will be rolling into the game with the highest-scoring offense in the NFL (36.3 points per game). The Rams have been almost as impressive this season, averaging 33.2 points, which ranks third in the NFL.

MORE NFL
NFL Week 10 Grades: Unstoppable Saints get an 'A+' for blowout win, Patriots get an 'F' for loss
If you're wondering whether or not you should bet the over or the under, recent history seems to suggest that the over would be the safe bet. There have been a total of six games over the past 15 years that had an over/under of 58 points or more and five of those six games have hit on the over, according to the Pro Football Reference database. One of the games that hit on the over came earlier this year when the Patriots beat the Chiefs 43-40 in a game that had an over/under of 59.5 points.

There's still one game left for Vegas and bettors to cash in on Week 10. It's Monday Night Football between the Giants and 49ers. Sportsline's advanced computer model simulated the game 10,000 times and says one side of the spread has all the value. See which one it is.

Before this week, the honor for the highest known over/under went to a Rams-49ers game played in October 2000. Although the Rams would win the game 34-24, the two teams fell short of hitting the 63-point over/under.

With that in mind, let's check out the early odds and fascinating trends for all the other games being played in Week 11.

rest of the article here

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...east-30-years/
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:04 PM 11-13-2018
An over/under of 64 means that they think there's a 50/50 shot that the Rams will score more than 14.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:43 PM 11-14-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
An over/under of 64 means that they think there's a 50/50 shot that the Rams will score more than 14.
:-):-) You never disappoint
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 03:28 PM 11-14-2018
Chiefs 60 rams 7 from a garbage time TD
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:17 PM 11-14-2018
Rams rack up 500 yards of offense and pull a Tampa Bay Chiefs 56-3.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:27 PM 11-14-2018
His weekly blurb isn't up yet, but Prisco has-shockingly, I tell you-picked the Rams!

I feel better already. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:53 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
His weekly blurb isn't up yet, but Prisco has-shockingly, I tell you-picked the Rams!

I feel better already. :-)
Large market, Goodell will be proud of him. One of these days when the Chiefs have become a national darling due to Mahomes, we should see that change.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:58 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Rams up 54-53 (6 TD/4 FG - 5 TD/6 FG) in the final minute. Mahomes to Kelce for the win, 60-54: 114 total.

:-)
I love that script!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up