ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mexico City - What is there to do as a tourist?
wutamess 09:24 AM 11-13-2018
Headed down Thursday and I keep looking at "walking around Mexico City and the nightlife" videos on Youtube. It looks like the Plaza on steroids.

Anyone else been before Or have suggestions on what to do during the day outside of the pyramids tour?
[Reply]
Spott 10:22 AM 11-13-2018
Never been, but I would hope there would be an endless supply of chips and salsa if I ever did go.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:22 AM 11-13-2018
DIE!! SO FUN!
[Reply]
tooge 10:36 AM 11-13-2018
It's an absolutely enormous city tucked into the mountains. Many many gorgeous areas, and many many super poor areas. It'd take a month of being there to see it all properly. I'd say check out templo mayor for sure. Also check out the Coyoacan city market (mercado) for lots of goods and food. Eat the tortas and tacos on the street stand joints. Stay in at night.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:36 AM 11-13-2018
Stop in and say hello at the donkey show. Catch a cock fight. breath like a coal miner in the late afternoon smog.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:40 AM 11-13-2018
Be apart of the sex trafficking

[Reply]
wutamess 10:42 AM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Spott:
Never been, but I would hope there would be an endless supply of chips and salsa if I ever did go.
Actually I think Chips and salsa is an America thing.
[Reply]
Fish 10:45 AM 11-13-2018
Uhh ohh....

NFL reportedly considering moving Rams-Chiefs game out of Mexico
[Reply]
ping2000 11:04 AM 11-13-2018
Hang out at the Mexican 7-11. Some guy will come by in a truck and hire you to mow grass or hang drywall. You will get paid in cash tax free. Send money back to U.S. relatives.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:05 AM 11-13-2018
Hookers and Blow!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:06 AM 11-13-2018
Donkey show
[Reply]
Ecto-I 11:11 AM 11-13-2018
I've been four times and actually just got back from a four day trip there yesterday.

Restaurants and nightlife: Go the the neighborhoods of Polanco, La Condesa, and Roma. They have tons of amazing food and fun bars.

Teotihuacan pyramids are cool but about an hour and a half outside the city.

Xochimilco is a fun (albeit touristy) experience where you lunch on boats going through canals with mariachis.

Angel de la independencia, Chapultapec Castle, and La Catedral are landmarks worth seeing.

Definitely hit up Coyoacan for the Friday Kahlo museum and the food market.

Also the anthropology museum is world-class.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:24 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Headed down Thursday and I keep looking at "walking around Mexico City and the nightlife" videos on Youtube. It looks like the Plaza on steroids.

Anyone else been before Or have suggestions on what to do during the day outside of the pyramids tour?
La Condesa is a great neighborhood - lots of nightlife and restaurant options. Also San Angel is kind of the old money neighborhood. The Zocalo (giant square with old Basilica) is pretty cool. Also there's this crazy building downtown, which has a museum inside.

Don't go walking in bad neighborhoods and it's as safe as any big city in the US. Tons of great museums, restaurants, monuments and art galleries.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:37 PM 11-13-2018
Cocaine and tequila if it hasn’t been stated.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:38 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Donkey show
If Scho wasn't so racist he could have a good time down there with all those hookers and donkey shows....
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:41 PM 11-13-2018
Plus 1...

The restaurants are amazing.

Just find a trusted guide via your hotel, I have done this many times in Mexicio City (and elsewhere) and had a great time every time. Be specific in what kind of you want to have fun (there are many underground experiences to be had) and if you want someone who will also provide for your safety.

Tip well and enjoy.

Originally Posted by DMAC:
Eat amazing food.

http://elhuequito.com.mx/

[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up