ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Baker Mayfield "Mahomes should have been the number 1 pick not Myles Garrett
DTVietnam 06:54 PM 10-31-2018
“Talent wise, I thought he should have been – I love Myles but…,’’ he said with a smile before going out to practice for the Chiefs visit on Sunday. “Coming from the Texas Tech system, there are always your skeptics, people doubting the fact that all he did was sit back there and throw the ball. He threw it 88 times in our game (a 66-59 Oklahoma victory over Texas Tech), but when it comes down to it, throwing the ball is throwing the ball, and he’s really good at it.”

[Reply]
DRM08 04:35 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Well then you're just some kind of shitbird, and you can go straight to hell!

Seriously man, you cant possibly be serious...
Just trying to be objective and look at it from the view of a GM trying to build a team.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:43 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Just trying to be objective and look at it from the view of a GM trying to build a team.
Well then I'm just glad you dont wear Brett Veach' shoes

I wouldnt trade Mahomes for a Wentz-Donald combo... no chance in hell
[Reply]
RunKC 04:47 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I wouldnt trade Mahomes for a Wentz-Donald combo... no chance in hell
Yeah I’d take Wentz and Donald in that situation.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:52 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Mayfield looks better than Kizer already. How do you explain that if Cleveland is the problem?
They got rid of all the sucky management? Also the coach didn't suck the life of him.
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:52 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah I’d take Wentz and Donald in that situation.

Why?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:11 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Why?
Donald is probably the best defensive player in the NFL.

Wentz was an MVP frontrunner last year too and he doesn't have a quarter of the weapons we do.

The Mayfield/Garret comparison is crazy because those guys haven't had any clear success, but Wentz and Donald surely have.

I'm still deeply in love with Mahomes and hate even pondering these situations that aren't remotely reality.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:28 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by rtmike:
I for one was happy Dorsey picked Mayfield. I figured they could use a boost of guess you could say confidence, lol.
And as time goes by he seems to be the clear #1 of his class.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:49 PM 11-01-2018
Mahomes always had rare traits, but he's probably been put in a better situation than almost any first round QB in league history, given the enormous skill position talent around him and the presence of Reid.

I don't think things end up well for him in Cleveland.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:57 PM 11-01-2018
I would rather have the Garrett/Mayfield combo than Mahomes by himself.
Hue Jackson disagrees.

Hue Jackson: I wanted Wentz, Watson and Mahomes, Browns would be winning by now if we'd done it my way in Year One
[Reply]
RunKC 06:34 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Donald is probably the best defensive player in the NFL.

Wentz was an MVP frontrunner last year too and he doesn't have a quarter of the weapons we do.

The Mayfield/Garret comparison is crazy because those guys haven't had any clear success, but Wentz and Donald surely have.

I'm still deeply in love with Mahomes and hate even pondering these situations that aren't remotely reality.
Yeah Wentz was on pace for a 41 TD/10 INT season last year and has 13 TD/ 2 INT in 2 fewer games coming off an injury. He is the only young QB that compares to Mahomes ability.

Donald already has 10 sacks. Wouldn’t shock me if he got 20. Easily the best defensive player in the league.
[Reply]
Best22 06:43 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Mahomes always had rare traits, but he's probably been put in a better situation than almost any first round QB in league history, given the enormous skill position talent around him and the presence of Reid.

I don't think things end up well for him in Cleveland.
I think Mahomes would do well in Cleveland, eventually

He’s just a good, smart quarterback. His instincts are great, as is his insane arm talent. Has proper size and athleticism. Confident and a good work ethic. Tough, and a leader. High character overall

We’re more lucky to have him than he is to have us
[Reply]
staylor26 08:03 PM 11-01-2018
I would rather have the Garrett/Mayfield combo than Mahomes by himself.
:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:44 PM 11-01-2018

This is outrageous, via NFL Next Gen Stats... Not only is Aaron Donald leading the league in sacks (10), he's doing it while being double-teamed 70% of the time... practically twice as often as the other leaders. #LARams pic.twitter.com/r53be6M2YB

— J.B. Long (@JB_Long) October 31, 2018

This is how good Donald is. He is JJ Watt in his prime caliber good. He looks like the best interior rusher since Warren Sapp.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:24 PM 11-01-2018
Here's our ol buddy Walterfootball on Mahomes: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...17pmahomes.php

Originally Posted by :
Player Comparison: Derek Carr/Jay Cutler. There are a lot of comparisons for Mahomes. On NFL Network, they consistently compare Mahomes to Cutler because they are both big-armed gunslingers who have decision-making issues.

Others have compared Mahomes to Johnny Manziel, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. I can definitely see the comparison to that trio because Mahomes is like them with the ability to ad lib. All of them would take a play with nothing open, move around, and then make a big throw downfield. They also can throw from a variety of platforms. Like Rodgers and Favre, Mahomes has a big arm.

I have heard some scouts compare Mahomes to Carr, and there are a lot of similarities between the two. They both have powerful arms, mobility, accuracy and toughness. Carr also came from a college spread offense at Fresno State similar to the one that Mahomes ran at Texas Tech. Like Carr, Mahomes also grew up with pro athletes in the family. I could see Mahomes being an NFL quarterback comparable to Carr. So much of whether Mahomes pans out, however, will be determined by the team and coaching staff that drafts him. He also will have to work hard to learn his NFL offense coming from a college gimmick offense that won't correlate well to the pros. Carr was able to overcome that issue, and the question is if Mahomes has that ability.
OMG guys - he could be the next Derek Carr!
[Reply]
ct 11:46 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Drives me nuts when people say the Chiefs paid two 2 first rounders to get him.

We swapped 1's with the Bills and gave up another 1st. That was CHEAP
ditto

we did invest 2 1sts and a 3rd for him but it’s idiotic when it’s repeatedly phrased we spent 2 1sts and a 3rd to move up for him.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up