ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Baker Mayfield "Mahomes should have been the number 1 pick not Myles Garrett
DTVietnam 06:54 PM 10-31-2018
“Talent wise, I thought he should have been – I love Myles but…,’’ he said with a smile before going out to practice for the Chiefs visit on Sunday. “Coming from the Texas Tech system, there are always your skeptics, people doubting the fact that all he did was sit back there and throw the ball. He threw it 88 times in our game (a 66-59 Oklahoma victory over Texas Tech), but when it comes down to it, throwing the ball is throwing the ball, and he’s really good at it.”

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:29 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Well, it WAS a risky pick, and hindsight proves it was a great move. Myself personally, I remember thinking when they moved up "Holy shit, we're gonna grab a QB". When they announced Mahomes, I thought there must be something to this guy that other are not seeing. I was on board immediately. Seeing all the negative crap, hearing from people how stupid the pick was, how stupid the Chiefs were for getting rid of Smith...just reinforced my confidence in this guy. I don't think the Chiefs would have made such a daring move if they were not sure that this guy was special.

I love that they were right.
I'm with you on this. It is really hard to win a SB without a top 5 QB. I'm tired to watching KC compete for a playoff spot.

I was certainly ready to roll the dice. I don't follow college, but after they drafted him, it was pretty clear that a lot of pundits thought he was, at best, a project, but it was also really clear that he had a sky-high ceiling.

I was fully on board with that. If it had turned into a bust, you roll the dice again.

Alex Smith played better than I thought he would and we didn't give up that much to get him and we got most of it back when we traded him. But I thought it was extremely unlikely to ever get to the SB with him. At most maybe a wild card win.

If you are a team like the Browns, that might actually be pretty good. But I thought KC was at a point they should go for boom or bust.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:35 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Credit to Mayfield for being honest
For sure...he did answer the question straight up.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:39 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
For sure...he did answer the question straight up.
I know the kid gets mixed reviews around here, but I've liked what little I've seen of him in interviews etc... and of course he was right, what Mahomes is doing for his team is Myles above what Garrett is doing for his
[Reply]
rtmike 04:04 PM 11-01-2018
I know the kid gets mixed reviews around here, but I've liked what little I've seen of him in interviews etc... and of course he was right, what Mahomes is doing for his team is Myles above what Garrett is doing for his
I for one was happy Dorsey picked Mayfield. I figured they could use a boost of guess you could say confidence, lol.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:10 PM 11-01-2018
Kizer could of been a good qb but he went to Cleveland where talented people lose their skills.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:15 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by rtmike:
I for one was happy Dorsey picked Mayfield. I figured they could use a boost of guess you could say confidence, lol.
I agree, Dorsey made the right choice IMO

"Kill me before I let you win"

Thats the kind of attitude a shitshow franchise needs in its QB, gotta have some swagger to inspire confidence in your teammates
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:17 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Kizer could of been a good qb but he went to Cleveland where talented people lose their skills.
Mayfield looks better than Kizer already. How do you explain that if Cleveland is the problem?
[Reply]
jd1020 04:20 PM 11-01-2018
I dunno. He throws too many interceptions. It's only been 8 games and he's already just 2 INT's away from tying Smith's high as a Chiefs. You have to protect the ball as a QB. How do you ever plan to win in the NFL turning the ball over so many times?
[Reply]
DRM08 04:25 PM 11-01-2018
I would rather have the Garrett/Mayfield combo than Mahomes by himself.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:29 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Well then you're just some kind of shitbird, and you can go straight to hell!

Seriously man, you cant possibly be serious...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:31 PM 11-01-2018
No and no and no and :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:31 PM 11-01-2018
Mahomes was the guy I wanted long before the draft. Watson was the only one that I thought was close, but I thought Mahomes had a little more ability with a far higher ceiling.

I can understand the line of thinking behind some of the criticism, but poor field vision? WTF?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:31 PM 11-01-2018
:-)

Working on your comedy act? Good one.

[Reply]
Warrick 04:33 PM 11-01-2018
Absolutely no Superbowls for your team if you were a GM! Go root for the the Browns then!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:34 PM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I dunno. He throws too many interceptions. It's only been 8 games and he's already just 2 INT's away from tying Smith's high as a Chiefs. You have to protect the ball as a QB. How do you ever plan to win in the NFL turning the ball over so many times?
They dumped his best receiver because the guy showed up stoned to work

There was clearly some major dysfunction going on between his HC and OC behind the scenes

Then throw in the typical rookie growing pains on a team with no real foundation... it all adds up to not being a recipe for success for any rookie QB

Gah, I feel dirty sitting here defending Clevelands QB on Browns week but thats how I feel :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up