ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Baker Mayfield "Mahomes should have been the number 1 pick not Myles Garrett
DTVietnam 06:54 PM 10-31-2018
“Talent wise, I thought he should have been – I love Myles but…,’’ he said with a smile before going out to practice for the Chiefs visit on Sunday. “Coming from the Texas Tech system, there are always your skeptics, people doubting the fact that all he did was sit back there and throw the ball. He threw it 88 times in our game (a 66-59 Oklahoma victory over Texas Tech), but when it comes down to it, throwing the ball is throwing the ball, and he’s really good at it.”

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lots of those draft sites didn't like him, Bucky Brooks called it an awful pick.
On the other hand, Pete Prisco thought it was a great pick and the only reason he gave them a B+ was because he thought they gave up a lot to get him.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:37 PM 10-31-2018
A lot of these guys are former players so they are basically taught to value consistency and high floors.

The idea that a guy could be a bust means he's risky and a bad pick. The same reason coaches like vets.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:48 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
A lot of these guys are former players so they are basically taught to value consistency and high floors.

The idea that a guy could be a bust means he's risky and a bad pick. The same reason coaches like vets.
Louis Riddick was on the bandwagon from the beginning as far as I know.

I don’t like the guy much but I have to give him credit.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 PM 10-31-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Louis Riddick was on the bandwagon from the beginning as far as I know.

I don’t like the guy much but I have to give him credit.
There were a few that liked him but most thought he didn't even deserve to go in the 1st.
[Reply]
scho63 12:44 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
I like reading all the draft experts take on Mahomes:

10th pick.
Patrick Mahomes, QB Texas Tech — Kansas City Chiefs (from Buffalo)
GRADE: C-
Analysis: Calling Mahomes a project is a major understatement. He’s nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. And, honestly, he may never be. Between his inconsistent accuracy due to poor mechanics, his tendency to bail from clean pockets and his lack of field vision, he’s going to leave as many big plays on the field as he creates. This was a risky pick.
What fucking brain surgeon wrote that pile of shit! :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:11 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
What fucking brain surgeon wrote that pile of shit! :-):-):-):-)
Looks like something Pioli would shit out his mouth.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:36 AM 11-01-2018
Well, it WAS a risky pick, and hindsight proves it was a great move. Myself personally, I remember thinking when they moved up "Holy shit, we're gonna grab a QB". When they announced Mahomes, I thought there must be something to this guy that other are not seeing. I was on board immediately. Seeing all the negative crap, hearing from people how stupid the pick was, how stupid the Chiefs were for getting rid of Smith...just reinforced my confidence in this guy. I don't think the Chiefs would have made such a daring move if they were not sure that this guy was special.

I love that they were right.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:14 AM 11-01-2018
The scary thing was John Gruden loved Mahomes from start
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:20 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
The scary thing was John Gruden loved Mahomes from start
Yep and he called it too one thing that always chaps my butt is when folks say we gave too much to get him. Really? You find a once in a decade, franchise changing player. What's that worth? I'd say 5 1st round picks, not 1.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:50 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Yep and he called it too one thing that always chaps my butt is when folks say we gave too much to get him. Really? You find a once in a decade, franchise changing player. What's that worth? I'd say 5 1st round picks, not 1.
It's worth whatever the franchise thinks it's worth and it's paying off, you guys paid the right price to get him.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:50 AM 11-01-2018
It's worth whatever the franchise thinks it's worth and it's paying off, you guys paid the right price to get him.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:15 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
What ****ing brain surgeon wrote that pile of shit! :-):-):-):-)
I'm hoping that guy has killed himself by now
[Reply]
Hoover 08:26 AM 11-01-2018
Drives me nuts when people say the Chiefs paid two 2 first rounders to get him.

We swapped 1's with the Bills and gave up another 1st. That was CHEAP
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:27 AM 11-01-2018
Cleveland would've just fucked Mahomes up if they took him first
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 11-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Drives me nuts when people say the Chiefs paid two 2 first rounders to get him.

We swapped 1's with the Bills and gave up another 1st. That was CHEAP
in retrospect, a fucking steal.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:40 AM 11-01-2018
In order of the absolute worst draft commentary I'd easily go #1 USA Today. They're a dogshit collection of rejects and has-beens.

#2 is CBS. Those two organizations are so consistently wrong it's laughable.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up