Originally Posted by :
BJ Kissel
BJ Kissel
@ChiefsReporter
·
33m
#Chiefs CB Steven Nelson (92.7 PFF Overall Grade) was
@PFF
's top-graded player last night. He was targeted six times and only allowed two receptions for 33 yards.

Over the past six games, Nelson has only allowed 264 yards while being targeted 42 times.

He’s having a pretty good season, and at least half of CP thinks he sucks. It’s a shame.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:56 PM 10-22-2018
but but Sutton!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:56 PM 10-22-2018
staylor, white knighter of mediocre DBs the world over
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:57 PM 10-22-2018
how many penalties does he have? Thats why people think they suck
[Reply]
Mecca 04:58 PM 10-22-2018
It's because he isn't capable of dealing with top level receivers, he's not awful but he's not great either. The Chiefs don't have a #1 CB so basically they all end up looking bad when they get that matchup..

If you added a guy like Peterson and bumped everyone else down that would do wonders for that secondary.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:00 PM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
staylor, white knighter of mediocre DBs the world over
Hammock Parties, wrong about everything all of the time
[Reply]
Mecca 05:02 PM 10-22-2018
There are a lot of Steve Nelsons all over the league just most of them don't get asked to line up on 1's..same for Fuller and Scandrick. Those guys have value the problem is...they are all over matched against an elite WR.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:04 PM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There are a lot of Steve Nelsons all over the league just most of them don't get asked to line up on 1's..same for Fuller and Scandrick. Those guys have value the problem is...they are all over matched against an elite WR.
Outside of maybe 10 corners, they all are.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:04 PM 10-22-2018
It's because he isn't capable of dealing with top level receivers,
Yet, here we are 6-1, and have already faced elite WR's.

That dog doesn't hunt anymore, WE are elite, at least for now.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:05 PM 10-22-2018
That's just it. Nelson is a valuable player if he isn't over-extended. And in fairness that's not his fault. As a slot guy I think you can do a lot worse. Long-term I don't think he can handle being a #2. That was my beef with him this off-season, or more specifically, with us allowing that to be the plan.
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:05 PM 10-22-2018
Nelson does suck. I have never seen him look back for the ball. He is constantly penalized. Can’t catch easy interceptions. The dude doesn’t even see the field for 28 other teams.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:05 PM 10-22-2018
Having a decent game against a team that came into a prime time game at Arrowhead and completely laid an egg does not make Nelson a good corner.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:05 PM 10-22-2018
Kissel with their excuse they aren't going after Peterson
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:08 PM 10-22-2018
I don't hate Nelson, but how often was he matched up with AJ Green last night? I recall mostly Scandrick. A harsher grade otherwise?

It spoke loudly that Blake Bortles seemed keen to go after him.

Anyway, I think he's young and evolving. We should expect improvement from him throughout the season and hopefully we're seeing some of it. There's no part of me that dislikes Nelson at all as he's JAG-ish but green enough to have potential going forward,
[Reply]
staylor26 05:08 PM 10-22-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Having a decent game against a team that came into a prime time game at Arrowhead and completely laid an egg does not make Nelson a good corner.
This wasn’t his only good game, and let’s mot pretend like the Bengals don’t have a great duo in Green and Boyd.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 25
1 234511 > Last »
Up