ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1296 of 2686
« First < 29679611961246128612921293129412951296 129712981299130013061346139617962296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:57 AM 11-15-2018
Dang, some of you guys act like you never woke up feeling dangerous.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:58 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Holthus said he did a special where Mahomes and Dawson sat down and reviewed each other's game film and analyzed similar 'iconic' plays that each of them had made.

I hope it ends up online somewhere.
that sounds cool as hell
[Reply]
carcosa 11:00 AM 11-15-2018
Just another article...

https://fansided.com/2018/11/15/patr...-2018-nfl-mvp/

It's interesting as you read that, especially the emphasis on his humility, to contrast him with other recent highly touted QBs.

Can any of us imagine Mahomes walking into a presser and saying "When I woke up this morning, I felt dangerous..."
I could imagine him saying it and still managing to come across as charming and humble
[Reply]
carcosa 11:01 AM 11-15-2018

DANGEROUS
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:08 AM 11-15-2018
Just another article...

https://fansided.com/2018/11/15/patr...-2018-nfl-mvp/

It's interesting as you read that, especially the emphasis on his humility, to contrast him with other recent highly touted QBs.

Can any of us imagine Mahomes walking into a presser and saying "When I woke up this morning, I felt dangerous..."

I mean **** you, Baker. How'd you feel the week before when you got butt****ed at home by a team that never took it out of 3rd gear? Way to puff out your chest after you finally manage to win a game.

There's a lot of truth to that - Mahomes attitude resonates with fans here just as much as his performance. Baker wouldn't be as revered to most of us as Mahomes is because we just LIKE Mahomes more. That counts for something.
Baker was being a smart ass in response to an incredibly stupid question.

I have no problem with players giving smart ass answers to stupid questions.

It was an obvious joke. Lighten up man. I'm certain everyone in the locker room got a good laugh out of it.

They're way different guys. Mahomes is far more likeable from a public perspective, but there's no way the Browns players didn't laugh at that smart ass "I woke up feeling dangerous.." stuff. It was funny. He wasn't being serious. He was being a smart ass prick... because Baker is a smart ass prick.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:10 AM 11-15-2018
In some ways Mahomes and Mayfield do play similar styles of games. The problem for Mayfield is that Mahomes simply has the arm and processing power to bend the NFL game to his will.

Mayfield doesn't. Mayfield is what people said Mahomes would be. He does lock onto his first read and he will force balls into places he can't get it. He freelances too much and doesn't throw on time. He needs to be 'broken' of some things he did in college to succeed.

Mahomes, OTOH, can take that stuff he did in college and just make it work at this level because he's a clearly superior prospect in literally every conceivable way.

But it's !@#$ing Mayfield who walks around yapping like his shit doesn't stink. I really don't like that guy.

I agree with the all of this except I don't really have a problem with Mayfield. The feeling dangerous comment was obviously done with his tongue in his cheek. And the local reporters ate it up. The Browns need someone like him with a little fuck you attitude and swagger.

Yeah, he's probably a little bit of a douche, but I think that's probably being overblown some by the talking heads that never liked him.

And he'll probably become a pretty decent quarterback. Everybody comes up short when compared to Mahomes. We are incredibly lucky to have him. That doesn't mean everyone else is shit. He'll make rookie mistakes and get better unless the Browns totally screw this up.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM 11-15-2018
Mahomes was born feeling dangerous
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:13 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dang, some of you guys act like you never woke up feeling dangerous.
I laughed out loud when I saw the clip of him saying that.

What's amazing to me is how many people took it literally like he was just boasting in a vacuum.

Instead he was giving a smart ass answer to a silly fluff question. "Did you know before the game you'd play well?" It's dumb. I'm sure he expects to play well before EVERY game.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:14 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Mahomes was born feeling dangerous
Upon conception his mother Randi felt dangerous for 9 months.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:18 AM 11-15-2018
If Mahomes played for someone else, he'd be my favorite non-chiefs player.

It's still surreal, like a dream. Any moment I'm going to wake up and Alex Smith will still be the Quarterback.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:21 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I laughed out loud when I saw the clip of him saying that.

What's amazing to me is how many people took it literally like he was just boasting in a vacuum.

Instead he was giving a smart ass answer to a silly fluff question. "Did you know before the game you'd play well?" It's dumb. I'm sure he expects to play well before EVERY game.
I laughed too. I thought it was excellent.

And it's honest. He very likely felt "dangerous" that day.

I mean, have some of you not woken up feeling like you were going to kick ass at life that day? Shit, i woke up this morning feeling that way.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:26 AM 11-15-2018

Hey @patrickmahomes5, you give us 57 touchdowns, we’ll give you Heinz on your steak for life. https://t.co/UeZdmMZUnv

— Heinz Ketchup (@HeinzKetchup_US) November 15, 2018

[Reply]
carcosa 11:27 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I laughed too. I thought it was excellent.

And it's honest. He very likely felt "dangerous" that day.

I mean, have some of you not woken up feeling like you were going to kick ass at life that day? Shit, i woke up this morning feeling that way.
Your posts have kicked ass today!!!!!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:30 AM 11-15-2018
This will be must-watch when this interview is shown:

[Reply]
Buns 11:41 AM 11-15-2018
Patrick Mahomes won't have to buy ketchup for him or his family for a very long time. And he plays for a team whose colors are ketchup and mustard!!!

A1 on STEAKS FTW BTW
[Reply]
Page 1296 of 2686
« First < 29679611961246128612921293129412951296 129712981299130013061346139617962296 > Last »
Up