ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1295 of 2687
« First < 29579511951245128512911292129312941295 129612971298129913051345139517952295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:07 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
KMBC apparently did an interview with Lenny and Patrick, has anybody seen it?

No
[Reply]
carcosa 09:16 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
NO I HAVENT READ THAT YET AND I HAVENT SEEN THE LINK POSTED 347,104 TIMES ON CP ALREADY
Posted via Mobile Device
thank's u
[Reply]
chinaski 09:29 AM 11-15-2018
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet...Lenny and Patrick together.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/legend-...rview/25108189
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:39 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Catastrophe!!

via GIPHY

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:44 AM 11-15-2018
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet...Lenny and Patrick together.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/legend-...rview/25108189
Holthus said he did a special where Mahomes and Dawson sat down and reviewed each other's game film and analyzed similar 'iconic' plays that each of them had made.

I hope it ends up online somewhere.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:46 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Holthus said he did a special where Mahomes and Dawson sat down and reviewed each other's game film and analyzed similar 'iconic' plays that each of them had made.

Wow, I'd love to see that!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:02 AM 11-15-2018

Wow, I'd love to see that!
The clip above mentions that there will be a longer conversation broadcast in the pre-game Monday night.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:15 AM 11-15-2018
Just another article...

https://fansided.com/2018/11/15/patr...-2018-nfl-mvp/

It's interesting as you read that, especially the emphasis on his humility, to contrast him with other recent highly touted QBs.

Can any of us imagine Mahomes walking into a presser and saying "When I woke up this morning, I felt dangerous..."

I mean fuck you, Baker. How'd you feel the week before when you got buttfucked at home by a team that never took it out of 3rd gear? Way to puff out your chest after you finally manage to win a game.

There's a lot of truth to that - Mahomes attitude resonates with fans here just as much as his performance. Baker wouldn't be as revered to most of us as Mahomes is because we just LIKE Mahomes more. That counts for something.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:21 AM 11-15-2018
Just another article...

It's interesting as you read that, especially the emphasis on his humility, to contrast him with other recent highly touted QBs.

Can any of us imagine Mahomes walking into a presser and saying "When I woke up this morning, I felt dangerous..."

I mean **** you, Baker. How'd you feel the week before when you got butt****ed at home by a team that never took it out of 3rd gear? Way to puff out your chest after you finally manage to win a game.

There's a lot of truth to that - Mahomes attitude resonates with fans here just as much as his performance. Baker wouldn't be as revered to most of us as Mahomes is because we just LIKE Mahomes more. That counts for something.
Not only is Mahomes the frontrunner for MVP he should also be up for NFL Man of the Year for all of his Charity work.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 11-15-2018
Just another article...

I mean **** you, Baker. How'd you feel the week before when you got butt****ed at home by a team that never took it out of 3rd gear? Way to puff out your chest after you finally manage to win a game.

Yup. I can’t ****ing stand that guy. What a douche. It will be his downfall because he’s not even remotely close to as talented as a guy like Mahomes.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:29 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yup. I can’t ****ing stand that guy. What a douche. It will be his downfall because he’s not even remotely close to as talented as a guy like Mahomes.
Agreed. He demonstrated what a d-bag he was when he quit on his Texas Tech teammates and transferred to OU. The sad part is that the media completely bought into his "poor me" sob story. I don't understand their infatuation with him. Mahomes has more talent and is a standup citizen with humilty
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Agreed. He demonstrated what a d-bag he was when he quit on his Texas Tech teammates and transferred to OU. The sad part is that the media completely bought into his "poor me" sob story. I don't understand their infatuation with him. Mahomes has more talent and is a standup citizen with humilty
That's a ridiculous thing to hold against him.

Had he not "quit on his Texas Tech teammates" he'd have never been the #1 overall pick. You're really gonna shit on the kid for making the decision that was undeniably the right decision for him to make?

With his size and without pop off the page arm talent, he'd have been a 5th round pick and probably stuck behind someone like Matt Ryan.

I don't fault him for seeing the writing on the wall and leaving for a situation that allowed him to showcase his skills and advance his career immeasurably. Lots of guys do that without being a shithead about it.

The problem is that he did that WHILE being a shithead. The former isn't demonstrative of the latter but the latter is pretty much inarguable.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 11-15-2018
Baker will be made or broke depending who they bring in to coach. If it's not an offensive guy, he'll have a so so career.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 11-15-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Baker will be made or broke depending who they bring in to coach. If it's not an offensive guy, he'll have a so so career.
In some ways Mahomes and Mayfield do play similar styles of games. The problem for Mayfield is that Mahomes simply has the arm and processing power to bend the NFL game to his will.

Mayfield doesn't. Mayfield is what people said Mahomes would be. He does lock onto his first read and he will force balls into places he can't get it. He freelances too much and doesn't throw on time. He needs to be 'broken' of some things he did in college to succeed.

Mahomes, OTOH, can take that stuff he did in college and just make it work at this level because he's a clearly superior prospect in literally every conceivable way.

But it's !@#$ing Mayfield who walks around yapping like his shit doesn't stink. I really don't like that guy.
[Reply]
O.city 10:52 AM 11-15-2018
In some ways Mahomes and Mayfield do play similar styles of games. The problem for Mayfield is that Mahomes simply has the arm and processing power to bend the NFL game to his will.

Mayfield doesn't. Mayfield is what people said Mahomes would be. He does lock onto his first read and he will force balls into places he can't get it. He freelances too much and doesn't throw on time. He needs to be 'broken' of some things he did in college to succeed.

Mahomes, OTOH, can take that stuff he did in college and just make it work at this level because he's a clearly superior prospect in literally every conceivable way.

But it's !@#$ing Mayfield who walks around yapping like his shit doesn't stink. I really don't like that guy.
I don't care for his "off field" stuff either, but a lot of the stuff you speak of here can be attributed to being a rookie QB in the NFL. You'd think or hope he'd improve from that with time.

But we shall see.
[Reply]
Page 1295 of 2687
« First < 29579511951245128512911292129312941295 129612971298129913051345139517952295 > Last »
Up