ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 51
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:15 PM 10-31-2016
It would be cool if Dolores is actually Yul Brenner's character from the movie.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:05 PM 10-31-2016
Did anyone else see that split second smirk Logan had when he realized William wasn't going to come save him, almost like that's what he wanted to see William do? I wonder what that's all about.
[Reply]
Buck 07:11 PM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Did anyone else see that split second smirk Logan had when he realized William wasn't going to come save him, almost like that's what he wanted to see William do? I wonder what that's all about.
Probably because he's been wanting William to stand up for himself for a long time. Also he knows he can't be hurt badly.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:55 PM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
Probably because he's been wanting William to stand up for himself for a long time. Also he knows he can't be hurt badly.
Im starting to think that maybe they can be hurt badly for this particular storyline.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 PM 10-31-2016
Yeah, but....

There was something more in that look, like Logan was trying to set William on some path that he was resisting for the longest time. Almost like this whole thing is a predetermined story just for William. That's a ton to get from a glance, lol. We'll see.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:41 PM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yes. I assumed that this turn of events fell within Logan's plan because of that look.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:48 PM 10-31-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It would be cool if Dolores is actually Yul Brenner's character from the movie.

They have mentioned that Dolores is the oldest guest in the park. They have mentioned that she was there when the insurrection happened. They have shown that she was working with the dead partner when he was alive for some sort of anti-establishment reason. There have been scenes with employees asking her about her motivations with references too, among other things, her attitude towards committing violent acts. Suppose she achieved sentience during the insurrection and and she is being kept around for study purposes under the assumption that morphing her into a damsel in distress under extremely harsh code limitations will keep her from becoming dangerous again as long as she isn't pushed in that direction?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:06 AM 11-01-2016
So here is my theory.......

The "Man in Black" is the real life brother of Arnold. He saved the park when something happened when Arnold died.

Arnold was going to "Destroy" the park by making the HOST become self aware (AI). So the other partner killed him with Deloras. But Arnold left clues to what really happened, and what was really going on, hints the "maze".

The "Man in Black" because of his financial investment in the park get what ever he wants, but what he is really looking for is the Truth about Arnolds death.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:07 PM 11-01-2016
Has the two time line theory been discussed yet?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:13 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Has the two time line theory been discussed yet?
I've seen some discussion about 2 - 3 timelines.

The two bros at the park being one time line
Ed Harris / The Man In Black another timeline
Bernard's discussions with Deloris as a third timeline

Basically this...

[Reply]
Buck 12:19 PM 11-01-2016
I was on the multiple timelines train until I read a scene by scene timeline layout. The following scenes happened back to back.

Ford (Anthony Hopkins) created the Wyatt story in the present time. That means the scene labeled "Sweetwater New Day" below happened in the present. Immediately following that scene, Dolores stumbles into William's camp.

Now, if that took place in the past, that's a really fucked up thing that the writer's have done because that means we can't trust them.

-- Sweetwater New Day --
-Teddy protects Dolores from Rebus's posse, they head off to teach her to shoot
-Sheriff rides up, convinces Teddy to leave Dolores to hunt down Wyatt
-Wyatt's costumed men ambush Teddy's group, everyone flees, Teddy is beaten and tied to a tree
-Dolores arrives home to find her home ransacked by Rebus. She blasts him and flees.

-- Elsewhere --
-Dolores stumbles her way into William's camp.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:21 PM 11-01-2016
Cool thanks for that. Great show, lots of different themes they are trying to explore. Hopefully it doesn't all fall apart at the end like LOST
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:22 PM 11-01-2016
I was on the multiple timelines train until I read a scene by scene timeline layout. The following scenes happened back to back.

Ford (Anthony Hopkins) created the Wyatt story in the present time. That means the scene labeled "Sweetwater New Day" below happened in the present. Immediately following that scene, Dolores stumbles into William's camp.

Now, if that took place in the past, that's a really ****ed up thing that the writer's have done because that means we can't trust them.

-- Sweetwater New Day --
-Teddy protects Dolores from Rebus's posse, they head off to teach her to shoot
-Sheriff rides up, convinces Teddy to leave Dolores to hunt down Wyatt
-Wyatt's costumed men ambush Teddy's group, everyone flees, Teddy is beaten and tied to a tree
-Dolores arrives home to find her home ransacked by Rebus. She blasts him and flees.

-- Elsewhere --
-Dolores stumbles her way into William's camp.
Dolores stumbling into William's camp does not necessarily mean it happened after shot shot Rebus but I understand your point.
[Reply]
Buck 12:24 PM 11-01-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Dolores stumbling into William's camp does not necessarily mean it happened after shot shot Rebus but I understand your point.
Yeah, like I said, it doesn't prove anything, but if the writers seriously did that just to fake us out, then boo to them.
[Reply]
Buck 12:34 PM 11-01-2016
Another thing is that the people running the park see that Dolores is off her loop and can't tell if she's doing it on her own or if she's with a guest, and they say something to the effect of "We can't tell if she's doing it on her own or not, Ford's new storyline is screwing things up."

Then we see the caretaker in a Cowboy hat try to come and get her, but William says, she's with me.

Edit: I want to know if Old Ford is ever seen with Stubbs and Elsie. I guess it's possible that Stubbs and Elsie are in the past timeline. If there's anything to link them to Ford in the current day, then I'm fairly confident that there's only one timeline.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 51
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up