ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 160
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Top 101 CP Posters of 2014 Part 2 Presented by SNR
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 PM 07-31-2014
The countdown and butt hurt continues as SNR, the unnamed listmaker, and I are on a mission to finish this thing.

Original thread (101-58).... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...osters+of+2014

57-34... http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....30&postcount=3

33-21... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...31&postcount=4

20-13... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...0&postcount=13

12. Dane McCloud
Spoiler!

11. Pestilence
Spoiler!

10. htismaqe
Spoiler!

9. Rausch
Spoiler!

8. Bowser
Spoiler!

7. Simply Red
Spoiler!

6. milkman
Spoiler!

5. Mr. Flopnuts
Spoiler!

4. SNR
Spoiler!

3. 'Hamas' Jenkins
Spoiler!

2. Rain Man
Spoiler!

[Reply]
rico 09:26 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I picture rico with the windows down blaring this shit at 11.....

After "Faith," I began hating Limp Bizkit...I think I was 17. Then he came out with that song that slammed Trent Reznor. Anyone who does that is dead to me. Fred First is dead to me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:57 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Not tonight!
Wheres the old thread? I'll move it to the Hall of Classics.
[Reply]
rico 10:01 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wheres the old thread? I'll move it to the Hall of Classics.
BigRedChief making dreams come true.... the CEO of the admirable Make a Big Red Wish Foundation.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 10:19 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
After "Faith," I began hating Limp Bizkit...I think I was 17. Then he came out with that song that slammed Trent Reznor. Anyone who does that is dead to me. Fred First is dead to me.

[Reply]
frankotank 10:34 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
HEY! HE STOLE MY MOVE!

[Reply]
rico 10:40 AM 08-01-2014
I hate typing g from a fuckibg phone. I wrote "Fred Durst," not Fred First.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:42 AM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
I hate typing g from a ****ibg phone. I wrote "Fred Durst," not Fred First.
Dick fingers.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Two realms unite in their hatred of Abramas - SNR, the Trekkie, and GoChiefs, the Star Wars junkie (although he admittedly hates Abrams for what he did with Star Trek, as well). Who says we can't all get along?
I was a Star Trek fan long before I discovered lightsabers. Including my own.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:24 PM 08-01-2014
Clay was also one of the people who told me to go watch DS9 after I finished TNG. I didn't watch Star Trek as a kid, so I'm still kind of a n00b, even though I've now seen all the episodes at least once from TNG through Enterprise. Some of the really good ones I've seen 5+ times. So calling me the Trekkie is kind of misleading, because Clay was the Curzon Dax to my Benjamin Sisko.

I'm also a Star Wars fan, although I haven't watched Clone Wars or gotten into any of the other story elements beyond what's in the movies. I will watch the JJ Abrams Star Wars movies just so I can bitch about how bad he's going to make them.

How Paramount can listen to that dumbfuck say, "I don't like Star Trek" and then hire him to direct Star Trek movies is beyond me. It's one thing to be unfamiliar with the franchise. It's another to not like it and make production decisions SPECIFICALLY to go against the appeal that made it the entertainment giant it was before Abrams made two movies.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:25 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
God, that was fucking horrible.
[Reply]
Donger 12:25 PM 08-01-2014
Is JJ Abrams the homosexual pedophile or the other one?
[Reply]
Donger 12:26 PM 08-01-2014
Oh, and DS9 is crap. It isn't remotely a worthy follow-on to TNG.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:55 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by Donger:
Oh, and DS9 is crap. It isn't remotely a worthy follow-on to TNG.
Eh, I won't debate the merits of each series to you. You've heard them hundreds of times, no doubt. I'll just say that for me, personally, I can't choose between the best of TNG and the best of DS9. They're completely different products from one another. The special moments that TNG was able to create can't be had on DS9, but at the same time the special moments that DS9 was able to create couldn't be done on TNG.

I will say that in terms of the PITS of each show, however, DS9 took far more risks with their material and ended up being successful a greater percentage of the time. But when they failed or flopped... oof. They were REALLY bad.

What I'll give DS9 credit for, however, is being able to instantly hit the ground running. There are episodes in the 1st and 2nd seasons of DS9 that I would put up as some of the greatest of the series. I can't say the same for TNG's opening seasons.

I have friends who want to start watching Star Trek, but then they put it off when I warn them, "Look... the 1st and the 2nd season of TNG will be... well... bad... but it will all be worth it from the 3rd season going forward! Trust me!" I don't want to tell them to start with Season 3, but I also don't want to subject them to nearly an entire season's worth of Wesley Crusher saving the day.
[Reply]
Donger 01:58 PM 08-01-2014
Originally Posted by SNR:
Eh, I won't debate the merits of each series to you. You've heard them hundreds of times, no doubt. I'll just say that for me, personally, I can't choose between the best of TNG and the best of DS9. They're completely different products from one another. The special moments that TNG was able to create can't be had on DS9, but at the same time the special moments that DS9 was able to create couldn't be done on TNG.

I will say that in terms of the PITS of each show, however, DS9 took far more risks with their material and ended up being successful a greater percentage of the time. But when they failed or flopped... oof. They were REALLY bad.

What I'll give DS9 credit for, however, is being able to instantly hit the ground running. There are episodes in the 1st and 2nd seasons of DS9 that I would put up as some of the greatest of the series. I can't say the same for TNG's opening seasons.

I have friends who want to start watching Star Trek, but then they put it off when I warn them, "Look... the 1st and the 2nd season of TNG will be... well... bad... but it will all be worth it from the 3rd season going forward! Trust me!" I don't want to tell them to start with Season 3, but I also don't want to subject them to nearly an entire season's worth of Wesley Crusher saving the day.

[Reply]
Saccopoo 02:26 PM 08-01-2014
Fucking nerds.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 160
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up