ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 172
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
-King- 04:56 AM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, but, it's too boring/slow.
Well...it is slow. I wouldn't say it's boring but I can see why people would say that, but it is definitely slow.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 AM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Well...it is slow. I wouldn't say it's boring but I can see why people would say that, but it is definitely slow.
Posted via Mobile Device
It was the worst season by far. I was expecting the quality of the last show of the season, all season. Disappointing.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:34 PM 01-27-2019
Give Kim the all the Emmys for telling off Howard re his handling of Chuck’s death.
[Reply]
notorious 04:30 PM 04-07-2019
https://www.yahoo.com/news/better-ca...190900086.html

Better Call Saul not premiering until 2020

Chris Edwards

Better Call Saul fans are going to have to wait a while longer to see Jimmy McGill complete his transformation into Saul Goodman – because season 5 of the Breaking Bad prequel won't be premiering until next year.
In a wide-ranging interview with Vulture, AMC's President of Entertainment Networks Sarah Barnett said the fifth season has been put back to 2020 due to "talent needs".
"We said on our most recent earnings call that the series would come back for season five next year," she said. "It’s driven by talent needs, which we would not override if it would result in a worse show."

In October last year, the show's co-creator Peter Gould revealed that an end point for the series has been considered – and it might not be far away.
"The show is finite and, for better or for worse, we're telling a story with a beginning and a middle and an end, and it really feels like we're closer to the end than to the beginning," he told The Hollywood Reporter.

"I don't know how many more seasons we've got for sure and obviously some of that is a question of how much more story there is to tell and some of it is hopefully enough people watch to continue having it as a going concern."

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 05:13 PM 04-07-2019
So basically 2 years between seasons? Love the show, but man that's pretty bad.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:53 PM 04-07-2019
So, It's not happening?

Originally Posted by notorious:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/better-ca...190900086.html

Better Call Saul not premiering until 2020

Chris Edwards

Better Call Saul fans are going to have to wait a while longer to see Jimmy McGill complete his transformation into Saul Goodman – because season 5 of the Breaking Bad prequel won't be premiering until next year.
In a wide-ranging interview with Vulture, AMC's President of Entertainment Networks Sarah Barnett said the fifth season has been put back to 2020 due to "talent needs".
"We said on our most recent earnings call that the series would come back for season five next year," she said. "It’s driven by talent needs, which we would not override if it would result in a worse show."

In October last year, the show's co-creator Peter Gould revealed that an end point for the series has been considered – and it might not be far away.
"The show is finite and, for better or for worse, we're telling a story with a beginning and a middle and an end, and it really feels like we're closer to the end than to the beginning," he told The Hollywood Reporter.

"I don't know how many more seasons we've got for sure and obviously some of that is a question of how much more story there is to tell and some of it is hopefully enough people watch to continue having it as a going concern."

[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:55 PM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I like this show more than Breaking Bad. It seems to me like they have so much to get through. This is all super disappointing.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:32 PM 04-07-2019
Agreed, and that's going to test the fans' patience.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:53 PM 04-07-2019
Relevant data from tonight's Veep
Attached: Veep.jpg (36.4 KB) 
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:37 AM 04-08-2019
Good lord. I just waited 2 years for GOT, now I have to wait another year for Saul. At least the Walking Dead universe has a show running most of the year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM 04-08-2019
They just started filming Season 5 a few days ago:

Let’s do this!!!!
Season 5 @BetterCallSaul , let the shooting begin!!! pic.twitter.com/0m4kbv0cy8

— Rhea Seehorn (@rheaseehorn) April 6, 2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:54 PM 04-09-2019
the last couple of shows last season were fantastic, as good as anything done in the series. But the rest of the season was meh.
[Reply]
TLO 04:42 PM 07-16-2019
Where can I stream season 4? I'm tired of waiting on Netflix to put it up
[Reply]
-King- 09:48 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They just started filming Season 5 a few days ago:

They're just now starting filming? They must really love making people have to rewatch episodes just to remember wtf has happened. Ugh.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:44 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
They're just now starting filming? They must really love making people have to rewatch episodes just to remember wtf has happened. Ugh.
That post was from early April, but yeah - it's gonna be awhile.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 172
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132 > Last »
Up