ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>****TNF Packers @ Seahawks****
Dinny Bossa Nova 10:42 AM 11-15-2018
Should be a good game.

I want the Packers to lose because Ditka.

Dinny
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Rodgers looks so uninterested when things aren’t going well. It always seems like he is trying to blame others when things aren’t working.
For what it's worth - Rodgers wasn't like this when he was young.

It's my last worry with Mahomes - how time will change him. Rodgers was very much a happy-go-lucky kid when he was a new starter. It took 4-5 years for him to start to 'big time' people.

Obviously we don't think it will happen with Pat, but I'm betting packers fan didn't think Rodgers would turn into a bit of a surly dickhole either.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:23 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For what it's worth - Rodgers wasn't like this when he was young.

It's my last worry with Mahomes - how time will change him. Rodgers was very much a happy-go-lucky kid when he was a new starter. It took 4-5 years for him to start to 'big time' people.

Obviously we don't think it will happen with Pat, but I'm betting packers fan didn't think Rodgers would turn into a bit of a surly dickhole either.
There is a slight difference between playing for the Packers and the Chiefs.. and following a league personality like Favre.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There is a slight difference between playing for the Packers and the Chiefs.. and following a league personality like Favre.
There won't be if he wins.

If Mahomes wins a SB, with his charisma, the Chiefs would become a national brand immediately. It's a difficult thing for us to fathom, but I'm certain it's true.

And while it's true that following Favre is different than following Smith, let's not act like Favre was a beloved character when Rodgers stepped in. People were tired of the retirement acts and thought Favre was washed up. When he went to the Vikings, his own fans turned on him. Following Favre wasn't the same as following Elway in Denver - the shine had largely worn off him by the time Rodgers took over.

Wilson's the counterpoint; I've never seen him develop that kind of toxic sheen on top. He's generally remained a pretty grounded, humble guy and appears to be the same style of leader he's always been. We'll be extremely fortunate if Mahomes handles the spotlight the same way Wilson did.

But we can't dismiss the possibility that he becomes a little jaded by the whole thing; a little more cynical or hard-edged. I wouldn't bet on it, but it's not impossible.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up