ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (10/25)
Direckshun 08:19 AM 10-25-2018
Let's have some fun.

1. The Chiefs are defeated on the road in the AFCCG by the New England Patriots in a shootout. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained, as is DC Bob Sutton.

2. The Chiefs cut OLB Justin Houston, ILB Reggie Ragland and S Daniel Sorensen.

4. The Chiefs re-sign: WR De'Anthony Thomas to 2 years, $6m; OLB Dee Ford to 5 year, $60m; CB Orlando Scandrick to 1 year, $6m.

5. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: RB Damien Williams, FB Anthony Sherman, TE Demetrius Harris, OL Jordan Devey, DE Jarvis Jenkins

6. The Chiefs tender: WR Marcus Kemp, ILB Terrance Smith, S Jordan Lucas, K Harrison Butker

7. The Chiefs let walk: RB Spencer Ware, WR Chris Conley, C Mitch Morse, C Austin Reiter, DE Allen Bailey, CB Steven Nelson, S Ron Parker

8. The Chiefs sign OT Jake Fisher (Bengals) to 1 year, $4m; DE Muhammad Wilkerson (Packers) for 2 years, $13m; ILB Ben Jacobs (Panthers) for 1 year, $1.5m; S Earl Thomas (Seahawks) for 3 years, $25m.

The Selections:

1. DE Derrick Brown, Auburn
2 (Peters). CB Lavert Hill, Michigan
2. CB Alijah Holder, Stanford
3. OLB Porter Gustin, USC
5. RB Ty Johnson, Maryland
6. C Sam Mustipher, Notre Dame
7. OLB Oshane Ximines, Old Dominion

Roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Litton
RB: Hunt, Williams, Williams, Johnson
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Thomas, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Harris

LT: Fisher, Fisher
LG: Erving, Wylie
C: Devey, Mustipher
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, McKenzie
RT: Schwartz, Fisher

DE: Jones, Jenkins
NT: Nnadi, Williams
DE: Wilkerson, Brown

OLB: Speaks, Kpassagnon
ILB: O'Daniel, Jacobs, Smith
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Ford, Gustin, Ximines

CB: Fuller, Hill, Scandrick, Holder, Ward, Smith
S: Berry, Thomas, Watts, Lucas, Murray

K: Butker
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:12 PM 10-25-2018
They aren't gonna extend Ford beyond the franchise tag and unless he doesn't produce all year, they aren't cutting Houston yet. I think they will try to sign Earl for sure unless Berry proves capable of staying on the field.

I also think you can take it to the bank that Tyreek Hill will be extended this offseason. Veach is not going to repeat Dorsey's mistakes of kicking the can down the road with elite players.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:30 PM 10-25-2018
Veach says that he likes to attack the FA/draft process based on positional depth. Well, this FA class is loaded on defense and the draft is too outside of safety. That's why I think he goes after ET.

Otherwise, he's in a good spot to not overpay for anyone else and just let upgrades come to him via the draft.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:01 PM 10-25-2018
The Chiefs always seem reluctant to put too much pressure on rookies. I can't see them letting Nelson walk and not making a FA acquisition at CB, unless Tremon gets a chance to actually play and really impresses.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:25 AM 10-26-2018
Just checked and Raglands salary is just over $1m for 2019, would be insanity to cut him.

I'm also not sure about cutting Sorenson, he's due $4.5m and dead cap would be $2m so seems not worth the cut unless you're desperate for that tiny bit of extra cap space, log jam at safety not withstanding.

Also can't see Pringle in the cuts or the team, I feel like he's the next good WR for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:33 AM 10-26-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Just checked and Raglands salary is just over $1m for 2019, would be insanity to cut him.

I'm also not sure about cutting Sorenson, he's due $4.5m and dead cap would be $2m so seems not worth the cut unless you're desperate for that tiny bit of extra cap space, log jam at safety not withstanding.

Also can't see Pringle in the cuts or the team, I feel like he's the next good WR for Mahomes.
This. He's a bargain. You bring him back for quality depth if nothing else.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:54 AM 10-27-2018
Not familiar with any players yet but I like your picks based on position. I think I'd change out 5 and 7 with OL. #1 priority for the next 15 years needs to be protecting the GOAT and giving him a solid defense and we'll be right there every year.
[Reply]
Sully 11:29 AM 10-29-2018
Houston is still (when healthy... I know) a top OLB in the league. I hate hsi price tag, but he's a game-changer, even without the sack numbers.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:13 PM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by Sully:
Houston is still (when healthy... I know) a top OLB in the league. I hate hsi price tag, but he's a game-changer, even without the sack numbers.
:-)
[Reply]
Up