ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>(Welcome to the) NEW Chiefsplanet SERVER!!!!
AustinChief 06:36 PM 11-23-2010
OK, the time has finally come... we have a new server!

I will be spending tonight and all day tomorrow transitioning to the new digs... I don't expect it to affect us until late tomorrow afternoon.

I will make give everybody a warning then take us offline for (hopefully!) 3-4 hours...

When we are done, we will have a new home with 6 TIMES the power and RAM as before... I expect to see some MAJOR upgrades in performance... once we have settled into the new server, I will start to prep us for a major upgrade to our Vbulletin software... but that may wait until the post season...

I know it's been a long time coming, but bear with me for a little longer and it will all be worth it!
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:41 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It's not just a new GUI. When I looked into this, there was a high probability of at least some loss of data, that means our history. Rep would be zeroed out. etc.

This site is like a shoe that fits you perfectly. Maybe eventually it wears out and you have to get a new one. But, most at least at first will hate the new GUI/shoe, traffic will go down. Would that love of the new shoe ever recover to current levels? There is a risk of never recovering to the level of love with the new shoes/GUI.

I guess we should all still be using Windows XP using this reasoning. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:02 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I guess we should all still be using Windows XP using this reasoning. :-)
Just saying like any other user experience, it has to be taken into account what the customer wants even though we are not buying anything on this site.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:34 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
How many people really prefer keeping the old software if it's going to keep running like this?
Not I. I'm not married to this interface in any way, shape, or form. Scorch this bitch.
[Reply]
007 03:38 PM 08-23-2019
I'm all for the software upgrade. Who cares if a little is lost if it improves the experience.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:59 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Not I. I'm not married to this interface in any way, shape, or form. Scorch this bitch.
Originally Posted by 007:
I'm all for the software upgrade. Who cares if a little is lost if it improves the experience.
JFC, I’m not saying don’t change the interface or don’t gamble on losing something. I’m not advocating for any single approach to modernization.

I’ve seen the backend of Chiefs Planet. Props to Daface, AC and Bearcat for keeping this site going with hardly any tools to help admin and better our experience. Salu!:-)
[Reply]
007 04:12 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
JFC, I’m not saying don’t change the interface or don’t gamble on losing something. I’m not advocating for any single approach to modernization.

I’ve seen the backend of Chiefs Planet. Props to Daface, AC and Bearcat for keeping this site going with hardly any tools to help admin and better our experience. Salu!:-)
You do realize I didn't quote you right?
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:09 PM 08-23-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:09 PM 08-23-2019
:-)
[Reply]
AustinChief 01:00 AM 08-24-2019
ok first step is complete, it will need some tweaking but we should be much faster already. We will see!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:33 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
If they increase the transistor modules and reverse the amps going to the mainframe couplet, you can probably get a lot faster speeds.
Bolster 12 Husk Nuts to each girdle jerry, while flex tandems press a task apparatus of ten vertically composited patch hamplers. Then pin flam-fastened pan traps at both maiden apexes of the jimjoints
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:33 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
ok first step is complete, it will need some tweaking but we should be much faster already. We will see!
Great work!
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:56 AM 08-24-2019
it loads almost instantly but i its 1am pst, so not many should be on the site right now.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:58 AM 08-24-2019
Thanks for all of your hard work guys.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:13 AM 08-24-2019
and here i thought it was my internet :-)
[Reply]
scho63 07:24 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Thank you-super fast so far this morning!

Great job, hope it lasts. :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 32
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up