ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 72
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
DRM08 08:54 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
True but he may not interview well at all.

Its an interesting story because frankly outside of the locker-room and meeting rooms who knows how qualified Bienemy really is? He may interview like shit. OC may be his ceiling. :-)

Players are notoriously bad evaluators of coaches historically. Romeo Crennel is absolutely loved by his players for example, so was Gunther Cunningham.

The Peter Principle States if you continue to get promoted eventually almost everyone is promoted past their capabilities. We see this all the time in the NFL.
That’s all true. But I think the Jets or Lions would be in better shape with Coach EB than they have been with Gase & Patricia.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:10 AM 12-30-2020
Meanwhile Adam Gase the fucking moron has has two jobs and failed twice.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:28 AM 12-30-2020

Its an interesting story because frankly outside of the locker-room and meeting rooms who knows how qualified Bienemy really is? He may interview like shit. OC may be his ceiling. :-)

Players are notoriously bad evaluators of coaches historically. Romeo Crennel is absolutely loved by his players for example, so was Gunther Cunningham.

The Peter Principle States if you continue to get promoted eventually almost everyone is promoted past their capabilities. We see this all the time in the NFL.
And plenty of coaches are "great interviewers" but suck at the job. Interviewing well is like running a great presidential campaign, needed to get in but no guarantee you get anything done when you're in.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:31 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Ben Allbright is a knob at a Denver radio station who acts like a league insider. He's been trashing Bieniemy's HC chances for a while despite nobody of any credibility saying anything of the sort.
Came here to say this. As soon as I saw the name I knew this would be bullshit.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:31 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I speculated that maybe he was a poor interviewer and got trashed last season. And i still believe that he may be being hurt by Nagy and Pederson as much as whether or not he calls plays or not. The wheels are falling off ofr Pederson without elite talent, and Nagy had one flash in the pan season and can only seem to temporarily right the ship when he changes qbs for a week or two. Teams may see that and think the magic is mostly big Andy and be nervous about turning the keys to a franchise thats already in dismay over.
Matt Nagy is so much better than people give him credit for. The guy was hired into a job forcing him to have Mitch Trubisky as his QB and in 3 years he hasn’t had a losing season. Did I mention that Nagy has to compete against Aaron Rodgers twice a season as well?

Some of you guys forget that Andy had one measly playoff win over Brian Hoyer in 9 seasons time between McNabb being old and washed to Patrick Mahomes first season. It’s HARD winning without a QB guys.

I can only pray that Matt Nagy is Andy’s replacement one day bc if he’s pulling off winning seasons every year with absolute garbage at QB in the same division as Rodgers, then there’s no doubt that his ceiling with Patrick and Veach is easily 11 wins as a floor.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:45 AM 12-30-2020
Ok...so have him stay in KC longer, gives Mahomes/offense some continuity. Shit I don't care.

I don't fall into the "Oh he's black he has to get a HC gig soon!" crowd.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a HC job. Maybe he does. Tbh we don't really know what happens during his interviews and why he's not been chosen as a HC somewhere, I just don't think it's because he's black.

A lot of what this person said is true. Reid designs most if not all of the playbook. I'm sure EB does some play designing etc, but most of that falls on Reid, EB is just mostly a translator in the headset.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:47 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Ok...so have him stay in KC longer, gives Mahomes/offense some continuity. Shit I don't care.

I don't fall into the "Oh he's black he has to get a HC gig soon!" crowd.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a HC job. Maybe he does. Tbh we don't really know what happens during his interviews and why he's not been chosen as a HC somewhere, I just don't think it's because he's black.

A lot of what this person said is true. Reid designs most if not all of the playbook. I'm sure EB does some play designing etc, but most of that falls on Reid, EB is just mostly a translator in the headset.
Pretty much how I feel about it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 AM 12-30-2020

Yep.
[Reply]
notorious 09:57 AM 12-30-2020
Put yourself in the other teams' shoes.

You are looking to hire a person to run your business. One guy works with the best owner in the NFL, and the CEO is also the best. They have top talent from top to bottom in the company.

It sounds enticing, but your company is a pile of shit, and you need someone who can succeed without being surrounded by the best of the best all the time.

You don't know if he's been key to the company's success, or if he is just a placeholder in which the owner and CEO carry the weight and the prospect is just a guy that nods his head in meetings. If he ever makes a decision and it's bad the great CEO and owner can fix it just because they are amazing.

Now, taking a chance on EB is better than reshitting turds like Gase, but it's still not an easy decision.
[Reply]
FAX 09:59 AM 12-30-2020
I will say this ... EB gives us the potential to have an opportunity to have a chance at an opportunity ... and, also, too, he comes in every day and works hard.

Meanwhile ...

Since I don't have any influence on the decision, I'd like to see EB get a head coaching job so we can see what Kafka has to offer in the OC spot.

A fresh voice is a good thing from time to time.

FAX
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:59 AM 12-30-2020
The NFL is going to get dragged through the mud if he doesn’t finally get a shot.
[Reply]
wazu 10:02 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Put yourself in the other teams' shoes.

You are looking to hire a person to run your business. One guy works with the best owner in the NFL, and the CEO is also the best. They have top talent from top to bottom in the company.

It sounds enticing, but your company is a pile of shit, and you need someone who can succeed without being surrounded by the best of the best all the time.

You don't know if he's been key to the company's success, or if he is just a placeholder in which the owner and CEO carry the weight and the prospect is just a guy that nods his head in meetings. If he ever makes a decision and it's bad the great CEO and owner can fix it just because they are amazing.

Now, taking a chance on EB is better than reshitting turds like Gase, but it's still not an easy decision.
Okay, but how often do we see new head coaching prospects get hired out of dumpster fire organizations? Seems like usually they come from successful teams. I think you have a good point and it explains so many bad Patriot assistants getting hired all the time, but why would this be the one instance ever that teams suddenly take pause?
[Reply]
notorious 10:06 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Okay, but how often do we see new head coaching prospects get hired out of dumpster fire organizations? Seems like usually they come from successful teams. I think you have a good point and it explains so many bad Patriot assistants getting hired all the time, but why would this be the one instance ever that teams suddenly take pause?
Well, I don't expect teams to finally smarten up. There will always be fucktard owners and GMs.

EB is worth a shot, but I think owners see a guy that's been carried to his success.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:08 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The NFL is going to get dragged through the mud if he doesn’t finally get a shot.
Yep. Especially if guys like Kafka get hired before him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:16 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yep. Especially if guys like Kafka get hired before him.
There's also a possibility Anthony Lynn gets fired in LA, leaving one fewer African American head coach. I personally see nothing different from Bienemy than I saw from Nagy or Pederson, and I don't believe there was ever a huge push for them to get head coaching jobs by the media the way there is for Bienemy. It's pretty clear why people are pushing for Bienemy, but it is what it is. If he gets passed up we won't hear the end of it all offseason.

As others have mentioned, jackasses like Gase and Patricia have gotten jobs, someone just needs to bite the bullet and give Bienemy a chance.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 72
< 123 45671353 > Last »
Up