ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 162
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:46 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
If Daboll made an MVP candidate QB out of 1st read QB, then he is an Andy Reid level offensive genius.

PS, you have no idea what you're talking about...

You're quoting PFF and you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about?!

Yes. Its a great offense for Allen and Daboll learned a lot about college game when he had to leave NFL. He's a head coach soon.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:47 PM 12-16-2020
Allen has more yards, TD's, completion %, wins, etc because of coaching and Diggs.

Baker has it pretty rough with OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Njoku etc.
OBJ didn't help, for whatever reason. He made things worse. Njoku has been . . . off. And Jarvis is very good, but isn't in the same ballpark as Diggs.

And coaching is huge as well. Especially for the first 2-3 years of a QB's career.

Look, believe whatever you want. You asked, I answered based on my perspective of what both QBs have faced this season, irrespective of SoS. One has benefited from a stable coaching situation and the addition of a future HOFer at a key position. The other has had to learn a new system and a new personality at HC/OC, had to deal with an OL that's still gelling, and whatever issue they were having with OBJ before he got hurt.

All of this seems pretty obvious, if you stop looking at the raw stats for an hour or so.:-)
[Reply]
diqlix 01:48 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Why would we? Its not like they are TV all the time.
True.

Just strange to see such wrong opinions on Allen (like the person saying he is a 1 read QB, when he is one of the top rated QB's in the league when he is forced past his first read).

Just blatantly wrong stuff.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:50 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
OBJ didn't help, for whatever reason. He made things worse. Njoku has been . . . off. And Jarvis is very good, but isn't in the same ballpark as Diggs.

And coaching is huge as well. Especially for the first 2-3 years of a QB's career.

Look, believe whatever you want. You asked, I answered based on my perspective of what both QBs have faced this season, irrespective of SoS. One has benefited from a stable coaching situation and the addition of a future HOFer at a key position. The other has had to learn a new system and a new personality at HC/OC, had to deal with an OL that's still gelling, and whatever issue they were having with OBJ before he got hurt.

All of this seems pretty obvious, if you stop looking at the raw stats for an hour or so.:-)
I appreciate your perspective.

Just feels like you're trying hard to force a narrative that just isn't there.

Allen is somehow magically better in every statistical category, because of 1 WR ... when Mayfield has a top 5 WR himself. Plus a top 15 WR.

Most analysts (who hated Allen) simply finally admitted "I was wrong".

Some people want to stick with the narrative though.
[Reply]
diqlix 01:53 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You're quoting PFF and you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about?!

Yes. Its a great offense for Allen and Daboll learned a lot about college game when he had to leave NFL. He's a head coach soon.
If you think Allen is a 1 read QB, then yes, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Allen has had much criticism throughout his career, but not going through his progressions is NOT one of them.

You just pulled that out of your butt lol

He is constantly going through his progressions and buying time, trying to find someone.

A few plays of Josh Allen creating on the move against the 49ers :fire emoji: pic.twitter.com/qIyKcsA6hZ

— Michael Kist (@MichaelKistNFL) December 9, 2020

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:00 PM 12-16-2020
If you think Allen is a 1 read QB, then yes, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Allen has had much criticism throughout his career, but not going through his progressions is NOT one of them.

You just pulled that out of your butt lol

He is constantly going through his progressions and buying time, trying to find someone.

No, it tells me you don't know shit. But then again, you're from Buffalo so the standard for QB play there is pretty low.

I have watched enough Allen staring at his first read. And a checkdown is not a "progression".
[Reply]
diqlix 02:01 PM 12-16-2020
No, it tells me you don't know shit. But then again, you're from Buffalo so the standard for QB play there is pretty low.

I have watched enough Allen staring at his first read. And a checkdown is not a "progression".
Actually, a checkdown is a QB's last read in their progression.

But no one mentioned a checkdown and Allen rarely ever checks down.

You got caught talking out of your butt. Sorry.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:02 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That entire game was so hard to watch until the last 7 minutes.
Huh? The game was tied at halftime.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:03 PM 12-16-2020

Allen is somehow magically better in every statistical category, because of 1 WR ... when Mayfield has a top 5 WR himself. Plus a top 15 WR.

Most TV analysts play the hot take game. And then double down for ratings. Then flip their opinion for, wait for it, ratings. Reference how the Sports TV analysts of the world were all over Lamar being a top 3 QB just a season ago, in spite of the fact that he was inconsistent with his accuracy at all levels, continued to throw with no anticipation, and continues to have issues with his pre-snap reads.

All I'm saying is I'm going to wait to see how things progress, or not, for Allen before I change my mind.

Right now, my opinion is that he's a great talent, that still has a lot to learn about being a QB. But Diggs is hiding some of these issues this season through his elite play. Take Diggs out, and does Josh revert to 2019 Josh? The Josh that played against HOU in the playoffs? Or has he actually matured past that 'performance'?

i guess we'll find out sometime down the road.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:04 PM 12-16-2020
Actually, a checkdown is a QB's last read in their progression.

But no one mentioned a checkdown and Allen rarely ever checks down.

You got caught talking out of your butt. Sorry.
Go play in traffic dumbass. We don't have time for moron trolls like you.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:05 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Most TV analysts play the hot take game. And then double down for ratings. Then flip their opinion for, wait for it, ratings. Reference how the Sports TV analysts of the world were all over Lamar being a top 3 QB just a season ago, in spite of the fact that he was inconsistent with his accuracy at all levels, continued to throw with no anticipation, and continues to have issues with his pre-snap reads.

All I'm saying is I'm going to wait to see how things progress, or not, for Allen before I change my mind.

Right now, my opinion is that he's a great talent, that still has a lot to learn about being a QB. But Diggs is hiding some of these issues this season through his elite play. Take Diggs out, and does Josh revert to 2019 Josh? The Josh that played against HOU in the playoffs? Or has he actually matured past that 'performance'?

i guess we'll find out sometime down the road.
Fair enough.

Agree to disagree.

Good talk!
[Reply]
diqlix 02:06 PM 12-16-2020
Go play in traffic dumbass. We don't have time for moron trolls like you.
Next time, don't just say a cliche football expression hoping it's true.

That way you won't look so bad.

See how Megatron and I had a lengthy discussion? It's because we both know what we are talking about. We just disagree on the conclusion.

You on the other hand, are just saying things and hoping that they might apply.
[Reply]
Best22 02:12 PM 12-16-2020
I think Allen is better than Mayfield

And I think Watson is better than Allen. Deshaun Watson seems to be improving every year
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:15 PM 12-16-2020
Next time, don't just say a cliche football expression hoping it's true.

That way you won't look so bad.

See how Megatron and I had a lengthy discussion? It's because we both know what we are talking about. We just disagree on the conclusion.

You on the other hand, are just saying things and hoping that they might apply.
I think Kurt Warner knows more than PFF which doesn't evaluate QB play well.

The concept of “ceiling” is different to Warner than it is to you or I. He doesn’t view “ceiling” through the lens of a QB’s physical ability. He doesn’t see a rocket arm or breakneck speed or did-he-just-do-that!? improvisation and project greatness.

No, to Warner, ceiling is all mental. All how a quarterback processes the game.

After all, that’s how a Barnstormin’ cast-off essentially changes offensive football.

Warner studies Allen. Warner has concerns.

Over the summer, he re-watched every snap of the Bills’ playoff loss to the Texans and… yikes. It was bad. Allen missed “lay-up” after “lay-up.” His unusual frame stood out then. Warner is a firm believer that it’s extremely difficult for lanky, 6-foot-5 quarterbacks to ever become rhythmic passers. Peyton Manning was tall, sure, but “still compact,” Warner notes. In Allen, he sees “long levers” and Warner believes it’s extremely difficult for any quarterback with such levers to condense everything into a concise throwing motion that lasts.

And even as Allen then torched the league with an MVP-caliber September, even as millions of us believed we were witnessing a young QB turning the corner and anyone who ever uttered a bad word about Allen was told to repent for their sins, Warner saw something else. Warner saw a quarterback making (very) simple throws to (very) fast receivers. A quarterback who, frankly, didn’t need to use his brain much. As defenses started getting more exotic in coverage with their zones, Allen regressed. Allen lacked a counterpunch. Hence, the JV-level picks vs. the Titans and the near picks vs. the NFL’s worst team and the fumbles (he’s up to 28 in 38 starts). After that 4-0 start, Buffalo lost to two AFC powers and wobbled to wins over two AFC lightweights with Allen completing 62.7 percent of his passes for 211.5 yards per game, four scores, four picks and a 79.2 passer rating.

“When you get man to man, you don’t have to process the information,” Warner says. “It’s just ‘Pick a match-up that you like, and go.’ And, so, it’s a great thing for young guys because it comes down to the physicality more than it comes down to the mental side of it. When you add the mental side to it — with a guy who’s still learning how to play the position like Josh and still learning how to process and, at times, gets antsy in the pocket — all this stuff starts to stack on top of each other. And that is when you have your inefficiencies.

One high-ranking AFC exec vacillates between two comps. First, he calls Allen “a more exciting Kirk Cousins” because, to him, Allen is good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs but bad enough to keep them from going too far. He points out that defenses know they simply have to confuse him, so there’s also “a Daunte Culpepper feel” here. He believes that, like Culpepper, defenses will shut Allen down for good in one or two years.

“That, to me, becomes the ultimate question with this new-era of quarterback. How long can they sustain what they’re doing to have their statistical success before it’s going to have to adjust? And if they do or if they don’t will determine how long they play in this game and at that level.”

Thus, it’s pretty simple for the Bills. Until Allen develops that counter, they are a 10-6, 11-5 team that will run into the buzz saw that is Mahomes.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-ii-t...-on-josh-allen
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:22 PM 12-16-2020

Jarvis is not a top-5 WR. He doesn't even break into the top-15 in any major receiving category this season. Diggs is top-5 in most WR categories. They aren't even close to being on the same level.

And who's this top-15 guy? Because I can't find him either.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 162
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Up