ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs road trip and charity events to Tampa Bay, Miami and maybe Super Bowl in TB.
BigRedChief 11:08 AM 02-14-2020
UPDATE August 24th:

Our group tickets have been canceled for the Miami Dolphins game.

See post #126 for the letter from the Dolphins

Ticket info from the Dolphins:

If you want to go see the Chiefs game in a suite in Miami. Here’s the details.
Spoiler!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

03/06/2020 Buccaneers and Dolphins updates that apply to both teams:

• The Dolphins and Buccaneers have agreed in principle with duplicating the events that were successful in Jacksonville. VIP BBQ charity event on Saturday night. Sunday BBQ tailgate. Silent auctions of Chiefs related items. BBQ fountains. DJ with cool music at all events.

• The same BBQ team has committed to providing that fantastic BBQ to all events in both cities. Michelle Higgins has also agreed to provide the logistics and her professional event planning skills for free to both cities events. The KC BBQ Society will also help coordinate the events in both cities.

• We will partner with a local business to provide a full bar at both the charity events and the tailgate.

• The Dolphins and Buccaneers will pay for the tents, tables, chairs, overnight security, lot clean up and trash removal. They will pay ½ the costs of the tailgate space. They will use the same basic contract as we used in Jacksonville.

• The Dolphins and Buccaneers will set up a website for us to buy tickets starting the first hour that the NFL allows ticket sales. They will block out thousands of tickets for us in the upper and lower sections. We will have to buy those tickets within a short time period, or they will be released back into the general public sale.

• I will make a post to 725K+ Chief fans on 62 Chiefs Facebook groups asking who’s interested in going. We had 1000 fans in Jacksonville. We could have 1500-5000 Chief fans this time. We are also working with other large Chief fans groups to publicize each other events and let Chief fans know where to gather with other Chief fans when they travel on the road to see our team.

• The KCBBQ Society charity will be their college scholarship program for kids of good character but unable to afford college.

• Arrowhead South’s charity will be the Patrick Mahomes foundation (15andmahomies foundation).

• If the game is on Sunday, we will also have a pep rally/gathering on Chief fans on Friday night. Location TBD.

• If the game is on a Thursday night, we will ask the group for guidance on a pep rally and a VIP charity event.

• We will have a selection of Boulevard beer to go with the delicious KC BBQ.

• We had 40 volunteers in Jacksonville work and sweat at those events. Trying to get a couple pf field passes before the game for a couple of lucky volunteers.

• We will make a post asking for volunteers, items needed and any input to make this event even better than the one in Jacksonville as we get a little closer to the game

• We will have more tents and shade if the game is in the first few weeks of the NFL season.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04/09/2020 Update:

When do tickets go on sale?

No one knows. Not the teams, no one. Those front offices are shut down doing social distancing too. Luckily, we had all the basics done for the events in both cities before the coronavirus hit. Once the NFL announces the schedule and dates of games we will be ready to go full blast. Fingers are crossed that the Florida games will be later in the season this year.

We will not have a lot of time to purchase these tickets that the Dolphins and Buccaneers will hold for us Chief fans. So get your budgets ready. Once they are gone, thats it. Mahomes is the hottest ticket in the NFL. Where ever we go they sell out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/26/2020 Dolphins update only:

• The Dolphins charity will be the Dolphins Cancer Challenge https://dolphinscancerchallenge.com/

• We are currently working with the Dolphins to agree on our spot in their parking lot.

• A possible complication is if the Miami Hurricanes are playing on Saturday before our Sunday game, we won’t be able to be in the parking lot until Sunday morning. We would have to have our Saturday night VIP charity event at a different venue. Dave and Busters? The bar that hosts the Arrowhead South – Miami chapter? TBD.

• The Dolphins are going to introduce us to the Broward County conventions and visitor’s bureau and the Miami County conventions and visitor’s bureau. Those organizations will help us plan community events, Help publicize the events and find us the best hotel deals in the area.

• The Arrowhead South - Miami chapter will help with logistics and on the ground stuff that will be needed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

05/04/2020 Miami Dolphins ticket update:

At this point, we are prepared for the schedule release this week but do not plan on going sale for another couple of weeks. However, we are prepared to reserve these tickets for your group once we finally go on sale. We are working to confirm our on-sale date shortly and will send you an email once we have this confirmed.

Thanks again for your patience.
David Mack
Director
Miami Dolphins
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami ticket update 05/11 4:00 pm

Let’s push to tomorrow. Pricing is on the 2 yard line and I think I’ll have it confirmed by tomorrow morning. How about 3pm for a call tomorrow?

David Mack

Director, Group Sales

Hard Rock Stadium
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/06/2020 Buccaneers update:

• The Buccaneers charity will be our choice between a couple of their Bucs charities. TBD.

• We will begin work next week with the Buccaneers to find the perfect spot in their parking lot. The Buccaneers don’t own their parking lots. Its governed by a county board, the city and a bunch of other bureaucracies. The Bucs are starting the paperwork for all the approvals that will be needed. No opposing team has ever requested to have a tailgate in their lots. They don’t expect any issues with approval since we have been vouched for by the Jaguars and the Titans. But bureaucracy can delay the approvals.

• We are going to work on a plan B. Using the Tampa Bay Yankees parking lots across the street from the Bucs stadium. The Bucs are going to reach out to the Yankees to see if it’s possible and if so, introduce us to the Yankees front office. We would then work with them on a backup plan in case the bureaucracy approval wheels turn too slow.

• A possible complication is if the USF Bulls are playing on Saturday in Raymond James stadium before our Sunday game, we won’t be able to be in the parking lot until Sunday morning. We would have to have our Saturday night VIP charity event at a different venue. Probably at the Dave and Busters. TBD.

• We will also have a pep rally/gathering on Chief fans on Friday night. Location TBD.

• The Arrowhead South – Tampa Bay, Sarasota, Brandon and the Pasco chapters will help with logistics and the need someone on the ground stuff that will be needed.

Possible Super Bowl in Tampa Bay update:

We are also scouting and vetting possible sites for a huge Super Bowl party. You know someone that runs or owns a suitable place that would be able to accommodate the whole Arrowhead South group, let us know in a PM. We will post the best options in our group for feedback.

Tampa Bay Update 05/02/2020:

Tailgate update:
I wanted to reach out since the schedule should be coming out May 9th. Since everyone with the Buccaneers is working from home we have a delay in reaching out to lot owners in regards to your tailgate. Once we get back to the office we should be able to resume assisting you in finding a lot nearby to tailgate in.

Ticket Update:
In the meantime, I plan on setting up a promo code, specific for your group of fans that would like to come to the Chiefs vs Buccaneers game. This will be active when the schedule comes out. It will give your group discounted tickets, instead of having to go to Ticketmaster and they will be seated together if they choose to. I will send this code to you soon.

I know there is a lot that has been put on hold as far as booking flights and hotels but please let me know if I can do anything to help out in the meantime.

Thank you and I look forward to talking with you soon.
Tamara​ LoBianco
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Bucs Ticket Update 05/22/2020

Hi Doug,

We do not have updates about the group tickets but I will let you know when we do. Have a great weekend!

Tam
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donate some items for the silent auction charity events:

From Annette Vandendriessche: Hello Fellow Chiefs Fans I am helping with planning the upcoming tailgates for Tampa and Miami. We would like to include those who make homemade DONATED items Chiefs related in our auction. We would also give out a roster list of all who donated with where to find the items. If you would be willing to help me coordinate this, please comment below. I need several willing to help coordinate collecting, packaging, and making the list. We will start asking for donations once we get closer to the date, but if you are a DIYer who makes CHIEFS items please consider donating. We all love our Chiefs and want to show off our love!! How many more days until football season???? GO CHIEFS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s the Jacksonville road trip thread. We turned the Jaguars stadium red.
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...3#post14651483

Miami and the Super Bowl events thread. It was kind of red for it being a $5K+ a ticket game:
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...4#post14748994

[Reply]
ptlyon 11:12 AM 02-14-2020
:-) doing the lords work,
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:24 AM 02-14-2020
So all the funds and ticket sales go to a Charity?
[Reply]
scho63 11:31 AM 02-14-2020
I'm going to try hard to get to the Tampa game for a variety of reasons. I greatly appreciate all your efforts.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:42 AM 02-14-2020
One of the best things about the Super Bowl experience in Miami for me was discovering Arrowhead South... awesome group.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:50 AM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So all the funds and ticket sales go to a Charity?
profit, yes. We had 40 volunteers. Cases of briskets donated etc. so the money going to charity increased. The Jacksonville events raised $15K. Still waiting on the final total for the Miami events but the charity money will definitely increase.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:32 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
profit, yes. We had 40 volunteers. Cases of briskets donated etc. so the money going to charity increased. The Jacksonville events raised $15K. Still waiting on the final total for the Miami events but the charity money will definitely increase.
:-)

That is awesome! 15k can help a lot of folks. Plus, you are supporting our team by taking over road stadiums!

Amazing job!!
[Reply]
Renegade 01:07 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
One of the best things about the Super Bowl experience in Miami for me was discovering Arrowhead South... awesome group.
When will the first Chapter of Arrowhead West (AKA Vegas Chapter) be established?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:27 PM 02-14-2020
Let me know if you raise any extra and are looking for charities to support :-)

This is an amazing thing you’re a part of BRC!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:03 PM 02-14-2020
Originally Posted by Renegade:
When will the first Chapter of Arrowhead West (AKA Vegas Chapter) be established?
We have had Chiefs groups in at least 8 different states that I can remember, ask about how Arrowhead South got to 13 chapters all over the state and in Texas and or how can I be a chapter etc.?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Let me know if you raise any extra and are looking for charities to support :-)

This is an amazing thing you’re a part of BRC!
These are legit bonded and insured 501.C events. Tax reciepts are given out to the winners of the auction item or those who donated items.

At the Jacksonville events, we had Twisted Chief give us 2 3rd row seats behind the Chiefs bench to auction off for charity. Got $500 for the tickets.

At the Miami events IA_Chief_fan bought $1500+ worth of signed Mahomes/Kelce etc memorabilia at the silent auction. So far every event has had a Planeteer kick in some extra money to help out the charities.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:53 AM 02-15-2020
For those who weren't at the Jacksonville event....

IT...WAS...KICKASS!!!

Yeah we all almost died of heat stroke....but man was it fun taking over their stadium. And meeting all the CP'ers that were there. It was also my opening to meet some of the group that became the JAX Chapter of Arrowhead South. We started out averaging 8-10 people a game and then grew. By the time the AFCG came around we had 60 squeezed into the patio area...and although I wasn't able to make it for the Super Bowl gathering there I heard it was even larger...to the point they took over the patio and one side of Miller's.

Would have loved to have been in KC to party with everyone but Arrowhead South is the next best thing!!

Thank you Doug for all you do for Arrowhead South!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:58 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
These are legit bonded and insured 501.C events. Tax reciepts are given out to the winners of the auction item or those who donated items.
Oh, totally. I run a 501c3 and am always looking for new partners - I had a feeling you all were booked up - but you never know when you can find a new connection!
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:01 AM 02-15-2020
I'm moving down to Fort Lauderdale and escaping the liberal enclave of Silver Spring, Maryland. So I'm actually very excited for these opportunities. Also catch some Royals games in Tampa and Miami as well.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:06 AM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
I'm moving down to Fort Lauderdale and escaping the liberal enclave of Silver Spring, Maryland. So I'm actually very excited for these opportunities. Also catch some Royals games in Tampa and Miami as well.
Fun part of living down here....no state tax so you automatically give yourself a raise.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up