ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 171
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:25 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just a heads up for fans, season 4 of The Last Kingdom hits Netflix on Sunday.
Thanks. I’m hooked.

Half the time I think it’s awesome. Half the time I think it sucks. But I can’t help but watch it anyway.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:35 PM 04-21-2020
Thanks. I'm hooked, too. I'm fascinated with British history.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:12 AM 04-22-2020
For all the succession fanbois here:

Succession but everyone wants some of Logan's M&Ms pic.twitter.com/pTxIyXWen4

— Ben Cahn (@Buncahn) October 13, 2019

[Reply]
Buehler445 12:51 PM 04-22-2020
LOL. Fuck off Greg!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:29 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Please watch "Dave".
Last night's episode was hitting on all cylinders. They got some good writers. It's rounding out into a very good show, not just a decent hang, but some 'must see' shit, appropriate to the thread at hand.

The scene running over the bunny was spot-on.

"Oh baby, it's still alive. We need to find a vet or something"
"I don't think we owe a custodial duty to vermin."
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:16 PM 05-04-2020
Anyone hyped for a Perry Mason reboot?

LA Crime, HBO, Matthew Rhys, and the good taste to put Radiohead in their trailer appropriately

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:32 AM 05-05-2020
I’m down. Rhys was really goddamned good in the Americans.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:52 AM 05-05-2020
The last series I really got into, so much so that I've seen every episode (63 of them) five times. It's Six Feet Under, it was on HBO from 2001 to 2005. Look at the cast, Richard Jenkins, Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, Freddy Rodriguez, Frances Conroy, Lauren Ambrose, Rachel Griffiths, Mathew St. Patrick and Jeremy Sisto. Even guest actors who played a few episodes became or were famous, Rainn Wilson before Dwight Schrute was Arthur, and Ben Foster was the confused friend of Claire, Lili Taylor, Joanna Cassidy, James Cromwell, Kathy Bates, Justin Theroux, Ed Begley Jr. and so many more. I think many actors would request to be on the show. I know the creator of The Office, Greg Daniels was a huge fan and that's how he found his Dwight.

It's about the Fisher family and their business, a funeral home in LA and how they go about their daily lives. I guess it could be considered a soap, but it's beyond whatever you would see on daytime TV, of course it's HBO. The show is available on HBO on-demand. Just watch the first episode, if that doesn't grab you, then don't watch anymore.

[Reply]
vailpass 02:45 PM 05-05-2020
Had never heard of this show until I read your post. I'm 3 seasons in and it's some of the dumbest shit I've ever loved. It even has good memes.

[Reply]
Buehler445 02:56 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Had never heard of this show until I read your post. I'm 3 seasons in and it's some of the dumbest shit I've ever loved. It even has good memes.

Early on it was pretty rough. But his acting has gotten a lot better and the interpersonal stuff is actually compelling regardless of a lot of hand waving crap.

Plus. I’m reminded I need to call people assling more.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:27 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Early on it was pretty rough. But his acting has gotten a lot better and the interpersonal stuff is actually compelling regardless of a lot of hand waving crap.

Plus. I’m reminded I need to call people assling more.
:-)

I'm a dumb ass. First season was my favorite though I like the rest.

Uhtred ****s everything that moves is one of the things that makes me laugh.
[Reply]
Hawk 05:12 PM 05-05-2020
Anybody check out Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist?

Pretty quirky show, but good humor, good musical numbers, good cast, and also hits you in the feels pretty good from time to time. Worth a watch if you're looking for something different.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:26 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Anybody check out Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist?

Pretty quirky show, but good humor, good musical numbers, good cast, and also hits you in the feels pretty good from time to time. Worth a watch if you're looking for something different.
I watch 99.9999% because Jane Levy is one of my onscreen kryptonites.

I'd sit 40 min a week to watch her surf twitter on her phone.

That said, that finale scene with Billy Joel's Lullaby was devastating. Particularly when you know the creator wrote it from personal experience with his own dad passing from the same thing.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:01 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I watch 99.9999% because Jane Levy is one of my onscreen kryptonites.

I'd sit 40 min a week to watch her surf twitter on her phone.

That said, that finale scene with Billy Joel's Lullaby was devastating. Particularly when you know the creator wrote it from personal experience with his own dad passing from the same thing.
Yeah, Jane Levy is awesomely adorable on this show. But that whole last 15 minutes of the finale was so emotional. Not a dry eye in our house after that. But I love that they balance it out with humor and songs, makes for a good combination.

The guy who plays Max (and was Jesse on Pitch Perfect) has a really good voice. I'm hoping they renew for a second season. I think they would have already if it weren't for the coronavirus uncertainties.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:22 AM 05-06-2020
I I thought this series ended at Season 3. After seeing this last, week I watched the 4th season. First part of Season 4 I thought was so-so, but it gets really good. Some character developments I didn't like.

I just think they've copied Daenerys Targaryen of Game of Thrones by turning Brida into a psychopathic killer. At least, she had some humanity in her before. I also didn't care for the turn of coldness in Æthelflæd toward Uhtred, after all he'd done for her when she turned his daughter over to the Danes without involving him in that decision. He always gets screwed and yet he always saves them. Plus, King Edward was such a childish, stupid king who constantly makes dumb decisions unlike his father. That includes not using Uhtred's knowledge of the Danes to help hi m win battles. In real like Edward was a more powerful king.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 171
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up