ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 64
« First < 5455152535455 56575859 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:48 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Every season Baltimore's FO is running the Kobayashi Maru again.
My god, what a nice pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
notorious 12:54 PM 01-29-2024
Baltimore is screwed.

Franchise guys don't just fall off of trees. How many QB's are capable of beating the Chiefs when it really matters? 1? Maybe?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:11 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Baltimore is screwed.

Franchise guys don't just fall off of trees. How many QB's are capable of beating the Chiefs when it really matters? 1? Maybe?
So far it's what, Burrow and Brady and Brady's retired. So yeah 1

lmao
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:31 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:

lmao
A little Joe Burrow ode to the Chiefs.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:34 PM 01-29-2024
Lamar Jackson is a guy who is fantastic, until he actually has to think. Once you force him to think instead of just react, it is over.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:38 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:

lmao
Allen is capable. Josh played a perfect game and had the lead with 13 seconds, but the Buffalo defense choked. Burrow just had a much better defense helping him win games. That Cincy defense was awesome in 2021 & 2022.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:41 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:42 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - this is the best Jackson will ever be.

It may not be the best roster he ever has - Baltimore still has a path to improving at a few key areas next season, but they have a couple ugly deals they'll have to deal with that we don't.

They're stuck with $40 million in Marlon Humphrey and Marcus Williams next season. And OBJ's pro-rated bonus from this year is on their books next year becuase of his voided deal. Lamar's deal is already 1/2 bonus next saeson so there's not a lot of money to move out of it. Likewise with Stanley.

We could get Sneed tagged and probably still have around $30 million of cap to play with after draft picks without much damage to the roster. The Ravens can maybe get to $20 million WITHOUT retaining anybody on their roster. If they bring back Queen and/or Madubuike, they're pretty much stuck with a 'run it back' season. In so doing, they'd lose both of their starting guards in the process.

And again, Lamar's peaked. Burrow is back next season. The Chiefs are likely to improve and the AFC North is going to be the same bloodbath it always is. They also have a 1st place schedule next year.

This was their best shot so now they'll have to hope to steal one going forward. It closes the door on any 'historical greatness' that Jackson could've achieved, IMO. Because now they may steal one before he's washed, but they ain't stealing two and they won't remain prohibitive favorites going forward.
I think if you're the Ravens you have to proceed as if you can get there.

Hell the last 2 years it would look like we were epic fucked and that's obviously not the case.

Let's see if I can trigger some Chiefs-TSD with this, but it's kind of a get in and make some noise kind of thing. Green Bay who wasn't a juggernaut and Detroit who had no business being there were really friggin close to making it happen. Those teams last January weren't necessarily contenders. But catch a few breaks, some guys break out for you and you can get some legs in the playoffs. It can happen, and I think that's what you have to play for if you're the Ravens.

Plus, if you just win the division, your life in the playoffs gets easier, and there is a good case to be made there. Watson is coming back (presumably) so Cleveland is going to be worse - somehow - don't ask, I just firmly believe butthole guy is washed. Presumably Burrow won't be dropped off, but they're losing guys off that defense and Higgins is probably gone right? Plus, there's even more film of Orlando Brown, and we know how he ages. Shitsburgh is probably fucked. Pickett is fire roasted assholes, and if they run it back with him, that lockerroom has to check out. There's just no way around it. It's possible they have a fairly easy path the playoffs.

Plus, I think if you're in the room, you know that if Mahomes doesn't exist, you're going to Vegas to play a team they blasted by 30. It's hard to walk away from.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:44 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:

Oh yeah, I really enjoyed the movie I watched recently about Joe Burrow. It's a damn shame that nasty dude David was so hard on him.

[Reply]
Rausch 01:46 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Plus, I think if you're in the room, you know that if Mahomes doesn't exist, you're going to Vegas to play a team they blasted by 30. It's hard to walk away from.
In none of the infinite number of multiverses would Lamar Jackson ever beat Mahomes in a playoff game. Ever.

Burro could. With injuries, luck, and bad officiating Allen could. Lamar isn't beating any top 10 QB in the divisional round. Not any of them...
[Reply]
Mecca 01:47 PM 01-29-2024
Joe Burrow the guy who after the Flowers penalty tweeted out "let the guys taunt"?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:24 PM 01-29-2024
Lamar Jackson.

6 years, 2 mvps, 2 playoff wins.

And they paid him.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 03:27 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Lamar Jackson.

6 years, 2 mvps, 2 playoff wins.

And they paid him.
Just like Flacco. Their team mascot shouldn't be a raven, it should be an albatross.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:30 PM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think if you're the Ravens you have to proceed as if you can get there.
Oh of course they do. They're married to the guy and he's ostensibly in his prime. They took a step forward this year over last and have a smart front office that can presumably do so again.

They have NO course but forward.

But it's not gonna work. All they can hope is that they get lucky because they simply will NOT beat the Chiefs straight up. They won't be better with Lamar Jackson under center than we will be with Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:39 PM 01-29-2024
Insane stat, since 2013 the Ravens are 0-24 when trailing by 10 or more at half. So not only is Lamar not equipped to play from behind talent wise, he was drafted onto a culture that sucked at playing from behind for 4 -5 years already.

Gotta take a good look at Harbaugh on that front. A frontrunner team that collapses when they get punched in the mouth?

Lamar is never gonna be the guy to bring you back 2 scores with his arm against a defense pinning their ears back.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 64
« First < 5455152535455 56575859 > Last »
Up