ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 64
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:43 PM 01-25-2020
Fuck the Ravens. I hate this team.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:43 PM 01-25-2020
Sometimes hard work doesn't get you shit in the NFL.

See: Tim Tebow
[Reply]
FringeNC 01:45 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Jackson didn’t play well in that game, but the entire Ravens squad looked sloppy. It wasn’t all on him. It’s reasonable to think teams will be better prepared for the Ravens’ offense next year, but to think they’re going to go from the number one offense in 2019, to just an average group next season, especially considering they aren’t losing anyone on offense, is dumb.
I don't mean the Titans game -- he sucked in that. I mean the Pro Bowl throwing contest -- that was an embarrassment. I wouldn't be surprised if next year Jackson has more than a few games like the SD playoff game. I really don't think his accuracy has improved since then -- it was scheme. Overall, I'm sure he'll have some big games, but I just don't see that offense with him winning a title.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:49 PM 01-25-2020
The biggest issue I had with his performance was not as much how poorly he threw but more of his nonchalant demeanor about it. Perhaps he thinks it’s no big deal, who knows. But if he can’t develop as a better passer then he will be out of the league, or a backup “gimmick” QB in about 4-5 years tops.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:52 PM 01-25-2020
Jackson didn’t play well in that game, but the entire Ravens squad looked sloppy. It wasn’t all on him. It’s reasonable to think teams will be better prepared for the Ravens’ offense next year, but to think they’re going to go from the number one offense in 2019, to just an average group next season, especially considering they aren’t losing anyone on offense, is dumb.
The Chiefs squad looked sloppy when they went down 24-0 to the Texans and we saw what the best QB in the league did about it. He led the team to 28 points in the 2nd quarter in comparison to Jackson who could only generate 12 points in spite of all his “yards”.
[Reply]
DCrockett 01:54 PM 01-25-2020
My take on this discussion is that as an NFL fan I am thankful for differing styles of play. I can appreciate Lamar being excellent in their offense. Styles of plays make match ups. I love watching a team like the Titans have to defend a team like the Ravens and then turn around and defend the Chiefs. They have a good defense but one of those two styles is going to find your weaknesses.

I agree that Lamar's style is more likely to lead to a shorter career, but we will see. Mahomes has had more injuries to this point and Luck (another pocket passer) is already out of the league.

I am beyond geeked out having having Mahomes on the Chiefs, but let's enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. I have no interest in taking today for granted.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:57 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The biggest issue I had with his performance was not as much how poorly he threw but more of his nonchalant demeanor about it. Perhaps he thinks it’s no big deal, who knows. But if he can’t develop as a better passer then he will be out of the league, or a backup “gimmick” QB in about 4-5 years tops.
It's a silly goofball event, so I'm not surprised he was nonchalant about it.

EDIT: Did you mean the playoff game? I thought you meant the silly skills challenge at Pro Bowl.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:45 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It's a silly goofball event, so I'm not surprised he was nonchalant about it.

EDIT: Did you mean the playoff game? I thought you meant the silly skills challenge at Pro Bowl.
Do you think Mahomes would have mailed it in like Jackson did?

No. Mahomes would have put on a show with the football and beat everyone handily, then he would have kicked their asses in ping pong, hitting a baseball, three-point shooting, golf, monopoly and horseshoes.

That winning self-drive to be the best at all times is the main difference between the two.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:49 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by CrookedTrump:
This thread is as smarmy as I've ever seen. As a Patriots fan, if this is how we sound then I apologize with all my heart because this thread is ridiculous. Yes Mahomes is great, best player in the league IMO. Russell Wilson is right behind him. Lamar is one dimensional but is clearly this years MVP. When Mahomes gets paid 40mil per year it will be interesting to see how good the the Chiefs will be - some weapons on both sides of the ball just can't be paid like they can now.
Enjoy your next 20 years of irrelevancy...
[Reply]
DRM08 04:50 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Do you think Mahomes would have mailed it in like Jackson did?

No. Mahomes would have put on a show with the football and beat everyone handily, then he would have kicked their asses in ping pong, hitting a baseball, three-point shooting, golf, monopoly and horseshoes.

That winning self-drive to be the best at all times is the main difference between the two.
Who knows. Mahomes chose not to participate in the 2019 version of it. One thing I noticed in the 2019 video. The announcers were giving Russell Wilson a hard time because apparently he was terrible in the 2018 edition of this goofball event. I guess the bottom line here is if Russell can struggle really bad with it, then we should probably give Lamar a pass. :-)
[Reply]
Shag 06:55 PM 01-25-2020
Is it? I see it kind of like the 08 Dolphins and the wildcat offense. Nobody knew how to stop it all season, because it was so different than what anyone had been doing. It flummoxed defenses, and averaged 7yds/play. The next season, defenses had figured it out in the offseason, and it was no longer effective.

We'll see if that turns out to be the case here, but I think it will be - I don't think they'll be a top-tier offense again.
[Reply]
wachashi 07:00 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Shag:
Is it? I see it kind of like the 08 Dolphins and the wildcat offense. Nobody knew how to stop it all season, because it was so different than what anyone had been doing. It flummoxed defenses, and averaged 7yds/play. The next season, defenses had figured it out in the offseason, and it was no longer effective.

We'll see if that turns out to be the case here, but I think it will be - I don't think they'll be a top-tier offense again.
Vegas disagrees. I'm certainly not rooting for them, but definitely respect the zone read offense as legitimate, especially with a guy like Lamar Jackson running it. They'll be really good again next year.
[Reply]
Shag 07:44 PM 01-25-2020
Vegas disagrees. I'm certainly not rooting for them, but definitely respect the zone read offense as legitimate, especially with a guy like Lamar Jackson running it. They'll be really good again next year.
Who cares about Vegas? Of the preseason super bowl odds, 5 of the top 10 didn't even make the playoffs. The Niners has the 18th best odds.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:08 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Shag:
Who cares about Vegas? Of the preseason super bowl odds, 5 of the top 10 didn't even make the playoffs. The Niners has the 18th best odds.
Well then go make your money next year betting against the Ravens. They'll be favored early, often, and by a lot. I hope you win.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:31 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I can't imagine anything more material than playoff performance. Lamar has a long way to go in that regard. The gimmick skills contest shows part of the reason he is struggling in playoff games.
Talking heads like Wiley want to give Lamar Jackson a pass on his poor playoff performances. I mentioned earlier, or in another thread, that Wiley and Deion Sanders both seem to go out of their way to make excuses for Jackson, and I think it's because of his skin color. Mahomes isn't "black" enough for them, so they support Jackson at all costs.

Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes have each played in 2 postseasons. Mahomes is 3-1 and Jackson is 0-2. And Jackson had the more complete team last year, but couldn't beat the Chargers at home. This year he couldn't beat the Titans at home. His poor play contributed greatly to both losses.

I personally think that Jackson can become a better passer, with better coaching, and that he can be a solid starting QB in this league. I don't feel the need to tear him down, and make disparaging comments about his talent, because his performances in the playoffs say it all.

I thank God, I thank the heavens and stars, and I thank fate and destiny, for delivering Chiefs Kingdom the QB we have deserved for so long. We couldn't have wished for a more perfect QB, or a better person, to be the face of our beloved Chiefs, and to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 15 of 64
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up