ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 80
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
Fish 10:03 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'd rather pay $160 like I have for 4 years and do the same as you (add in some home drinking). I am not asking for it for free but $300+ is a joke. Also, I need a new career like yours. Looking to be an apprentice soon.

Xoxo
Lewdog.
Unfortunately, you're not going to find much in the middle. You can do something like NFL Rewind, and can watch games after they've aired. Price is determined by whether you want to watch just your team or all teams. But it's not a bad option for a legit paid service. Can't watch live though.

The free/pirate options are legit quality these days though. Bandwidth has increased to the point where you can find a high quality stream for pretty much anything popular. NFL games are easy to stream in high quality, due to the limited number of them. You could install an app called Kodi on to your FireTV Stick, then install a Kodi plugin called ProSport and/or Castaway, and have access to almost all NFL games, including archived copies of the game to watch after it's been broadcast. The Kodi app ProSport works awesome for that. We have some threads in the media center discussing this, and you can always start a new thread asking to do whatever you're wanting. I'd be happy to tell you if it's possible, and if so how to do it.
[Reply]
Fish 10:04 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That doesn't make it legal
I know.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:02 AM 07-14-2016
Since AT&T has owned them for a year now, how is this working out compared to recent years?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:27 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Since AT&T has owned them for a year now, how is this working out compared to recent years?
Haven't tried yet
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:27 AM 07-14-2016
Ah, the ol' DTV dance. I'll call to cancel Sunday Ticket, they'll make me an offer, I'll haggle a little, then get it down $50 or $100 and say "I can do that". All the while I never was really going to cancel and of course they know that. Wait until April, rinse and repeat for Extra Innings.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:32 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Ah, the ol' DTV dance. I'll call to cancel Sunday Ticket, they'll make me an offer, I'll haggle a little, then get it down $50 or $100 and say "I can do that". All the while I never was really going to cancel and of course they know that. Wait until April, rinse and repeat for Extra Innings.
hahhaha, I will say this tho.... I spent years dealing with Comcast, DTV really does a damn good job with customer service and customer retention.
[Reply]
In58men 07:42 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'd rather pay $160 like I have for 4 years and do the same as you (add in some home drinking). I am not asking for it for free but $300+ is a joke. Also, I need a new career like yours. Looking to be an apprentice soon.

Xoxo
Lewdog.

Well if you're willing to pay $160, last year they offered a package to receive NFLST through your phone/tablet for $200. I used it for my iphone and it worked great.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:45 AM 07-14-2016
It's worth every penny at full cost. The money and effort to head to a sportbar is much more than that. It would be cool to have a cheaper single team or pay by game option.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:56 AM 07-14-2016
Lew if you need some help with money let me know
[Reply]
In58men 08:57 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It's worth every penny at full cost. The money and effort to head to a sportbar is much more than that. It would be cool to have a cheaper single team or pay by game option.
True, if you spend just $20 a week at a bar that's $360 for the entire season. I don't know about you, but I like to have a couple drinks and something to munch on.
[Reply]
In58men 08:57 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Lew if you need some help with money let me know
GoFundMe
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 09:00 AM 07-14-2016
20x 16=?
[Reply]
In58men 09:03 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
20x 16=?
360. 16 games in a season. I guess we do get a couple of televised games.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:05 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
True, if you spend just $20 a week at a bar that's $360 for the entire season. I don't know about you, but I like to have a couple drinks and something to munch on.
Plus it's pretty awkward sittin in a stool in public in your tighty whities!!!
[Reply]
DaFace 09:30 AM 07-14-2016
It's been a few years since I've done this, but...

1. I'd wait until a little closer to the start of the season. Seems like most people get their discounts in August.
2. Make sure you're talking to the retention department. Their normal customer service reps don't have the power to offer big discounts, so they are the ones who will likely just cancel the service immediately. At the voice prompt, say "cancel service" (without specifying anything about NFLST) to hopefully get to retention immediately.
3. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 80
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up