ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:59 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Definitely couldn’t be the Finals given the Lakers won that year.
You're right 128-127 triple overtone in the first round. We're in the fourth so there's plenty more basketball to watch.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:06 PM 04-11-2024
KU led all of NIL spending last year in 4M in distribution or so I read on social media. While maybe not the best used, good sign going forward that we got money for bball.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:21 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
KU led all of NIL spending last year in 4M in distribution or so I read on social media. While maybe not the best used, good sign going forward that we got money for bball.
Is that ball only, or all sports?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:47 PM 04-11-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Is that ball only, or all sports?
Bball only
[Reply]
Lzen 09:02 AM 04-12-2024
Bball only
Not a good return on investment. :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:42 AM 04-12-2024
How do you know that?
[Reply]
RustShack 12:12 PM 04-12-2024
Big12 basketball is going to be wild. Houston, Kansas, Arizona. Iowa State will probably be pre season top 10 and have a better team than this years as well. Hopefully we play in Lawrence this year, obviously I’d rather go to Hilton but y’all are a little closer from Overland Park.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:26 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
How do you know that?
This site says $7.4 mill total for KU… I can see MBB accounting for over half that, but I don’t know how that compares to other blueblood BB programs though.

https://nil-ncaa.com/

Overall Power 5 distribution of $ though suggests that $4 mil for KU BB would put it near the top.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:41 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
This site says $7.4 mill total for KU… I can see MBB accounting for over half that, but I don’t know how that compares to other blueblood BB programs though.

https://nil-ncaa.com/

Overall Power 5 distribution of $ though suggests that $4 mil for KU BB would put it near the top.
FWIW, Self said last night the 4 million was wrong and if we could actually spend that much he joked we would be landing Lebron and KD. It doesn't really surprise me that there are people running around trying to spread inflated numbers to try and drive up the price of players and I'd bet most of what is reported on social media is higher than reality.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:07 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Big12 basketball is going to be wild. Houston, Kansas, Arizona. Iowa State will probably be pre season top 10 and have a better team than this years as well. Hopefully we play in Lawrence this year, obviously I’d rather go to Hilton but y’all are a little closer from Overland Park.
The Big 12 was deep this year but probably slightly overrated overall. Next year I think it will be a legit monster.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:08 PM 04-12-2024
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
FWIW, Self said last night the 4 million was wrong and if we could actually spend that much he joked we would be landing Lebron and KD. It doesn't really surprise me that there are people running around trying to spread inflated numbers to try and drive up the price of players and I'd bet most of what is reported on social media is higher than reality.
I heard that Self was referring to a higher number that was floating around. Around 7 mil I think.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:58 PM 04-12-2024
Next year.....

But really - congrats a good year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:41 PM 04-12-2024
They do every year!

At this point they're basically the *checks NBA standings* Boston Celtics.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 06:25 AM 04-13-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I heard that Self was referring to a higher number that was floating around. Around 7 mil I think.
You might be right, but the math just seems way off if you break it down. The highest transfer guys have been rumoured to be in the 750k- 1 million range, so let's be optimistic and put hunter at 1 million. Kevin comes back let's put him at another very optimistic value at 750k. Now Jackson and Timberlake get maybe 300k each(seems extremely optimistic?) and you are still at 2.3 million. There is no way Harris KJ McDowell Braun and Furphy average 300k per person. That's why I tend to believe he was referring to the 4 million figure, as it's much easier to come up with a realistic value for each guy at say 2.5 million total.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:23 AM 04-13-2024
Somebody needs to take out the trash.

J/k, welcome back, Rust. I've been watching a lot of King Of The Hill lately. Dale's fake identity, Rusty Shackleford makes me think of your handle. Is that how you came up with it?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up