ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 72
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:54 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I would assume the Eagles are trying to get away from the Reid tree now so it makes sense.
The problem is they apparently thought the Eagles already had Josh McDaniels pegged as their guy and didn't seem to give the interview a fair chance.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:56 PM 01-21-2021
I would assume the Eagles are trying to get away from the Reid tree now so it makes sense.
So they picked from the Pioli/Todd Haley tree. Makes sense.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:57 PM 01-21-2021
Sirianni worked with Frank Reich, who also helped develop Carson Wentz.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:58 PM 01-21-2021
If Houston's all that's left, I think he'd be better off staying where he is.

The Texans are a flaming AIDS tree right now.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:02 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So they picked from the Pioli/Todd Haley tree. Makes sense.
I would assume the Reich ties are what counts here as they try to repair their ginger.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:04 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Sirianni worked with Frank Reich, who also helped develop Carson Wentz.
But didn’t call plays.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:05 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
But didn’t call plays.

Wow, Bieniemy is either the shittiest job interview in the history of job interviews or there's dirt on him that hasn't been made public.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:20 PM 01-21-2021
Wow, Bieniemy is either the shittiest job interview in the history of job interviews or there's dirt on him that hasn't been made public.
Makes you wonder.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:24 PM 01-21-2021
Maybe he's happy where he is and doesn't want to make a move? I mean, he's constantly beaten over the head with this Rooney Rule crap, but that doesn't mean he personally cares about it.

I'd rather stay in KC than start from scratch in somebody else's dumpster fire. Perhaps he feels the same way.
[Reply]
tk13 03:37 PM 01-21-2021
I'm sure the stuff at Colorado does not help, and it doesn't get mentioned much.

But that was a long time ago, and there always excuses. Jags just hired Urban Meyer and there's a guy who's coached teams with all kinds of off the field problems. Basically every excuse you could make not to hire EB, there's a hire out there that blows your argument up. Especially in a league where Adam Gase gets hired twice. Pretty much ends the argument right there.

The other thing is it's pretty clear the popular thing to do right now is hire young assistants in that 35-40 year old range. That never would have happened 10 years ago.
[Reply]
kevrunner 03:45 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Maybe his agents are incompetent buffoons. Remember this tweet?

IIRC, Bieniemy never ended up interviewing with the Eagles despite their interest, and they hired Nick Sirianni today.
Looks like EB chose not to be interviewed by the Eagles, seems legit sense the Eagles made it publicly known they wanted to interview EB and the interview never happened.

Yeah same day we interviewed Bowles we were supposed to interview Bieniemy and he never responded back but interviewed with the Texans. Rumors were that Reid and Vitt (?) told him not to because of how we treated Doug
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:48 PM 01-21-2021
EB won Sporting News Coordinator of the year award
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 01-21-2021
Bieniemy has interviewed with more than a dozen teams in the past year, all of which have passed on him to hire younger and less impressive coaches, at least in terms of accomplishments.

No one on CP is rooting against another team hiring Bieniemy but it's certainly looking like he's not going to nab a head coaching gig this year, unless the dumpster fire knowns as the Texans make him an offer.
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:54 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Reports are that EB wants partial personnel control. I don’t think he’s taking the job to sit back and not have any say in personnel.
If that's the case, he won't be the coach of the Texans. One, they have Caserio and two, they just gave a head coach personnel duties and it was a disaster.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:58 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Looks like EB chose not to be interviewed by the Eagles, seems legit sense the Eagles made it publicly known they wanted to interview EB and the interview never happened.

Yeah same day we interviewed Bowles we were supposed to interview Bieniemy and he never responded back but interviewed with the Texans. Rumors were that Reid and Vitt (?) told him not to because of how we treated Doug
Honestly, if Joe Vitt and Andy told him that, good on them.

They fired a SB winning coach because they want to cling to a QB that is broken and probably will never be a winner again.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 72
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up