ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 524 of 3903
« First < 24424474514520521522523524 52552652752853457462410241524 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:17 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The effort is to keep people employed. If people can return to work instead of looking for a new job it will be a tremendous relief on the economy when things start to loosen up.
Shut up, pete.

Just shut up.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:17 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, but lines like that are never bright line and will slide really quickly. That's why I asked if it's a 'wink/nod' sorta thing. Is there a true black-letter definition of 'end of the line'? That wouldn't seem terribly likely.

Who's really going to call physicians on the carpet for it?

Is this just the FDA protecting themselves if things go completely haywire and this thing goes sideways in a month? "Hey, we told physicians not to go throwing these out all willy nilly until it was tested further. Not our fault they did it any contradiction of federal guidelines..."

It just sounds like a shifting of liability more than a true bright line cut-off.
Compassionate use exemptions are get out of jail free cards for providers. The drugs they get are in very limited supply, and the manufacturer sees only upside from it because if it works, it's a miracle, and if it fails they were dead anyway.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:18 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
One of my best friends is an ER doctor of 20 years that runs an ER at UCLA and at a hospital 10 minutes from my home.

I'll take that person's word over yours, pete.

STOP POSTING FALSE INFORMATION.
Good for him. I don't give a fuck who you know. I work for a health system that is actually dealing with this shit. Now go back in your plastic bubble and cry because people in Hollywood are out walking around.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:18 PM 03-20-2020
Shut up, pete.

Just shut up.
Fuck off you pretentious ass.
[Reply]
Fish 01:21 PM 03-20-2020
Good news..

Saint Luke’s Health System setting up drive-thru testing for patients, employees

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -- Saint Luke’s Health System has two - soon to be three - COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites up and running.

The appointment-only drive-thru sites are available to Saint Luke’s patients and employees who have been referred by Saint Luke’s physicians.

Current locations include Blue Springs, Shoal Creek in the Northland, and soon, Mission Farms in Overland Park.

Only patients or employees who meet the following criteria are eligible for this testing:

1. Fever of 100 degrees or higher, a new cough, or shortness of breath, AND

2. Are (a) immunocompromised, (b) have been exposed to someone with known or suspected COVID-19, OR (c) work in a health care setting

Again, this drive-thru testing is by appointment only and requires a physician referral. Those without a referral or an appointment will not be tested.

With the increasing number of cases due to community spread in our area, Saint Luke’s is working diligently to prioritize testing of those who are at greater risk. Most cases of COVID-19 are mild and don’t require medical treatment.

If you have the symptoms listed above, but no additional risk factors, you should self-isolate for 14 days. Limit your contact with others in your household as much as possible and monitor your symptoms. If symptoms worsen, contact your provider or seek emergency care.

Saint Luke’s is asking for everyone’s help to protect the community by following CDC guidance on how we can prevent the spread of infection, including social distancing, vigilant hand hygiene, staying home when sick, avoiding close contact with people who are ill, avoiding touching your face, covering coughs or sneezes with a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash, and regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:23 PM 03-20-2020

The bottom line is that we just don't know very much at this point in time because not even 5% of the population has been tested, let alone, 25% or 50%.
I understand your point of view, but you realize even South Korea hasn't tested even 1% of their population.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:23 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by neech:
Yeah I heard your state is about to shutdown.
Already happening. As of now, the title company is remaining open to do the close, just need someone from our attorney's office to show up, and me of course. Movers have confirmed that they are considered essential transportation. Comcast assuring they'll show up to do the cable install.

Not an ideal situation but me and mine are healthy for the time being.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:24 PM 03-20-2020
524 pages and I am getting a great handle on which of you are the true dipshits
[Reply]
petegz28 01:25 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Good news..

Saint Luke’s Health System setting up drive-thru testing for patients, employees

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -- Saint Luke’s Health System has two - soon to be three - COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites up and running.

The appointment-only drive-thru sites are available to Saint Luke’s patients and employees who have been referred by Saint Luke’s physicians.

Current locations include Blue Springs, Shoal Creek in the Northland, and soon, Mission Farms in Overland Park.

Only patients or employees who meet the following criteria are eligible for this testing:

1. Fever of 100 degrees or higher, a new cough, or shortness of breath, AND

2. Are (a) immunocompromised, (b) have been exposed to someone with known or suspected COVID-19, OR (c) work in a health care setting

Again, this drive-thru testing is by appointment only and requires a physician referral. Those without a referral or an appointment will not be tested.

With the increasing number of cases due to community spread in our area, Saint Luke’s is working diligently to prioritize testing of those who are at greater risk. Most cases of COVID-19 are mild and don’t require medical treatment.

If you have the symptoms listed above, but no additional risk factors, you should self-isolate for 14 days. Limit your contact with others in your household as much as possible and monitor your symptoms. If symptoms worsen, contact your provider or seek emergency care.

Saint Luke’s is asking for everyone’s help to protect the community by following CDC guidance on how we can prevent the spread of infection, including social distancing, vigilant hand hygiene, staying home when sick, avoiding close contact with people who are ill, avoiding touching your face, covering coughs or sneezes with a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash, and regularly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We are doing all we can, contrary to what some think they know. I have spent the better part of the last two weeks working with teams to implement measures to keep nurses and doctors as safe as we can while dealing with patients who isolated. As well as working out ways so the patients can communicate with their families while isolated.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 03-20-2020
Good for him. I don't give a fuck who you know. I work for a health system that is actually dealing with this shit. Now go back in your plastic bubble and cry because people in Hollywood are out walking around.
WTF is wrong with you?

You've had 59 jobs since you joined Chiefsplanet and ARE NOT a health care professional.

Do you think that 40 million people would be on LOCKDOWN if anyone could just get a test?

Do you think that other states would shut down their academic school year if anyone and everyone could just get a test?

You're COMPLETELY full of shit.
[Reply]
Donger 01:27 PM 03-20-2020
We are doing all we can, contrary to what some think they know. I have spent the better part of the last two weeks working with teams to implement measures to keep nurses and doctors as safe as we can while dealing with patients who isolated. As well as working out ways so the patients can communicate with their families while isolated.
Do you still think masks don't do jack shit, pete?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:28 PM 03-20-2020
Fuck off you pretentious ass.
Pretentious? Am I the person that's been spreading falsehoods in this thread?

No.

I am the person claiming to be a health care professional when in reality, I'm not?

No.

That would be YOU, pete.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:29 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you still think masks don't do jack shit, pete?
The masks that most people are wearing? they don't do shit. And the doctors here will tell you that. Washing your hands and keeping away from sick people is the best thing still.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:30 PM 03-20-2020
WTF is wrong with you?

You've had 59 jobs since you joined Chiefsplanet and ARE NOT a health care professional.

Do you think that 40 million people would be on LOCKDOWN if anyone could just get a test?

Do you think that other states would shut down their academic school year if anyone and everyone could just get a test?

You're COMPLETELY full of shit.
Not only are you pretentious, you have a reading comprehension problem. Please just out me on ignore and go back in your bubble and cry because we haven't tested 350 million people.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:31 PM 03-20-2020
I work in Springfield, MO. I work 4 10's. In a time a lot of businesses are shutting their doors, a lot of guys were required to work today. People took notice.
[Reply]
Page 524 of 3903
« First < 24424474514520521522523524 52552652752853457462410241524 > Last »
Up