ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 319
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not like you’d be relying on either guy for the entire season.

For somebody that wants to focus on OL, you sure are picky and have unrealistic expectations.
but he's OH SO WITTY.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:37 PM 03-04-2021
Fix the offensive line!

But only bring in quality, young starters that are cheap to do it!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:40 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fix the offensive line!

But only bring in quality, young starters that are cheap to do it!
Yeah I don't get it.

Look, if Fisher needs 3 games to be game ready, wouldn't you feel okay with Jason Peters for those 3 games? I would.

And then the rest of the way, he's a swing guy that can fill in anywhere on the line with tons of experience and knows the system?

and he'll be CHEAP.

I really don't see the downside.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:44 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not like you’d be relying on either guy for the entire season.

For somebody that wants to focus on OL, you sure are picky and have unrealistic expectations.
:-) Yes, let's sign a damn near 40 year old man coming off the IR to back up our Ts coming off achilles and back surgery.

Sounds almost as good as signing a broke dick that tore tendons in both knees running down the field to back up our Gs that both haven't been involved in organized football for over a year and that are coming off hip surgery and being a known brokedick in his own right.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:44 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I personally think that's a lot too and wouldn't be surprised to see them do less, especially if they tender Wylie, for example.

But so many people want new starting tackles plus everything else, I think it's going to end up being a common gripe.
The Chiefs have had a premiere offensive line for the past several years yet people bitched continually about LDT, Wylie, Reiter and Fisher, despite leading the league in scoring or being in the Top 3.

What I've come to learn with this crowd is that the offensive line will never, ever be sufficient because every player will be compared to the 2002-2004 line, which of course, won absolutely nothing but was "great".
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:45 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well yeah. People didn't want Andy Reid, hated Spags, and didn't want Honey Badger either.

LDT is a slightly above average starter, in my opinion. He's not a PLUS player, but you don't have to help him.

Osemele may not be his former self. But he's working hard to get on the field again, according to some video posted a while back. Even if he doesn't play again, Alegretti looked like an average to slightly above average starter; a more physical LDT. That's fine. He's not a problem.

I just want to upgrade from Reiter and Wylie as starters mostly.
You understand that likely isn't happening, right? Reiter is a really good center and, while I really like LDT, I'm not sure he's that much better than Wylie at G.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:49 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Yes, let's sign a damn near 40 year old man coming off the IR to back up our Ts coming off achilles and back surgery.

Sounds almost as good as signing a broke dick that tore tendons in both knees running down the field to back up our Gs that both haven't been involved in organized football for over a year and that are coming off hip surgery and being a known brokedick in his own right.

as opposed to what exactly?

If they pass a physical and they're back-ups what is your problem with it?

Do you not think Jason Peters would be better than Remmers?

Do you not think Osemele after passing a physical is better than Wylie?

Would you prefer to spend a bunch of cap money that we don't have?

Or do you just like to throw shit like a monkey without offering any other options?

I think it's the latter.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:50 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You understand that likely isn't happening, right? Reiter is a really good center and, while I really like LDT, I'm not sure he's that much better than Wylie at G.
Reiter is NOT a really good center and I don't care what PFF says.

And Wylie is shitty.

I don't care what you say.

Not on this topic. They're not worthy.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:50 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed come May that they "didn't do enough" for the offensive line.

I expect a fairly high profile FA signing and maybe some depth / scrub signings, as well as one high-isn pick (maybe 2nd round) and one later.

Overall, I expect we'll get ONE starter out of the whole process (the one high profile FA) and people are going to be upset that they've pencilled in Fisher and Schwartz to start the season.
The OL is pretty much set IMO. They think Fisher and Schwartz will be back, Niang is coming back (who they are high on) and Allegretti/Wylie are coming back who they are also high on.

What happens with Reiter remains to be seen next week. If he’s priced out then I think our main addition to the unit is a C. If he’s back then I really don’t see an issue there?

We are actually pretty solid at G. Niang is probably going to take one of those spots and LDT or Wylie are probably our RG. I low key think Rankin could steal that RG spot due to his play in 2019. It wasn’t fair to him with covid bc literally everywhere shut down. That’s awful for a player that needed to do rehab.

It just doesn’t seem like there will be a starting spot available for a rookie unless it’s at C. Well unless a freak occurrence happens and Teven Jenkins is somehow available, we’d play him at RG (he’s played there before) then kick him out to tackle. But the odds of that happening are very slim.

I think that if we want to see starters produce early from the draft, then we need to look at receiver, C (Reiter possible replacement), pass rusher and LB.

I hate doing mocks before FA though. It’s fun but we need to see what the roster looks like after some signings before we can get a better picture of what our draft might look like.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:54 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
as opposed to what exactly?

If they pass a physical and they're back-ups what is your problem with it?

Do you not think Jason Peters would be better than Remmers?

Do you not think Osemele after passing a physical is better than Wylie?

Would you prefer to spend a bunch of cap money that we don't have?

Or do you just like to throw shit like a monkey without offering any other options?

I think it's the latter.
I already have spelled it out, multiple times, and it's been blatantly misconstrued as something unreasonable like wanting all 5 starters replaced in one off season so fuck it. I'll just shitpost the whole way through.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:55 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
A "healthy" LDT is a bit of an upgrade from Wylie. But if LDT plays like he did in 2019, it's nearly a wash.

Wylie isn't going to the Pro Bowl nor is he making anyone's All Pro ballot but he's a guy that can play well when surrounded by talent greater than his on both sides.

But if he's stuck next to a Mike Remmers or has to play Right Tackle, he's a liability, not an asset.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:56 PM 03-04-2021
I already have spelled it out, multiple times, and it's been blatantly misconstrued as something unreasonable like wanting all 5 starters replaced in one off season so **** it. I'll just shitpost the whole way through.
You’re looking at maybe 1 new starter on the OL with development draft picks later on in the draft. Might as well accept that now.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:58 PM 03-04-2021
I already have spelled it out, multiple times, and it's been blatantly misconstrued as something unreasonable like wanting all 5 starters replaced in one off season so **** it. I'll just shitpost the whole way through.
you answered none of my questions.

So you just want to be a monkey throwing shit. Ok.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:00 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
A "healthy" LDT is a bit of an upgrade from Wylie. But if LDT plays like he did in 2019, it's nearly a wash.

Wylie isn't going to the Pro Bowl nor is he making anyone's All Pro ballot but he's a guy that can play well when surrounded by talent greater than his on both sides.

But if he's stuck next to a Mike Remmers or has to play Right Tackle, he's a liability, not an asset.
What I would like is a guy you don't have to help, which is basically what you're saying I think. A guy that can hold his own; and I don't think Wylie or Reiter are that guy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:02 PM 03-04-2021
I think it's pretty likely we're not signing any pro bowl level offensive linemen in their prime.

I think that leaves over the hill guys and undervalued players along with draftees.

That can work if your expectations are realistic.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 319
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up