ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 319
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 03-02-2021
I like Hitchens alot. They need to have Gay take over and maybe grab another LB somewhere. If one of the top one in the first falls to 31 that they think can be a 3 down dude, go for it.

Otherwise, they need investments at DE and on the OL.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 AM 03-02-2021
I think we need to look at a LB in the mid rounds if an athletic one with size is there because Neimann is a big liability unless it’s 3rd and long.

As for FA, Veach is just guessing. Nobody can know for sure how the cards will fall but I do think there will be opportunity in that 2nd wave a FA.

Linsley probably isn’t happening. That guy will probably be one of the first FA’s signed and I bet he’ll get north of $13 million AAV
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:43 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think we need to look at a LB in the mid rounds if an athletic one with size is there because Neimann is a big liability unless it’s 3rd and long.

As for FA, Veach is just guessing. Nobody can know for sure how the cards will fall but I do think there will be opportunity in that 2nd wave a FA.

Linsley probably isn’t happening. That guy will probably be one of the first FA’s signed and I bet he’ll get north of $13 million AAV
Many pundits have suggested Reiter will get $10M AAV or more. Maybe the Chiefs are ready to play in that market to get an upgrade?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 03-02-2021

Jamin Davis.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:13 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Many pundits have suggested Reiter will get $10M AAV or more. Maybe the Chiefs are ready to play in that market to get an upgrade?
See I don’t get the love for Linsley? I think it’s too much of a focus on the Super Bowl, which is ironic bc Reiter really wasn’t that bad.

Speaking of, Reiter has been serviceable. He’s most certainly not a big problem like Wylie. If we can get him back at a fair deal I’d say do it. If not? Who cares? This draft is very good at C. We could definitely get a quality C in rd 2.

IMO if we’re going to be spending big money it needs to be for a pass rusher. That was a big problem last year and I don’t see it getting any better without another force opposite of Clark.

And yeah if we draft a DE rd 1 that will be fine, but I think that’s the underlying problem. But hey I’m still of the opinion that LT is on the table in round 1. The value at that position looks to be as good as any draft I’ve ever seen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 03-02-2021
See I don’t get the love for Linsley? I think it’s too much of a focus on the Super Bowl, which is ironic bc Reiter really wasn’t that bad.

Speaking of, Reiter has been serviceable. He’s most certainly not a big problem like Wylie. If we can get him back at a fair deal I’d say do it. If not? Who cares? This draft is very good at C. We could definitely get a quality C in rd 2.

IMO if we’re going to be spending big money it needs to be for a pass rusher. That was a big problem last year and I don’t see it getting any better without another force opposite of Clark.

And yeah if we draft a DE rd 1 that will be fine, but I think that’s the underlying problem. But hey I’m still of the opinion that LT is on the table in round 1. The value at that position looks to be as good as any draft I’ve ever seen.
I honestly don't see them going into the season with a rookie starting on the offensive line. They could take a tackle but I imagine he'd be a backup.

As for center, Reiter was adequate, sure. Linsley is a clear upgrade though, and if the price differential is $3M AAV on $10M plus, I'm taking Linsley without hesitation. It's all about market price.

Now if Reiter wants to come back at say $6M AAV, then that's a completely different discussion. And as with OT, I don't see them starting the season with a rookie starting at center.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:25 AM 03-02-2021
Hope everyone doesn’t jump off the cliff when they bring back Wylie.

Originally Posted by :
“I certainly think it’ll be a combination of both,” Veach responded. “We do like some of the young players, their progress and their development. Andrew Wylie is showing he can play on a consistent level at that guard position, and [Nick] Allegretti took a step forward. We’re anxious to get [Lucas] Niang back, so we have a nice blend of young players that will continue to get better and will continue to improve — but certainly, our focus will be to bring in some new talent.”

[Reply]
staylor26 10:29 AM 03-02-2021
He’s right though. Wylie is fine at G, you just don’t want him to EVER play T again.
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 03-02-2021
He's "fine" at guard. I don't think he's necessarily good, but with a billion dollar QB and weapons and such, people need to get accustomed to having to make due somewhere.

G seems to be where this front office wants to do that at
[Reply]
RunKC 10:39 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s right though. Wylie is fine at G, you just don’t want him to EVER play T again.
Wylie is always the one getting his ass beat no matter where he plays. I see it at least twice every game I watch.

It’s bizarre that people don’t see that
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:40 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hope everyone doesn’t jump off the cliff when they bring back Wylie.
No GM is perfect.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:41 AM 03-02-2021
Wylie is always the one getting his ass beat no matter where he plays. I see it at least twice every game I watch.

It’s bizarre that people don’t see that
Nobody is saying he’s an All-Pro at G or even good, but he’s serviceable and if he’s your worst starter on the OL (at G), you’re doing alright.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 AM 03-02-2021
To be clear, I don’t think Wylie should even be a starter. Ideally, he’s your first G off the bench.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 03-02-2021
I think Rankin is a better fit at guard than he is tackle.

LDT, Allegretti, Rankin and Wylie. Add in Osemele on a one year deal and I think you’re good at guard.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 11:10 AM 03-02-2021
I would quite like to see Jarrad Davis from the Lions bought in a LB. Makes sense as a cheap low risk high reward option who is a former 1st round pick.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 319
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Up