ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Matt Miller’s 7 round mock draft
The Franchise 12:48 PM 02-06-2020

All 7 rounds of the 2020 NFL draft predicted right here. https://t.co/1bsZ4k0W4k

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) February 3, 2020

32. Kansas City Chiefs: CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah

If watching Deebo Samuel carve up this defense wasn't enough evidence, keep in mind the Chiefs have only two corners under contract for 2020. This is a major need and thankfully at a deep group of players in this draft.

Johnson has excellent size and would be ideal in the Kansas City defense. He can press or play off. He's big enough to handle physical receivers. With only Charvarius Ward set to return as a starter, this is the bigger need than complementary pieces on offense.

64. CHIEFS: WR Gabriel Davis, UCF
96. CHIEFS: RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Vanderbilt
135. CHIEFS: IOL Trystan Colon-Castillo, Missouri
178. CHIEFS: TE Josiah Deguara, Cincinnati
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:09 PM 02-06-2020
Colon-Castillo is a Webb City HS grad. Interesting fit there.

I’d be surprised if they don’t draft a LBer but I guess these all make some sense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:14 PM 02-06-2020
Grant Delpit at 39?? What happened to that guy?

(I know he’s not a Chiefs need, just thought he was a lock for top 10 not long ago)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:16 PM 02-06-2020
I feel like the Raiders and Broncos both may come out with stud receivers in R1 (like Miller projects), which makes CB all the more significant for us.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 02-06-2020
For the first time in my entire life, I couldn't care less who or what positions the Chiefs draft in 2020.

I used to spend so much time watching college ball, all the bowl games including the Shrine & Senior Bowls, every minute of The Combine and read each and every article written about the Chiefs on any internet site in an attempt to find a "Gem" or players that could contribute immediately.

Now, it just doesn't matter because the Chiefs have their Hall-of-Fame in waiting QB, who covers up any and all personnel mistakes. That said, Veach has done amazing work the past 2 years and it's silly that he's not Executive of the Year.

But yeah, CB, LB, RB, WR, TE, D-line, O-line - just whatever. I'd prefer to see the Chiefs grab a great running back and wide receiver in a super deep draft at those positions but seriously, whoever they draft will more than likely be a solid contributor next season.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Veach trades out of #32 and snags an additional 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder, especially since the Chiefs don't have a 6th or 7th. Personally, I'd rather have a pair of 3rd rounders to use as ammo to trade up or to use on a plyer, rather than taking a guy at #32.

Their window is wide open and I'd be more than happy to bypass the 5th Year Option (when Mahomes would be nearly 30 years old to start the season) to grab two solid contributors instead of one this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 02-06-2020
By “carving” up does he mean having just having 39 yards on 5 receptions? All of Samuel’s big plays came on reverses.

CB is at the top of my list, just thought that part was funny/stupid.

Not a huge fan of the 2nd rounder even though I haven’t watched him, but I like Johnson and Vaughn.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:58 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
By “carving” up does he mean having just having 39 yards on 5 resections? All of Samuel’s big plays came on reverses.

Not a huge fan of the 2nd rounder even though I haven’t watched him, but I like Johnson and Vaughn.
Yeah I was gonna say, Samuel did most of his damage on carries.

Emmanuel Sanders was M.I.A.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:02 PM 02-06-2020
Dane McCloud.... long time no see.

We had our share of dumb arguments in the past. Better days have arrived.

You’re doggone right... hope the week has been every bit as enjoyable as you ever could have imagined.

SB CHAMPS!
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:42 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
By “carving” up does he mean having just having 39 yards on 5 receptions? All of Samuel’s big plays came on reverses.

I think it’s all going to depend on if they can bring back either Breeland or Fuller. And I also wouldn’t be surprised if Veach tries to complete another trade like he did for Ward.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:43 PM 02-06-2020
I think we’d all agree that every single member of the secondary, hell the defense, met or exceeded expectations in the last 2-3 months.

We’re going to have to trust our coaches, who are very good, to continue to maximize the players we have. But guys like Breeland and Fuller are likely gone.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:55 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think we’d all agree that every single member of the secondary, hell the defense, met or exceed expectations in the last 2-3 months.

We’re going to have to trust our coaches, who are very good, to continue to maximize the players we have. But guys like Breeland and Fuller are likely gone.
I think it would be wise, if possible, to retain Breeland on a 3 year deal.

Fuller performed best, IMO, as a safety and I'd take him in a heartbeat if he'd come back on a reasonable deal.

With that said, I do expect both to explore the market before making a decision. Neither of these guys were Chiefs to start their careers and now that they both have Super Bowl rings, they may want to maximize their earnings before it's too late.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:15 PM 02-06-2020
The best positions in this class appear to be WR and corner. Very deep on both sides.

We know teams are gonna load up their offense to score. Get corners to defend the pass. Broncos IMO will be our biggest threat to the division and they are gonna load up on offense.

Vic Fangio on how to beat the Chiefs:

(*FWIW, Fangio is correct about all by one small thing: There were two Chiefs losses in which their opponent scored fewer than 31 points. In addition to the Colts, the Chargers scored 29 in their 2018 win over KC.) pic.twitter.com/x9ASppzUzP

— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) February 6, 2020

Based on Brady rumors, the Patriots are gonna load up on receivers too.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:30 PM 02-06-2020
I feel like the draft I posted a few days ago holds up pretty well against this one.

I think if the first round fell this way that we'd have to try to trade out of the 32nd pick. There's a lot of talent in the first ten picks of that second round that have been projected first rounders the last few months.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:36 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The best positions in this class appear to be WR and corner. Very deep on both sides.

We know teams are gonna load up their offense to score. Get corners to defend the pass. Broncos IMO will be our biggest threat to the division and they are gonna load up on offense.

Based on Brady rumors, the Patriots are gonna load up on receivers too.
He can throw the Colts one completely out too because that was without Hill, Watkins, and Fisher. Those 3 pieces are so important that it was never going to take 30 points to win. The running game made it take even less. And that’s not even considering that Mahomes had a bad ankle.

If Mahomes is healthy, it’s gonna take 30+ to beat the Chiefs on the vast majority of days and even that may not be enough. Tough deal all around.

I will say that I dread the thought of having to play CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy twice a year. But whatever.
[Reply]
penchief 03:48 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
For the first time in my entire life, I couldn't care less who or what positions the Chiefs draft in 2020.

I used to spend so much time watching college ball, all the bowl games including the Shrine & Senior Bowls, every minute of The Combine and read each and every article written about the Chiefs on any internet site in an attempt to find a "Gem" or players that could contribute immediately.

Now, it just doesn't matter because the Chiefs have their Hall-of-Fame in waiting QB, who covers up any and all personnel mistakes. That said, Veach has done amazing work the past 2 years and it's silly that he's not Executive of the Year.

But yeah, CB, LB, RB, WR, TE, D-line, O-line - just whatever. I'd prefer to see the Chiefs grab a great running back and wide receiver in a super deep draft at those positions but seriously, whoever they draft will more than likely be a solid contributor next season.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Veach trades out of #32 and snags an additional 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder, especially since the Chiefs don't have a 6th or 7th. Personally, I'd rather have a pair of 3rd rounders to use as ammo to trade up or to use on a plyer, rather than taking a guy at #32.

Their window is wide open and I'd be more than happy to bypass the 5th Year Option (when Mahomes would be nearly 30 years old to start the season) to grab two solid contributors instead of one this year.
I feel similar. The draft will be interesting but not vital. I trust Veach to find good players. He's built an impressive resume in just two years by utilizing all available means. Trades (Clark, Ward, Rankin, Ogbah, Fuller, Lee, Ragland, Erving), Free Agents (Mathieu, Breeland, Wilson, Williams, Okafor, Watkins, Hitchens), Off the Street (Pennel, Wisnieski, Moore), and the draft (Hardman, Thornhill, Saunders, Fenton, Nnadi).

There is good reason for optimism.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up