ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
InChiefsHeaven 08:19 AM 05-17-2019
Just opened a new exhibit today:

\https://www.omaha.com/living/zoo/hen...8b21352e1.html

Say what you want about Omaha, but we have the best zoo in the country hands down, and maybe even the world. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the visit. Plan on a day at least, it's friggin' huge. Check out their site:

http://www.omahazoo.com/exhibits

*InChiefsHell is a citizen of Nebraska but was not paid in any way for this endorsement. He just really thinks the zoo is the shit*
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:50 PM 05-17-2019
The gorillas there are aggro, brah

[Reply]
Oxford 12:58 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
"While Jim wrestles the panther, I slide into the tent of the tribes princess with a pitcher of Mai Tais"
With my Mutual of Omaha preferred health plan..............
[Reply]
OmahaChief 01:02 PM 05-17-2019
Love our zoo. We are members and go about 15 times a year. Sometimes we only go to see certain animals or things so it is a short trip but my kids love going so I want to take advantage of that as long as I can. I got a preview of the new exhibit and it is really nice.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:20 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Orchids of Asia exhibit would be popular
I had to look that up, but yes. Petting zoos have appeal.
[Reply]
scho63 01:49 PM 05-17-2019
I know this sounds corny coming from a single guy who is 55 about to be 56 but I LOVE Zoos and Aquariums. Thank for posting!

Been to a shitload over my lifetime.

Bronx Zoo (NY)
Turtleback Zoo (NJ)
Philadelphia Zoo
San Diego Zoo
San Francisco Zoo (sucked)
Kansas City Zoo (really enjoyed especially the Elephant Walk trail)
National Zoo (Wash DC and ITS FREE!)
Baltimore Harbor Aquarium
New England Aquarium (Boston)
Monterey Bay Aquarium (Fantastic)
Taronga Zoo Sydney (Australia)
Beijing Zoo (China)
Toronto Zoo (Canada)
Acuario Nacional de Cuba
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:12 PM 05-17-2019
I tried to watch the video or see pics but so mochas content and other crap popped up or was in the video I just bounced. I guess if I want to see animals I will have to walk up the hill behind my house or leave the lids off the garbage cans
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:02 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
$22? KC is only $16
$16? STL is only $0.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:03 PM 05-17-2019
I'm a huge big cat fan so I love Zoos. Lions and Tigers are some badass animals.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:05 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
$16? STL is only $0.
You don't want to know how they feed the lions.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 06:50 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
The gorillas there are aggro, brah

Dude, did that glass crack in that video?

Yeah, I'd be hightailing it out of there too.:-)
[Reply]
bobbymitch 09:26 PM 05-17-2019
I have been all through the back rooms of that place. It was fascinating that in the middle of the great plains, they were studying coral production in warming oceans.

It's a lot more than just animal exhibits.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:30 PM 05-17-2019
Grew up in KC. Live be in Lincoln now. No comparison on zoos. We have a pass to Omaha and go up about every six weeks. Winter is best. No people and amazing indoor exhibits.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:31 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Grew up in KC. Live be in Lincoln now. No comparison on zoos. We have a pass to Omaha and go up about every six weeks. Winter is best. No people and amazing indoor exhibits.
I was definitely surprised how much you could see indoors
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:37 PM 05-17-2019
My first trip to the Henry Doorley Zoo was way back in the early to mid 70's. The primate area was pretty much normal for that time although there were more species than at most zoos. The enclosure was concrete and all the primates were in separate cells. There was a very large male Silverback Gorilla in one of the cages and the safety glass that separated him from us was shattered from a punch he had thrown. The zoo staff had done some kind of physics thing (that my dad explained) that applied pressure to the shattered glass to hold it in place til they could replace it. Just the thought that he could do that again and possibly get out freaked me out, especially with all the asshats teasing him.
[Reply]
kc rush 09:39 PM 05-17-2019
It is an amazing zoo. Went there many times when my kids were younger and we lived in Lincoln several years ago.

I took them back last year for a scout overnight and we slept in the dessert dome.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up