ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
InChiefsHeaven 08:19 AM 05-17-2019
Just opened a new exhibit today:

\https://www.omaha.com/living/zoo/hen...8b21352e1.html

Say what you want about Omaha, but we have the best zoo in the country hands down, and maybe even the world. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the visit. Plan on a day at least, it's friggin' huge. Check out their site:

http://www.omahazoo.com/exhibits

*InChiefsHell is a citizen of Nebraska but was not paid in any way for this endorsement. He just really thinks the zoo is the shit*
[Reply]
Oxford 09:28 AM 05-17-2019
Are Marlon Perkins and Jim on exhibit there too?
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:32 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Oxford:
Are Marlon Perkins and Jim on exhibit there too?
"While Jim wrestles the panther, I slide into the tent of the tribes princess with a pitcher of Mai Tais"
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:35 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
"While Jim wrestles the panther, I slide into the tent of the tribes princess with a pitcher of Mai Tais"
In the Asian nightclub exhibit?
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:38 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In the Asian nightclub exhibit?
Absolutely
[Reply]
redfan 10:04 AM 05-17-2019
It's very nice, really good rainforest and desert dome exhibits as well.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:12 AM 05-17-2019
We got to camp overnight there with my son's scouting troop. We were put into the aquarium/penguin exhibit to sleep, I slept in the aquarium part because the penguins lunar cycle was setup where there was only like an hour of darkness at the time and I didn't want to fight those bright lights all night.

The next morning we got a private tour of the zoo before they opened and they took us into the big cats exhibit before they were outside. I remember the workers happened to be getting the big male lion fed or moved...not sure, we couldn't actually see it...but that thing was right on the other side of a big metal gate/wall from us and it roared and growled so loud I could feel it the vibration in my chest. I was unnerved by just hearing how powerful that thing sounded and nervous around those cages for the rest of the time we were in it.

Was really cool. That new exhibit was just being started on I think, was about 3-4 years ago.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:41 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
We got to camp overnight there with my son's scouting troop. We were put into the aquarium/penguin exhibit to sleep, I slept in the aquarium part because the penguins lunar cycle was setup where there was only like an hour of darkness at the time and I didn't want to fight those bright lights all night.

The next morning we got a private tour of the zoo before they opened and they took us into the big cats exhibit before they were outside. I remember the workers happened to be getting the big male lion fed or moved...not sure, we couldn't actually see it...but that thing was right on the other side of a big metal gate/wall from us and it roared and growled so loud I could feel it the vibration in my chest. I was unnerved by just hearing how powerful that thing sounded and nervous around those cages for the rest of the time we were in it.

Was really cool. That new exhibit was just being started on I think, was about 3-4 years ago.
I was in the Denver Zoo once when a lion let out a big roar, and there is definitely something imbedded in humans that reacts to that. Zoo or not, I wanted to vacate the area immediately.

Props to my distant ancestors who roamed around with free-range lions.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:46 AM 05-17-2019
The last time I was at Doorly we were standing in the lower section of the ape exhibit and there was a big one sitting right next to the window watching a kid making gestures at him. All off a sudden the ape smacked the window so hard with the back of his hand it sounded like a bomb going off.

I don't know if the kid shit his pants but I almost did.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:59 AM 05-17-2019
I enjoyed my last visit there, but it was so goddamn busy that we had to go back to our hotel room and call an uber to drop us off in the parking lot.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:06 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
The last time I was at Doorly we were standing in the lower section of the ape exhibit and there was a big one sitting right next to the window watching a kid making gestures at him. All off a sudden the ape smacked the window so hard with the back of his hand it sounded like a bomb going off.

The gorillas were great. Probably my favorite. They had babies and adults playing and wrestling together
[Reply]
bowener 11:27 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
$22? KC is only $16
KC zoo is a piece of shit.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:33 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:

:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:55 AM 05-17-2019
Meh...its a damn zoo
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:18 PM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I scrolled over the link, and it said 'asian highlands', but for some reason the first phrase that flashed through my head was 'asian nightclub'. I was really intrigued. I'd definitely go to an asian nightclub exhibit.
Orchids of Asia exhibit would be popular
[Reply]
TLO 12:20 PM 05-17-2019
The Omaha Zoo is amazing.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up