ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pellet Grills
Buehler445 10:13 AM 05-08-2019
My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
[Reply]
Strongside 06:17 PM 05-08-2019
We cook on Gateway drums for comps, but I have a Yoder YS 640 at home. That thing is a freaking BEAST. Gets hot enough to sear, has a griddle attachment. It’s phenomenal]
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:40 PM 05-08-2019
We have a traeger, going on our second one. Since it's just the wife and I now, we downsized to a smaller unit. We've replaced auger motors, igniters, general maintenance stuff, not bad. We've had a traeger of some model for over 20 years. Wife loves it, and rarely cooks inside, if she can help it.
[Reply]
O.city 06:43 PM 05-08-2019
I have a hasty bake that I’ve had for 4 years. It’s charcoal but I love it. It was t cheap but I’ve taken care of it pretty well and it’s holding up nicely

https://www.hastybake.com/
[Reply]
Bwana 07:04 PM 05-08-2019
This is what I have, love it.

https://www.yodersmokers.com/ys640-pellet-grill.html
[Reply]
Bwana 07:08 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

SAUTO, you must love to spend my money :-)
Trust me, they are worth it. I had a Treager and had nothing but problems. I took it back to Costco, go my money back and bought the Yoder.
[Reply]
srvy 07:36 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I have a hasty bake that I’ve had for 4 years. It’s charcoal but I love it. It was t cheap but I’ve taken care of it pretty well and it’s holding up nicely

https://www.hastybake.com/
Holy heck batman the size of that meat on those old grills in that homepage. Just wow.
[Reply]
notorious 07:56 PM 05-08-2019
Just checked out Yoder grills.....backed out of page carefully......

JFC, does food taste any better from one of those? Mother fucker better take mystery meat and turn it into a fucking Wagyu steak for that price.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:13 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Trust me, they are worth it. I had a Treager and had nothing but problems. I took it back to Costco, go my money back and bought the Yoder.
You must have missed the post where he told me to buy all of them and make a recommendation for him LOL
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:13 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
This is what I have, love it.

https://www.yodersmokers.com/ys640-pellet-grill.html
We are grill bro’s :-)

I absolutely love mine. It’s idiot proof, which is perfect for me...
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:22 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Love my Traeger. And by adjusting the p stop I can get 475 degrees out of it. Rarely do.....or want to. But I can if necessary.

Yep - I love mine as well - does a great job.. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just checked out Yoder grills.....backed out of page carefully......

JFC, does food taste any better from one of those? Mother fucker better take mystery meat and turn it into a fucking Wagyu steak for that price.
Yeah man. I looked over all the materials on them and fuuuuuck that’s a lot of money. Looks like a good rig, but I don’t know if I could get the value out of it.

Leaning Rectec. I’ll talk to the wife about it.
[Reply]
Sorce 10:24 AM 05-09-2019
What pellets are people using? Ordered 200lbs with my rec tec so that will last me a while but just wondering people's opinions on other brands / mixes?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:27 AM 05-09-2019
Originally Posted by Sorce:
What pellets are people using? Ordered 200lbs with my rec tec so that will last me a while but just wondering people's opinions on other brands / mixes?
I've heard a lot about Lumberjack. I'm also still using what I got with my Stampede.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 11:25 AM 05-09-2019
Lumberjack is good. Just make sure its 100% of the wood you desire
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:21 PM 05-09-2019
I've also heard good things about Cookin Pellets. I've heard that's where Rec Tec sources theirs, as a matter of fact.

Also heard good things about Pit Boss pellets.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up