ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pellet Grills
Buehler445 10:13 AM 05-08-2019
My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:24 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
My Traeger is awesome.
This.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:32 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
go buy a couple and let me know which one you like best. I'm thinking of going this route too
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:32 AM 05-08-2019
I have one of these -Yoder YS640, except it's a drop in. I love it.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:34 AM 05-08-2019
If anyone has any experience with PitBoss grills, feel free to chime in. The one with the 60 lb pellet hopper has had my attention for a minute.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:34 AM 05-08-2019
I think you need a yoder beuhler...
[Reply]
OmahaChief 11:34 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think Traegar's are alright, but not worth what you're spending. Have heard a lot of good things about rectec grills.

FIL has a GMG Daniel Boone with the wifi and really seems to still like it years later.
Love my GMG Daniel Boone. I have made some really good stuff in that bad boy. Consistent and easy to use if you don't have the time or want to tend to a stick burner.
[Reply]
okiedokieokoye 11:38 AM 05-08-2019
So us out in here in California have to worry about something called Prop 65 which is a list of things that have been known to cause cancer. Wood dust is on this list...and the bags of Wood Pellets have this warning on them. Having never used a pellet grill before, is this an actual concern I should have? Is there a ton of wood dust floating around? I would think it would all burn off.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 11:39 AM 05-08-2019
I would highly suggest looking at a Rec Tec. They can get up to 500 degrees which most pg cant. Wife and I got the bull last year and it is very well built. We love the thing

https://www.rectecgrills.com/bull-rt...-pellet-grill/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:40 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by okiedokieokoye:
So us out in here in California have to worry about something called Prop 65 which is a list of things that have been known to cause cancer. Wood dust is on this list...and the bags of Wood Pellets have this warning on them. Having never used a pellet grill before, is this an actual concern I should have? Is there a ton of wood dust floating around? I would think it would all burn off.
I don't think it'd be any more or less risky than being around Wifi signals and what not.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 11:41 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by okiedokieokoye:
They think everything causes cancer out there. No I'd have no concern with wood pellets
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 11:42 AM 05-08-2019
Here's a great forum I also use.

https://pelletfan.com/
[Reply]
In58men 11:43 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yep tried and true and no electric motors and fans to go bad.
Yep, built to last. Don’t have to worry about parts failing during a cook.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:59 AM 05-08-2019
I got the rec tec stampede a few weeks ago. Loving it.

One of my concerns was if it could replace my gas grill for searing. I ordered the grill grates with it and get better sear than my gas grill ever has. My temp generally stays +/- 2 degrees of where it is set. The wifi for the probes is awesome, I can check on the temps from wherever I am in the house. I have mine covered so being able to turn it on remotely isn't that big of a deal.

I was sold on the construction and quality of the components.
[Reply]
kepp 12:01 PM 05-08-2019
I have a Pit Boss pellet grill and its been great. No complaints what-so-ever.
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:09 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by tomahawkchop25:
I've had a Green Mountain for a couple of years and absolutely love it.
This. GMG is far superior to Traeger. I can get mine up to 500, no problem, and their customer service is second to none. I messed up and let mine get soaked in a rainstorm, allowing the auger to get filled with wet pellets, which expanded and turn to cement (basically). I called them and they sent me a whole new auger unit with easy to install instructions.

Having used/owned both, I would recommend GMG over Traeger
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up