ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Best 'One Season Wonders'
Discuss Thrower 04:14 PM 05-06-2019
For a deeper field, I'll consider anything with fewer than 25 total episodes as 'one season'.

So what's the best y'all have watched? I'm putting forth HBO's "The Brink" and the cult favorite "Firefly" as two series which, were shortened, had enough resolution to consider them completed story arcs.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:23 PM 05-06-2019
Terriers

Only had one season on FX back in 2010

One of my all time favorite shows though.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 04:37 PM 05-06-2019
Claymore (anime) - Show writers fucked up by going off Manga and completely botching the end of the season so there will never be a season 2.

Luck (HBO) - Great premise, solid casting but got the axe as SJW's raged over the abuse of horses.

Hello Ladies (HBO) - Another show with a solid premise and cast. I don't even know why it was cancelled. HBO must have really really high standards.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:27 PM 05-06-2019
I'm probably in the minority (since it got cancelled and all), but I really liked NBC's "The Event". It got to the end of season one with a major cliff-hanger, and poof, cancelled.

I also thought Fox's "The exorcist" was well done too (but it had 2 seasons I believe).
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:31 PM 05-06-2019
Firefly. I mean, that's the answer, right?

Terriers, Freaks and Geeks, Ben Stiller Show, Clone High were all good as well.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:33 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No, because I'm assuming there's probably a British TV show that was just the tits and only designed to be fewer than 25 episodes by design.

Because the limeys are like that.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:36 PM 05-06-2019
Firefly and Freaks and Geeks stand out to me off the top of my head. Godless was really good too but I dont think it was planned to have more than one season so not sure it counts. Lucky Louie was hilarious. My So Called Life was pretty good as well.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 05:37 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Terriers, Freaks and Geeks, Ben Stiller Show, Clone High were all good as well.
Yep, Firefly is the answer. Was there another one season wonder that spawned a motion picture or propelled so many careers? Great characters with great actors who played them.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:47 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Terriers

Only had one season on FX back in 2010

One of my all time favorite shows though.
Never heard of this but after some research I'd like to check it out. Cant find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime though. Guess I'll have to pirate it.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:51 PM 05-06-2019
I wanted to say the D&D cartoon but it ran 2 seasons with 28 epsides

Its Your Move.

[Reply]
MTG#10 05:56 PM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
I wanted to say the D&D cartoon but it ran 2 seasons with 28 epsides

Nice, forgot about this show. LOVED D&D when I was a kid (cartoon and the game)
[Reply]
eDave 05:59 PM 05-06-2019
The Oblongs
[Reply]
banecat 06:04 PM 05-06-2019
Brink, Firefly were great. I'd add Profit to the list
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 06:05 PM 05-06-2019
Even though it’s technically 1.5 seasons (30 episodes total), I really loved Jericho. Non zombie dystopian stuff really interests me.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:09 PM 05-06-2019
Brimstone. A fantastic show from the late 90s about a cop sent back from hell to collar a bunch of escapees from hell. Peter Horton was great as the cop, and John Glover was deliciously evil as the devil - I really can't think of a better devil portrayal in anything I've seen before or since - he was sort of a cross between DeNiro's devil in Angelheart and Clancy Brown's Kurgan from Highlander. It was well written, dark, moody, twisted and awesome.

Sadly, it was the baby of a Fox executive who got whacked, and from what I've read the new guy basically torpedoed it to spite him. Didn't even last a full season. Fucker.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up