ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2019 Draft Cliff Notes?
htismaqe 08:03 AM 04-26-2019
I haven't been around for a while and don't plan on being around much either.

I wanted to create a thread where everybody could give their 2 cents on the draft just so I can get a feel for how it went down without having to spend hours on it. :-)

What were your thoughts on the first round? Biggest surprises? Biggest reaches? Raiders? Broncos? Chargers?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:16 AM 04-26-2019
Really no surprises the fatties were expected to go and they went
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 AM 04-26-2019
Chargers got a good one
[Reply]
Munson 08:34 AM 04-26-2019
Biggest surprises on Day 1:

- 2 TE's taken before any DB's
- no DB's taken until pick 21
- no WR's taken until pick 25

Raiders got better.

Donks are "meh."

Chargers got Jerry Tillery, which worries me. He was the best pick in the West so far.

Still tons on WR and DB prospects available, but there will be a huge run of them taken in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:36 AM 04-26-2019
The Chargers getting Tillery sucked
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 AM 04-26-2019
I saw the Chargers got Tillery. Good player but why does it not scare me that much?

The Raiders looked like they had a solid draft. Reached for Ferrill, he's not Mack but could be good. Jacobs is a RB, don't really care honestly. And the Abram pick brings some attitude but he's more of a LB than safety for me. I don't think the Raiders got FASTER on defense and that's not going to help them stop Mahomes.

Looks like a ton of WRs (including Metcalf) are still out there, as well as pretty much all the CBs and safeties we wanted since Savage and Baker were the guys that went in the first.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:

Raiders got better.

Donks are "meh."

Chargers got Jerry Tillery, which worries me. He was the best pick in the West so far.

Still tons on WR and DB prospects available, but there will be a huge run of them taken in the 2nd round.
Hockenson at 8 and Fant at 20? Is that like the first time ever?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:15 AM 04-26-2019
watching the draft last night also made me feel completely 100% fine with the Frank Clark trade
[Reply]
Munson 09:18 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hockenson at 8 and Fant at 20? Is that like the first time ever?
I believe so.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
watching the draft last night also made me feel completely 100% fine with the Frank Clark trade
When Ferrell goes that high, it kind of sinks in a bit, yeah? I was happy with the Clark trade before last night but it sure seems like the move is now validated somewhat.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:25 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
When Ferrell goes that high, it kind of sinks in a bit, yeah? I was happy with the Clark trade before last night but it sure seems like the move is now validated somewhat.
thats what i meant by it, validated is a much better word for it
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:11 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
If Sweat had fallen a couple more spots, I would've been unhappy with it. But he didn't.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If Sweat had fallen a couple more spots, I would've been unhappy with it. But he didn't.
I'm just not impressed with Sweat. Especially not as a 4-3 DE.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:14 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:

Raiders got better.

Donks are "meh."

Sure the Raiders got 'better' because how the fuck can you not with 3 picks unless you're Dave Gettleman. But, they could have got a hell lot better than they actually did. The fucking blew it lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Sure the Raiders got 'better' because how the fuck can you not with 3 picks unless you're Dave Gettleman. But, they could have got a hell lot better than they actually did. The fucking blew it lol
That's kind of the way I look at it. They got a decent haul but could have probably done A LOT better.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up