ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 33
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
Fish 10:58 PM 05-19-2019
I liked how Thanos showed some serious fighting skill without the gauntlet. Really nailed him as a character.

Thought this would have been cool too see:

[Reply]
Bowser 11:02 PM 05-19-2019
Man, Thanos really was the Mad Titan in Endgame. In Infinity War, he already had possession of two of the stones (Loki lost one and Vision took it) and was seemingly past being a bloodthirsty conqueror. Endgame Thanos was just a BAMF.
[Reply]
Nasker 03:31 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
I liked how Thanos showed some serious fighting skill without the gauntlet. Really nailed him as a character.

Thought this would have been cool too see:

Thanos is purple.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:41 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
While true, Thor wasn't the Thor that buried Stormbreaker in Thanos' chest five years earlier, either.
That's true. It would have been cool to see time traveling Thanos against the Thor at the very beginning of Endgame before he got all fat and depressed.
[Reply]
In58men 07:45 AM 05-20-2019
My boy Howard the Duck made another appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frosty 01:42 PM 05-20-2019
I understand Stark's insistent on not snapping people back to when they disappeared five years ago because of his daughter but could you imagine the chaos if half of the earth's population suddenly reappeared after society has had five years to adapt? There wouldn't be enough food produced, the infrastructure had gone to shit (all the abandoned property that wouldn't be livable after sitting for five years), spouses that had been left might have moved on and remarried, etc. There would be a real chance that you would be snapped back thinking nothing was different and then find you had no job, no place to live and no family.

Also, it appears that you were snapped back to the same place you were dusted. What if you were in an airplane or on a cruise at the time you dusted? And that is ignoring the movement of the Earth and galaxy during that time. Where was the frame of reference to when they came back to?

Eh - I know, comic book logic. Just kind of fun to think about the ramifications of this.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:45 PM 05-20-2019
Another random thought.

i was thinking that they could bring Widow back for her movie like they did Gamora - by going back in time and bring her back. However, if each time incursion causes a new timeline in the multiverse, then in the timeline that was created by retrieving Nat, from their point of view, Widow would have been kidnapped by evil versions of themselves and the Avengers of that timeline would probably do everything they could to bring her back.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:53 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Man, Thanos really was the Mad Titan in Endgame. In Infinity War, he already had possession of two of the stones (Loki lost one and Vision took it) and was seemingly past being a bloodthirsty conqueror. Endgame Thanos was just a BAMF.
Thanos owning Hulk easily without using any stones in Infinity War was probably the most badass thing I could think of him doing. But yeah he saw more of that in endgame.
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thanos owning Hulk easily without using any stones in Infinity War was probably the most badass thing I could think of him doing. But yeah he saw more of that in endgame.
He had the power stone IIRC at that point in Infinity War right?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:35 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I dont believe he "activated" the powerstone in that fight.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:43 PM 05-20-2019
I just wished that Cap screamed Avengers Assemble!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:52 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's been confirmed that he kicked the Hulk's ass without the power stone.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:15 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I understand Stark's insistent on not snapping people back to when they disappeared five years ago because of his daughter but could you imagine the chaos if half of the earth's population suddenly reappeared after society has had five years to adapt? There wouldn't be enough food produced, the infrastructure had gone to shit (all the abandoned property that wouldn't be livable after sitting for five years), spouses that had been left might have moved on and remarried, etc. There would be a real chance that you would be snapped back thinking nothing was different and then find you had no job, no place to live and no family.

Also, it appears that you were snapped back to the same place you were dusted. What if you were in an airplane or on a cruise at the time you dusted? And that is ignoring the movement of the Earth and galaxy during that time. Where was the frame of reference to when they came back to?

Eh - I know, comic book logic. Just kind of fun to think about the ramifications of this.
I'm not finding a link, but the writers have been doing media tours and have directly addressed that question.

The Hulk brought them back to a safe place as a condition when bringing them back. He considered it, and the stones are all powerful magic so they can basically do anything no matter how little sense it makes.

That's just what magic does to stories.

Magic AND time travel?

Forget it. Check your brain at that door.
[Reply]
007 10:08 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:

If they show up exactly where they disappeared, imagine what it was like for people that were on a plane for the first snap. FREEFALLING
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:02 PM 05-21-2019
Agree with everyone about Thanos.

We saw the Mad-Titan. An enemy who, without infinity stones, basically KO'd Thor, Iron Man, and Cap with Mjolner at the same time. It really gives you the sense for what the Russos meant when saying the Avengers on Titan would have been "disappointed in the outcome" if they managed to get the gauntlet off of Thanos in IW.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 33
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up