ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Calling all Scouts: Tell me about the top Safety prospects.
Mr_Tomahawk 10:39 PM 03-13-2019
Now that we no longer have Berry, I hope we spend 1 of our top 3 picks on a ball hawk safety.

So all the armchair scouts in here; give me a quick overview of the top safeties in this class that could go in the first two rounds.

And who would you compare them to in the NFL? (Past or Present)

Any Ed Reeds in this class or absolute ballhawks?

Thank you.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:25 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well, that's cool, but chasing guys much faster than him downfield isn't it. And if playing in the box and covering TE's and playing run support isn't it, then what is?
6 INT’s in his last 40 games. He also came up big on that stop in the Pats game. That’s a hell of a lot better than Murray, Lucas and Watts.

Cutting a player like that leaves us with little behind him. Yes we might draft someone, but in today’s NFL you see 3 safeties on the field a lot.

He isn’t getting paid much and we need him this year.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:30 PM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
6 INT’s in his last 40 games. He also came up big on that stop in the Pats game. That’s a hell of a lot better than Murray, Lucas and Watts.

Cutting a player like that leaves us with little behind him. Yes we might draft someone, but in today’s NFL you see 3 safeties on the field a lot.

He isn’t getting paid much and we need him this year.
He's getting paid quite a lot actually. 4.7 million.

We need SOMEONE. I think that's quite a lot for a guy that ideally is a special-teamer and back-up.

Murray is trash. Lucas and Watts both look better than that and are at least true FS types.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:51 PM 03-29-2019
Cutting Sorensen at this point would be a very dire mistake IMO. He's not a world-beater by any means, but he's average and average is better than the rest of the shit show that was out there last year. I think he fits well as a box safety in 3 safety sets. He has elite change of direction skills but lacks deep speed. I've never had much problem with what he does on the field overall, I just don't want to see him lined up out there as the last line of defense because he's not that guy. Honestly wish the guy could put on 15 pounds and play WOLB.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:31 AM 04-08-2019
im starting to like Juan Thornhill more and more i watch of him
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
im starting to like Juan Thornhill more and more i watch of him
I’ve seen a lot of Byron Jones comparisons

I like him
[Reply]
kccrow 05:48 PM 04-08-2019
I don't think it's a secret Thornhill is my favorite safety prospect, and actually favorite DB overall, in this draft. When I started seeing mocks with him going to Seattle at 21 I kind of gave up on the idea that he might be there. I really think that he's the first safety off the board. No safety in this class matches his total skill set. He's got ball skills, he tackles well, he's got the size, he can cover anyone... If KC trades up, I want it to be for a pass rusher. If they stand pat at 29 and Thornhill is there, then he needs to be the pick IMO.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:44 AM 04-09-2019
I listen to Moving the Chains on Sirius on the way home from work. Yesterday they (Kirwan and Miller) were talking about Thompson from Alabama. Kirwan said he is the best Free Safety in the draft.

As a side note, on the Center position, he said the tape on Michael Jordan from Ohio State is very impressive... and he is only 20 years old. Thinks he could eventually be the best Center. Compared to Pouncey a couple of times.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:27 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I listen to Moving the Chains on Sirius on the way home from work. Yesterday they (Kirwan and Miller) were talking about Thompson from Alabama. Kirwan said he is the best Free Safety in the draft.

As a side note, on the Center position, he said the tape on Michael Jordan from Ohio State is very impressive... and he is only 20 years old. Thinks he could eventually be the best Center. Compared to Pouncey a couple of times.
Versus Jenkins, Jordan seems a little tall for C and his bench was underwhelming.

But that may be a factor of his age and frame filling out.
[Reply]
Iconic 11:56 AM 04-12-2019
As much as I love CGJ I'm becoming convinced Thornhill might be the best safety in the class when potential is factored in. I think he might be a future HOFer and might get drafted in the first. I'm serious.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:30 PM 04-12-2019
Thompson, Adderly, Thornhill, CGJ any of those guys would be great pick-ups.

I'd be wary of another small guy at safety. HB is SMALL and although his ferocity is unquestioned, and he'll be more of a SS type I'd think for Spagnuolo, you still don't want two tiny ****ers in there at safety.

also, look at that- 4 guys that various people who do this for a living predict will go in the first round or top 50 picks anyway.

You really think those 4 plus Rapp are all going to go that early? I don't. Not for safeties.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 12:41 PM 04-23-2019
So with the Frank Clark Trade...who realistically could be there when we pick in the 2nd?

Best Free Safety at that spot in your opinions?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:50 PM 04-23-2019
hopefully Thornhill will be there
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
hopefully Thornhill will be there
I think Thornhill goes between picks #40-45.

Now Savage on the other hand.....
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I think Thornhill goes between picks #40-45.

Now Savage on the other hand.....
If there's a guy that's gonna go higher than anyone expects, it's gotta be Savage.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:57 AM 04-24-2019
Thornhill is going round 1, book it. If by some magical happenstance he's there at 61, there'd be fire coming off my boots running to the podium.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up