ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Drafting a center
O.city 09:30 AM 03-01-2019
They’re not gonna keep Morse so who looks good in this draft to replace him
[Reply]
kccrow 06:44 AM 04-10-2019
There's literally a half dozen centers that can do what Bradbury can in this draft that won't go in round 1. That fucking combine performance has you spellbound, I swear. Bradbury wasn't even a 1st round consideration until

he ran fast in shorts. Tell me what's so fundamentally different between Bradbury and Jenkins, McCoy, McGovern, Jordan, Deiter, Lindstrom, or Risner?

Any of those guys can play center (all but Lindstrom have) and all can get out and block in space, albeit some better than others. Probably none of them cost a 1st rounder and most will probably half that list will be

available, at least, at 61. Good interior offensive lineman are constantly found in rounds 2 and 3. If you were advocating for a tackle because the team needed one, I'd probably be on board. There is absolutely no reason to

burn a 1st on an offensive player this year and especially a center.

I think really paying attention to the 20-yard shuttle is the most important thing you can do when looking at O-line testing outside of burst testing (jumps). You really see Risner, McGovern, Bradbury, McCoy, Lindstrom and

Jenkins stand out in that test out of the group I rattled off. Anything below 4.65 is really good, below 4.55 is excellent. Risner, Lindstrom and Bradbury break 4.55. the rest are 4.57-4.62. 40 doesn't matter. 3-cone doesn't

matter. Those are DB and WR drills. Looking at explosive lower body power, you have all of those guys breaking 102" on the broad jump and Jordan, Bradbury, Lindstrom and McCoy breaking 30" on the vertical (no idea on

McGovern, he didn't partake but his 112" broad jump is high). The rest were close all at 28" plus. So, overall I think you can be happy that they all meet the lower body explosion you want. In terms of athletic ability, I see

what I want to see out of the bulk of the group of guys that you could likely consider day 2 picks on the interior that can play center. I'm probably not on Jordan or Deiter as much as the rest, but I'd consider Jordan long

before Deiter.

Any of the rest are perfectly in-line with what you get from Bradbury. Bradbury also has the shortest arms by far. Of the group, only Bradbury (31.75), McCoy (33.00), and Deiter (33.125) are shorter than 34 inches. For

teams that value guys that can keep guys out away from their frame, most of these guys are good fits (KC has traditionally valued this trait). As for play on the field, these guys have all been consistently graded day 1 or 2

picks throughout the process. It really wasn't until the combine that Bradbury jumped Jenkins and McCoy, so that's something to think about. Risner and Lindstrom have been borderline guys. And speaking of Lindstrom, if

there were an interior lineman I'd take in the 1st he'd be the one, not Bradbury.

/* Ah white space, also known as wasted space */
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:58 AM 04-10-2019
Not reading wall o'text past 'there are half a dozen centers that can do what he does...'

No, there really aren't. And anytime I explain why you just say 'nuh uh' and move along.

You don't like the idea of a C in 1 and that's fine but you've overplayed your hand like crazy trying to diminish Bradbury as a prospect. He's a blue-chipper and you trying to say hes only marginally better (if tht) than guys who will end up going in the 4th is pretty ridiculous

He's significantly better than every other C in the class.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:04 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not reading wall o'text past 'there are half a dozen centers that can do what he does...'

No, there really aren't. And anytime I explain why you just say 'nuh uh' and move along.

You don't like the idea of a C in 1 and that's fine but you've overplayed your hand like crazy trying to diminish Bradbury as a prospect. He's a blue-chipper and you trying to say hes only marginally better (if tht) than guys who will end up going in the 4th is pretty ridiculous

He's significantly better than every other C in the class.
Read the wall of text and you'll gain clarity into why your idea is so fucking retarded. Until then I really have nothing more to say to you about it. I tell you what, I'll edit it and make it paragraphs so you can feel better about white space.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:13 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Read the wall of text and you'll gain clarity into why your idea is so fucking retarded. Until then I really have nothing more to say to you about it. I tell you what, I'll edit it and make it paragraphs so you can feel better about white space.
You aren't saying anything I haven't already spoken to. Even the 'just take a C in the 2nd' position has been addressed if you're advocating someone like McCoy in 2 or a center conversion.

You're overplaying your hand and trying to make Bradbury some run of the mill 2nd day IOL prospect because you make weekly mocks and have built yourself up in your mind as a forum draft genius so anyone that disagrees with you is clearly functionally retarded.

Whatever. You just blasted 1000 words at the screen with nary an enter key in play and then set about calling the mere possibility of taking a C over some glorified LBer like Abrams 'fucking retarded'. I can almost see the spittle on your monitor, bro.

You don't want a C in 1. I don't want a glorified coverage 'backer or fungible CB prospect. Guess we all have our crosses to bear. But please, continue harumphing - it's a solid way to pass the time as I finish my morning constitutional. CJs Wings will do a number on you the next day...
[Reply]
kccrow 07:15 AM 04-10-2019
Better yet, maybe I shouldn't say retarded. It's nowhere near that stupid. It's a reasonable pick if I could bring myself to believe that there won't be a defensive prospect that offers at least the same value there. I simply don't see it. Personally, I find the group wanting Hockenson in 1 to be way more unreasonable than you so I extend my personal apology for the "retarded" comment.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:17 AM 04-10-2019
We're all gonna go off the deep end anyhow when some douche nozzle like L.J. Collier is the pick in round 1.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:20 AM 04-10-2019
DJ is the leader of that group as well lol
[Reply]
kccrow 07:23 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-) Fuck, I really haven't been paying attention enough this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:28 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How do you figure?

I dont think we're going off the board at all. I think we've spoken as nauseam about who the first pick will be.

O.City is the guy who looks at every possibility and says they're 'fine'. I think there are maybe 5 guys likely to be available that I would be good with picking.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:31 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Better yet, maybe I shouldn't say retarded. It's nowhere near that stupid. It's a reasonable pick if I could bring myself to believe that there won't be a defensive prospect that offers at least the same value there. I simply don't see it. Personally, I find the group wanting Hockenson in 1 to be way more unreasonable than you so I extend my personal apology for the "retarded" comment.
Oh. THAT group.

Fuck yeah I'm the leader of THAT group. He was the guy I was calling for before the season was even over. I loved Hock before it was cool. I have a lengthy treatise or 2 round here should you wish to find them as to why. Bradbury is a viable emergency measure for me but Hock is damn near a best case scenario for reasons I outlined months ago. Will find and link later if you care.

But he's going top 12.

And ultimately I dont disagree with you w/r/t the likely outcomes on defense. I dont WANT the defensive side of the board picked clean to the point that I'm left considering a C. But if it happens, I'm content with that pick because hes gonna he really damn good.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:43 AM 04-10-2019
I don't ever recall you pushing for Hock in 1, but perhaps you did. I thought I recalled you saying it would be a good pick if he was there at 29.

In any event, teams draft the best player available at a position of immediate or near future need and rarely just pick the best player on the board. Hock would be the best player on the board pick. The Chiefs don't need a #1 TE. Sure, they need to bolster the TE group as a whole, but they have Travis Kelce who is likely to play 3-5 more years depending on health.

Even if Hock were there, I don't see KC making that pick. I could see them trading down a few slots with a team that did want him. That said, I absolutely agree he's likely going in the top half of the 1st.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:52 AM 04-10-2019
Taking a Tight End in the first round would be retarded.

Thanks for reading.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:02 AM 04-10-2019
How do you figure?

I dont think we're going off the board at all. I think we've spoken as nauseam about who the first pick will be.

O.City is the guy who looks at every possibility and says they're 'fine'. I think there are maybe 5 guys likely to be available that I would be good with picking.
Hey I’m all for taking Hock at 29 in the dream scenario that he makes it there. That’s wasn’t a shot at all.

Edit: just saw you figured it out in your next post
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 AM 04-10-2019
How do you figure?

via GIPHY

[Reply]
staylor26 08:05 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

via GIPHY

Do you know the origin of this GIF? I see it all the time but have no idea where it’s from.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up